Cheers to the weekend with my favourite Gin & Tonic 🥂🕺🏻 This time I added a little savoury twist by adding @schwartz.uk black pepper to the mix and served it with lime and sprigs of fresh rosemary! Have you noticed their jars have been redesigned? You can easily fit a teaspoon in and the new freshness seals are making spices last longer! 🙌This is my last recipe in collaboration with Schwartz, showing you 4 different ways of using black pepper in your cooking, hope you liked them as much as I love adding pepper to everything 😆😊 #Schwartz AD
This two ingredient puff pastry tart with plums made special with @schwartz.uk black pepper, honey and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream 🍦
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, bake it as round tart or cut to 6 squares
4 big juicy plums, pitted, cut into thin slices
2tbsp brown sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon honey
Maldon salt flakes
Vanilla ice cream for serving
Preheat oven to 200°c. Cut pastry into six squares or create a round tart base like I did here, place on a baking paper, and prick all over with a fork. Top with plums and sprinkle with sugar and a pinch of pepper. Bake until edges of pastry are puffed and golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Serve while still warm, drizzle with honey, sprinkle with salt flakes just before serving it with vanilla ice cream or clotted cream! #Schwartz#ad
What I would do for a delivery of this chilli & feta scrambled from Friends Of Ours right now 🤤💆🏻♀️ Topped with salmon, drizzled with salsa verde and sprinkled with pumpkin seeds, definitely my new favourite brunch dish 🙌 #HungryAnjaEats
Somebody simply can’t wait to start eating real food 😆🍝🍣🥨🍳🥞
We tried Japanese Soufflé Pancakes at @thefriendsofours yesterday morning, they were good, not exactly soufflé airy texture I have to say, but still good. Chilli feta scrambled on the other hand was absolutely delicious and we are definitely coming back for more 😋 Happy Monday everyone, we can do this 😅💪 #HungryAnjaEats
Long strolls around autumnal Canonbury with our little girl, lunch at a great little restaurant find @jolene_hackney, Ema smiling at the waiters and us feeling so proud of her for being so social and excited with the world around her, buying Swiss cheese and wine in little wine shop on our way home, getting langoustines and mussels from our fishmonger for that epic fish soup I’m planning to cook tomorrow...a collection of today’s moments that makes me so happy & in love with the life we have created in this beautiful city we call home❤️ @bozenzivaljic 👨👩👧 #HungryAnjaLondon#NovemberInLondon
Fridge clean out breakfast turned out pretty good this morning 🍳 Old sourdough toasted and smothered with hummus, last 2 eggs, 4 mushrooms left from that stir fry I made the other evening, one avo half forgotten in the fridge...nothing goes to waste in this house🙅🏻♀️ Happy Friday everyone 🎈 #HungryAnjaCooks
🎃 Recipe for the best PUMPKIN & CARROT soup is here! Simply save this post to your recipes! 🎃 Really hope you’ll love it as much as I do! Here we go, feeds 2 hungry people or 4 as an appetiser:
1/2 butternut squash (approx 500g)
2 bigger carrots (chopped to 1cm pieces)
1 shallot (or yellow onion)
1 garlic clove
1/2 vegetable stock cube (love using Kallo organic)
Handful fresh sage
50g Young goats cheese
Handful Pumpkin seeds (toasted!)
Salt and pepper
1. First, you need to roast that pumpkin, I used butternut squash. So if you’re also using the whole one, slice it in half and cover with tin foil, bake for 30-40 min in the oven at 200oC. You can use it all for the soup or use half of it to bake a cake, make gnocchi etc. If you don’t have time for roasting, simply slice the raw pumpkin into smaller cubes ready for cooking with the rest of the ingredients.
2. Heat the olive oil (3-4 tablespoons in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in roughly chopped shallot, garlic, carrots and pumpkin (either raw or roasted flesh), followed by 5-6 sage leaves. Sauté for 10 mins or until the vegetables begin to soften, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the stock (combine that stock cube with hot water to dissolve) and simmer for 10-15 mins, or until the veggies are cooked through, make sure that water covers the veggies.
4. Turn off heat. Allow the vegetables to cool slightly, remove sage leaves. Transfer to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth, adding more water, until reaching desired consistency, return back to the same pan so you can heat it if needed.
5. Serve hot with toasted pumpkin seeds (toast them in a non-stick pan on a medium heat for 2-3min with a pinch of salt) , goats cheese and crispy sage leaves (shallow fry them on a medium heat for 2min, take them out on a kitchen towel to remove that excess oil) 💪😋 Let me know what you think! 😘 #HungryAnjaCooks
It’s #WorldPastaDay people!! 🍝🍝🍝Celebrating my favourite day of the year with Cacio e Pepe linguini 😎 This is my second recipe in collaboration with @schwartz.uk, showing you different ways of using black pepper in cooking. I simply had to go with Cacio e Pepe as this is one of my all time favourite pasta sauces and using freshly ground black pepper is essential to make this pasta taste authentic! How are you celebrating #WorldPastaDay ? Hope that pasta is on your menu too 🙊 AD #HungryAnjaCooks#Schwartz
That squishy little face 💕💕💕 ............
But let’s talk about our rose sheepskin snuggler from @binibamba perfect for long Autumn walks 🍂 not sure who loves it more, Ema or myself? 😆 Did you know that sheepskin helps regulate a baby’s body temperature? so you don’t have to worry all the time if they are too hot or cold! Fun fact for all mums out there, plus it looks so stylish 💁🏻♀️ #HungryBabyEma#BiniBabe
Going to Pophams is like taking a little trip to Paris every time 🚂🥐☕️ This is their new weekend special: Hazelnut Praline 🙌 making my Monday morning better even if I’m just looking at it on my screen 😆🥐 #HungryAnjaEats