Thank You for your service and all your sacrifice. . . . . .
Veterans Day / Armistice Day 2018 🙏🏻 On this day the Allied powers signed a ceasefire agreement with Germany at Rethondes, France, at 11:00 a.m. on November 11, 1918, bringing the war later known as World War I to a close. ... Between the world wars, November 11 was commemorated as Armistice Day in the United States, Great Britain, and France.
VOTE YES on 12
#yeson12#vote . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A YES vote on this measure means: There would be new minimum requirements on farmers to provide more space for egg-laying hens, breeding pigs, and calves raised for veal. California businesses would be banned from selling eggs or uncooked pork or veal that came from animals housed in ways that did not meet these requirements.
A NO vote on this measure means: Current minimum space requirements for confining egg-laying hens, pregnant pigs, and calves raised for veal would continue to apply. Current ban on businesses in California selling eggs not meeting these space requirements for hens would remain in effect.
PRO Confining a baby veal calf, mother pig, or egg-laying hen inside a tiny cage is cruel. Products from these suffering animals threaten food safety. YES on Prop. 12 endorsers: Nearly 500 California veterinarians, ASPCA, Humane Society of the United States, California family farmers and animal shelters, Center for Food Safety.
CON This outrageous sell-out to the egg industry betrays animals and voters. Californians already voted to ban cages by 2015. This cruel measure legalizes cages until at least 2022! And hens get just ONE SQUARE FOOT of space. Vote NO on farm animal cruelty by voting NO on Proposition 12. www.StopTheRottenEggInitiative.org
🌀 🌀10 reasons why to stop eating animals & animal products . . . . . . . . . . .✏️ Disease Prevention . . . #nationalveganday
Eating a healthy vegan diet has shown to prevent a number of diseases. . . .
1. Cardiovascular disease; Eating nuts and whole grains, while eliminating dairy products and meat.
Vegan diets go far in preventing heart attack and stroke.
2. Cholesterol ;
Eliminating any food that comes from an animal and you will eliminate all dietary cholesterol from your diet. Your heart will thank you for that.
3. Blood pressure; A diet rich in whole grains is beneficial to your health in many ways, including lowering high blood pressure.
4. Type 2 diabetes; Not only is a vegan diet a weapon against Type 2 diabetes, it is also "easier to follow than the standard diet recommended by the American Diabetic Association." Read more about it here.
5. Prostate cancer; A major study showed that men in the early stages of prostate cancer who switched to a vegan diet either stopped the progress of the cancer or may have even reversed the illness.
6.Colon cancer; Eating a diet consisting of whole grains, along with fresh fruits and vegetables, can greatly reduce your chances of colon cancer.
7. Breast cancer; Countries where women eat very little meat and animal products have a much lower rate of breast cancer than do the women in countries that consume more animal products.
8. Macular degeneration ; Diets with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, especially leafy greens, carrots, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes, can help prevent the onset of age-related macular degeneration.
9. Cataracts; Much the same way macular degeneration is headed off by a vegan diet, cataracts are also thought to be prevented through the intake of the same fruits and vegetables. Produce high in antioxidants are also believed to help prevent cataracts.
10. Arthritis ; Eliminating dairy consumption has long been connected with alleviating arthritis symptoms, but a new study indicates that a combination of gluten-free and vegan diet is very promising for improving your health.
Mental Health is Real.
Don’t judge. Its happening every day.. . . . . . . .
Thank you for your beautiful and brave stories @miraclesandmesses & @perfectly_borderline ・・・
Suicide isn’t a dirty word.
It isn’t offensive, I’m not ashamed to say the word suicide.
But the stigma around mental health has left people thinking it is, we can talk about people being physically poor - no problem.
I hear people talking about people passing away through physical conditions such as a heart attack all the time but not suicide.
Suicide isn’t spoken about.
Suicide isn’t spoken about to our children.
It hardly makes the news or is spoken about on tv, not in a way that would prevent it anyway.
It’s not something that we talk about when we meet up with friends or family.
How are we meant to know how to deal with suicidal thoughts and feelings if we haven’t even spoken about it?
And how are we meant to know talking about our own suicidal thoughts is ok if the word suicide is so unspoken?
How are we meant to ask for help if the stigma is still attached?
There have been times when my life has been so hard I questioned if I could carry on and even tried to end my life a few times, does this make me a bad person?
Does it make me weak because I wanted the pain to stop?
Contemplating suicide doesn't for one second make me weak or selfish.
Being suicidal isn’t something that deserves punishment.
It isn’t this nasty hate word, it’s a word that carries a lot of pain and hurt behind it but without talking about it we can’t prevent that pain.
Talk to family members and friends, have a coffee with them and let them know that you are with them, they aren’t alone and give them a chance to open up.
Although currently I feel like the squiggly line @dr_pegah_teymoorian says, that’s okay. I will still get there! Love Love this share・・・
We all have a vision or roadmap to achieving success, but as many of us have discovered, it’s not always so cut and dried! Sometimes the circumstances we are in can cause a wrench to be thrown into our original plan, causing us to take many different twists and turns that we had not originally expected. But that’s OK!! In fact, those twists and turns teach us so many more lessons along the way, so create your own path to success and don’t stop until you reach your ultimate goal. .