~ End of an era ~ Well... that's it. The best 2.5 years of our lives done and dusted. Emotional writing this. On my birthday in 2015, Hutch turned to me and said 'ok bub, I'll come with you'. 3 years later and we are going home as better versions of ourselves. London has made us resilient, stronger and more determined and traveling for 6 months in the smallest of confined spaces you'll ever get has made us stronger as a couple. Yes there were times we wanted to rip each other's hair out, but we have created the most amazing memories that we'll treasure forever. We are excited to call Sydney our home for a while and even more excited to live together for the first time in the same city, let alone the same country. Our travel bug hasn't finished, it's only just begun... (Oh and yes we sold Kevin - in fact he had so much interest a young couple bought him before viewing him, #hessoopopular ) #dreambig #hushadventures
~ Interlaken ~ So we haven't posted anything for a few days.. we have been trying to soak up every second of our final week of #vanlife . We won't delve you into our sadness just yet. We've still got 1 more week of embracing our past times in London before reality kicks in. So in the meantime, enjoy some snaps of our final days of Europe. Interlaken was so beautiful and such a great base for exploring the area, with day trips to Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald. We were lucky enough to camp right on Lake Thun. Too much chocolate, many swiss knives purchased and it was a successful end to Switzerland 🇨🇭 #swissknife #interlaken #switzerland
~ Lauterbrunnen ~ The last couple of weeks spent on the alps has been breathtaking and what better way is there to spend your final few weeks in Europe? Yep, the European Hush Adventure is almost through. Hutch visiting Lauterbrunnen 5 years ago and instantly became his favourite place in Europe and this time he got to share it not only with me, but his entire family. #Lauterbrunnen #Wengen #alps
• Hanging out in glacier country • Another chilly one up in the Alps today but never dampens our adventuring spirits. A cloudy #grindelwald always brings a bit of mystic to the area so great occasion for some exploring 😊 🇨🇭✌️
• Crystal clear • We've swum in some pretty spectacular lakes on this trip and this def it up there as the best! The beautiful #EibseeLake in #Germany is right on the border with Austria #hushadventures
• Finding peace in the strangest places • Walking down the tunnel in the same footsteps of evil. #HitlersEaglesNest gave us an eerie feeling knowing so much plotting was done here. It also gave us a weird feeling of peace being on top of the mountain looking out at breathtaking views #germany #berchtesgadennationalpark
• Best buds • I could post Norway photos for endless days we took that many! Another snap from one of the many hikes and waterfalls we stumbled across. And seeing them all with my best friend in the world #Norway
~ Not for the faint hearted ~ We topped off our Norway trip with a hike up to Kjeragbolten (the famous boulder between 2 cliffs). We knew this hike was marked as challenging but we definitely didn't expect to be climbing up and down cliff faces to get there. 6 hours and we made it! Let's just say we've been doing a lot of stretching ever since 😰 This photo shows the relief of reaching the top (of the first of 3 mountains 😑) #kjeragbolten #norway
• Camping with a view? • We've been so truly lucky to stay at some beautiful locations in Norway but I think this one topped the cake. Waking up to a glacier and waterfall on our doorstep was something we'll never forget. And either will the hike up to the glacier, which was truly magical #Norway #Bergsetbreen #JostedalsbreenNationalPark
• Norway and all its Glory • This has been the country we have been most excited to visit on this trip and boy it's blown our minds. Every corner of every fjord is breathtaking and #Kevinthecamper hasn't missed a beat. Each night we pull up at a new waterfront spot and breath in the fresh air and idyllic landscapes that surround us, each in their own unique identity #Norway
• Driving in Heaven • Of all the roads we've been on this would be the best. What more can we say. It. Was. Stunning. (Also note #kevinthecamper in bottom right corner enjoyed it immensely) #hushadventures #dronephotography #norway #AtlanticOceanRoad
• Sweden with Friends • We love to travel, explore and try new things. What makes it extra special is sharing it with those we love. We're thrilled to have our beautiful amigos we met in Costa Rica join us for the Sweden/Norway leg of our epic trip in #kevinthecamper making this experience even more awesome! Thanks to our extremely talented photographer @tysha_kev_spencer for capturing this gem of our first night all together at #campviking . #hushadventures
• Heading North to the Nordics • Capping off our last day in Estonia with a trip to Tallinn's old town. Such a stunning and friendly little place. We ate well and drank well here. It's also a good city for driving around in much to #kevinthecamper 's relief. Our ferry is booked for Helsinki tomorrow and it's also someone's birthday week this week, so much to look forward too.
• Our favourite time of the day • Estonian sunsets on the beach have been an absolute highlight this week. Wild camping here has also been a nice surprise with so many quiet spots along the Baltic coast. We'll be taking #kevinthecamper across the waters to Finland next. Happy days!
~ Amongst the trees ~ Wild camping is one of my favourite parts of this trip and our best camping spots have been for free. We crossed into Estonia, found a magical spot, pitched the hammock and we haven't moved in a few days #thisisliving #wildcamping #estonia