🦋Happy Monday! We're looking forward to another week of #simplecozystyle with you all! We can’t wait to see all of your cozy Summer decor!
We would like to thank Nikki @lovenikkile for joining us last week, and welcome our new guest co-host, Kara @beglorifiedhome 📋Here are the rules:
🦋Anytime Monday-Wednesday, post an original photo of your cozy home using the hashtag #SimpleCozyStyle
🦋Be sure to follow all hosts (we check!)
Dee Ann @athomewiththecowans
And our guest host Kara @beglorifiedhome 🦋Winner will be announced on Friday, featured on all of our accounts, and will be asked to co-host with us the following week!
🦋Tag a few friends who you think would love to play along! Tagging a few to get us started!
My mom and I took a lovely trip to @ikeausa today; and I wish this was the entrance to a cute cafe I could go to every Sunday morning 😍
This is one of their new displays and it’s beautiful!
For a little bit I’ve been trying to figure out what my style and theme is for my “home” (well, bedroom since I still live at home). I started this Instagram with a strong intent that anything farmhouse is my style because most of the people I started following had that look, so I just told myself: that’s my look.
Over a year later, and I’ve learned that there’s tons of styles and I don’t need to buckle down to the most popular one, or just one at all! I can mix boho with farmhouse and a hint of eclectic if I want!
You can love to look at, and have some chippy antiques in your home, but don’t need to fill your entire home with them. Same goes with any other style out there. You don’t need to buckle down your entire home to one theme. Have a flow of themes. If it’s what you like and makes you happy, it will all flow together.
I’ve really looked at everyone’s Instagram for inspiration. Each home is different and unique. Some share similar styles but design them so differently. I may not want certain chippy pieces in my home, but I sure love looking at them! You don’t need to have what everyone else has. Look at others for inspiration for what you want.
As a wise blogger once said, “You do you.” ~ Erin @cottonstem 😉♥️ I’ve been incorporating a lot more greenery to my room and working on a little new style added to my current “farmhouse” style. It’s still a work in progress (what home isn’t? 🤣). I’m still learning what my “style” is, but I’m excited to see what’s to come.
My friend Courtney @lipstick.coffee.decor is doing the same thing with her home. She’s incorporating boho into her farmhouse apartment. Seeing her make this change has helped me think about what my style is and what I want it to be. Thanks for the inspo Court 😘♥️
I’ve always loved Michelle’s @95designsandco and Emily’s @emilyeveryday styles but I didn’t think it was me. Maybe the whole style isn’t me, but part of it could be.
Create your own style in your home.
So, what’s your “style”? 💭💗
I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22! 🎊
Today’s my birthday! I’m so grateful for this Instagram community and what it has taught me! I’ve met so many amazing people! I can’t wait to see where another year takes me here!
It’s been quite some time since I made an intro post. Since you only see my face on stories I thought I would show the face behind the Instagram! (Plus I’ve always wanted to take one of these cool pictures 😂)
Here’s 22 facts about me:
1. This picture was really hard to take and the quality is horrible 🤣
2. Two of my favorite words are quite and nifty.
3. I’ve recently been very into yoga 🧘🏼♀️ I love doing headstands!
4. I’m a vegetarian (well technically a pescatarian. I still eat fish). This Fall it’ll be a year!
5. I love mashed potatoes (since we are talking about food)
6. I’m a huge planner person! I use physical planners and I have to write everything down or I won’t remember. I love my planners 💗
7. Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons.
8. I find organizing and cleaning therapeutic. Throw on some jams and you’re good to go!
9. I graduate from my university with my bachelors degree in Marketing in January 2019.
10. I’m definitely an introvert. But I’ve grown a lot in the last few years! This college has changed me from a follower to a leader (well, with the dreaded group projects that is).
11. I used to be a hardcore night owl but I’ve recently converted myself to a morning person. I’ve always liked mornings, but now I wake up earlier 💁🏼♀️
12. I love flowers! Hydrangeas are my favorite 💙💜
13. I’ve finally accepted that I’m stubborn. No more denying it Taurus. You’re stubborn 🐃
14. What coffee is to most people; tea is to me. I’m a huge tea drinker! If you ever need suggestions, I’m your girl 🙋🏼♀️
15. I’m a recycling freak. I will inspect to find the symbol to know if it’s recyclable or not.
16. To go off that a little, I’m also an expiration date freak. (For the most part), if it’s expired I’m afraid to eat it.
17. I should add that I’m very weird. But that’s probably not a new fact for y’all 🤣
(I ramble too much, I know shocking 🤦🏼♀️ 18-22 are in the comments!)⬇️