This morning I learned that Siona Shimshi passed away and I am totally devastated.
I had the privilege of teaching with Sionka, first at The Sadna and latter I was flattered when she asked me to join her at The College of Management Academic Studies (The COLLMAN), she was a part of my life and I feel blessed.
A part of me died today.
R.I.P 💔 (This picture was taken early 90s)
Although where I live we still have a few more months of heat and humidity, today is officially the first day of autumn 🍁🍄🌰🍂. Time for a summary of my summer reading .
Three months ago, I was really hoping to improve my reading scope. Well it didn't happen, maybe just a bit.
Perhaps I should relate to: The Chronicles of Amber not as one book but as five (because it is), it would have stayed in my good graces.
On this occasion let me wish you a happy Hag Sukkot.
• My Struggle / Boyhood - Karl Ove Knausgaard
• Chanson douce - Leïla Slimani
• Den ärliga bedragaren / The True Deceiver - Tove Jansson
• Great House - Nicole Krauss
• Elizabeth is Missing - Emma Healey
• Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls - Elena Favilli & Francesca Cavallo
• The Chronicles of Amber /The Corwin cycle -Roger Zelazny
• Loving Frank - Nancy Horan
• Ungeduld des Herzens / Beware of Pity - Stefan Zweig