P is for Peptides
What are they?
Peptides are short chains of amino acids, and are the building blocks of proteins. The most commonly known proteins in the skin are collagen, elastin and keratin, which are responsible for its texture and tone. There are hundreds of different peptides, all of which are made from different combinations of amino acids.
What are they used for?
In skincare peptides are used to help reinforce those proteins naturally occurring in the skin, therefore rejuvenating and maintaining it. Different types of peptides have different effects, from smoothing wrinkles or repairing barrier function to increasing firmness and hydration. Several peptides can be combined in one product, and most are found in anti-ageing products for skin that has started to demonstrate a decrease in the production of those essential proteins. On skincare product labels look for words that end in “peptide” – many also begin with “palmitoyl”.
Why use them?
Due to their function in helping to reinforce essential proteins in the skin, peptides are powerful anti-ageing ingredients to include in your regime. Because there are so many different peptides, having them combined in one product can allow you to target several different signs of ageing at once as well as reinforcing skin’s own protective functions.
• Made with 3 different cleansing oils
• Oil to milk formulation
• Lifts away dead skin cells and makeup to reveal smoother, clearer and brighter-looking skin.
• Supports the skin’s natural repair process and creates a strengthening barrier
• Lightweight, non-greasy and hydrating
• Prevents moisture loss
• A perfect base for SPF and makeup ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ DAY CREAM
• Helps promote the visible reduction of dark circles and dull complexion
• Helps to smooth visible surface wrinkles and imperfections
• Formulated with Contains Persian silk tree bark extract known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing and astringent properties.
• Helps to lift the upper eyelid
• Fades away dark circles, diminishing puffiness
• Cooling and hydrating
Love your skin with gentle yet effective skin care solutions from M.C Skin Truth by Michelle Collins.
Our moisturisers, anti-aging creams and serums leave skin looking radiant and feeling great. ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀
Our cleanser contains 3 different types of cleansing oils, it removes makeup and leaves skin feeling smooth, fresh and natural.
Photo: @dawnbowery ⠀⠀
Pellum Vero® NIGHT CREAM | ℮50ML ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Discover a little bit of magic as you sleep. Specially formulated with anti-aging peptides. Naturally active ingredients include Persian Silk tree bark and Green Tea to detoxify, smooth and repair your skin. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 🌳🍃🌝🌃 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Discover more at:
www.MCSkinTruth.com/skincare/night ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Also available at @seduirelondon & @caci_cambridge ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #skincare#skincareroutine#over30beauty#over40beauty#over50andfabulous#nightcream