HOW DO I AVOID OVERSPENDING FOR CHRISTMAS GIFTS/VACATION?
Christmas shopping and gift giving are activities we look forward to every year. Although, we mostly get out of control in terms of spending during that time of the year.
Start saving and preparing for your big purchases ahead of time. One of the most anticipated big purchase is Christmas Shopping or Christmas Family Vacation. As early as now, prepare yourself for this Christmas through these ideas (these are also applicable for any future big purchases):
1. Set up a Christmas Budget
2. Set aside money every month
3. Find ways to earn extra money
4. Brainstorm and be creative
5. Look for good deals ahead of time
Bermonths just started! Let's take control of our expenses this time. But also remember that Christmas is one of the best times of create memories with family that will last a lifetime.
MENTOR #5 : Tony Robbins(born February 29, 1960) "Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers." - Tony Robbins *****WHO IS HE?
Tony Robbins is an author, entrepreneur, life coach, philanthropist, and a motivational speaker. At 17 yrs. old he was a "broke janitor" who was abused by his mother, but he built himself into the extraordinary man he is today. He started his Personal Development career as a promoter of Jim Rohn's (an author and motivational speaker) motivational seminars. He got inspired and sought for mentorship in motivation and self-help.
He is known for being a "peak performance coach". He helps thousands of people turn their life around every single year through different platformas and mediums. He empowers people to get out of the "victim mindset" and urge them to recreate themselves because that is what he did with his life. Tony Robbins had a tough childhood because of his abusive mother, but he used those traumatic childhood experiences as motivation to end suffering for others. *****NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS
- He coached high profile and famous people including Princess Diana, Bill Clinton, Mother Theresa, Serena Williams, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hugh Jackman, Larry King, Mike Tyson, and Anthony Hopkins. - He wrote the books "Unlimited Power" and "Awaken the Giant Within", which are all highlighting motivation, energy, passion, and never giving up. - He established Robbins Research International, a life-coaching empire that includes a massive book business (15 million volumes sold globally), an audio business (50 million programs sold), a life-coach certification business, and seminars for which attendees pay as much as $8,000 to be in the same room with the man himself. - He conducts his 7-day seminar "Date with Destiny" annually around the world. This seminar helps thousands of people achieve breakthroughs that trigger huge changes in their lives.
We all strive to secure our future by being in good health and condition. We achieve it by maintaining a balanced diet and by exercising regularly. Being consistent with these good habits requires long-term thinking, persistence and discipline.
Through proper diet and exercise we may achieve security physically. But, there are other aspects we must take into consideration in terms of securing our future. One important factor is our financial security when it comes to medical emergencies.
The Top 5 Leading Deadliest Sicknesses in the Philippines are Heart Diseases, Hypertension, Stroke, Influenza and Pneumonia, and Breast Cancer. These sicknesses cost from 500,000 Php to 2,000,000 Php. (Department of Health, Philippine National Health Account)
We mostly avoid talking about critical illness preparation, because it is difficult to face. But not thinking or talking about it, won't make you immune to it. Become prepared in case critical illness strikes, by having HMO and Life Insurance. Having your own health and life insurance will protect you, your family, your family's lifestyle, and your assets from financial emergencies.
Start protecting you and your family, while you are healthy. Money doesn't by life insurance, good health does.
Let us increase the percentage of Filipinos who are financially prepared for medical emergencies/critical illnesses!
Adversities, struggles, hardships, challenges... whatever you make call it, they make us who we are. We must be thankful for situations and people that give us a hard time, because they build our character. Embrace the struggle, and know that you are coming out of it stronger and better. Just make sure to integrate all the learnings, and generate positive takeaways from those experiences. "Iron, when heated and pounded, becomes a fine sword. Likewise, our true strength and potential cannot be forged without hardships." - Ikeda
For this week, our theme is ----- Courage.
Definition from Merriam-Webster: "strength of mind to carry on in spite of danger"
Most people are feel trap in their situation, they don't move because of their fear of failure or fear of uncertainty. Most people are afraid of being who they truly are, because they fear being judged and fear being rejected.
We all have these fears that prevent us from living the life we want. This week let's start to let go of that and live the life we've always wanted.
Grow with us, Follow Financial Passionates!
Join our community, Financial Passionates Community!
Fact # 3: Inflation in the Philippines this year keeps on getting higher
Important things to consider regarding Inflation:
1. When planning for you future, you must take into consideration the projected inflation. Every year, the cost of living gets higher and higher, so you must strive to improve your income or add new means of income.
2. Inflation is also the reason why you shouldn't allow your money to lay stagnant. The interest rates in most bank savings account is only averaging around 0.75%. Since our inflation rate now is 6.7%, our money loses its value.
To put it simply, if you have 100 Php in your bank, and a cup of coffee is being sold for 100 Php this year, when you apply inflation and interest rates for next year --- Your money in the bank will have 100.75 Php and the price of the cup of coffee is already 106.70 Php. You can not afford that cup of coffee anymore.
Make sure that you find ways to make your money work for you. Set up streams of passive income. There a lot of ways to make money work.
3. Your emergency fund should not be stagnant as well, put it in high yield savings account/money market account/certificates of deposit (CDs). That way it can be accessible, and it also give out interest rates. Although for CDs there are penalties for withdrawing.
Let us know if you have suggestions and ideas that the rest of the community might benefit from!
We offer free financial consultations if you want to start building your financial portfolio. Book an appointment with us!
3,080 organic followers of Financial Passionates. 28 days of daily content! We are thankful for your support and appreciation! Will keep the content coming!
Please join our group: Financial Passionates Community
We are a community of passionate people that learn and share personal development and personal finance information and ideas daily. Our goal is to build a community that support each other's businesses and personal growth.
We encourage everyone to share and learn with us daily! Thank you!
MENTOR # 3 : Earl Nightingale (March 12, 1921 – March 25, 1989) “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” - Earl Nightingale *****WHO IS HE?
One of the greatest modern philosophers, motivational speakers, and personal development coach in his time. He was considered to be the "Dean of Personal Development". He served in the military as a Marine, and he did volunteer work as a radio announcer.
He has a strong hunger for knowledge and learning, and his biggest questions were regarding the difference of rich and poor, happy and downcast, and the overall rationale of people's actions. His discoveries made him one of the world's experts on Success and Motivation. *****NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS
- Authored the book "The Strangest Secret" which was hailed by commendable people as one of the great motivational books of all time
- One of the twelve survivors of the USS Arizona when Pearl Harbor was attacked
- Found the secret of success through reading Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich - he then produced further spoken words records and audio book titles for Think and Grow Rich.
- He together with Lloyd Conant pioneered the Personal Development Industry. - Gain an award from 'Toast Masters International;' and they then inducted him into the 'National Speakers and Associations speakers Hall of Fame.'
- He also become induced into 'The Association of National Broadcasters and National Radio's Hall of Fame.'
- He written another book, 'Earl Nightingale's Greatest Discoveries,' and had received the 'Napoleon Hills Gold Medal for Literacy Excellence' *****WHY HIGHLIGHT HIM?
Earl Nightingale teaches us that, "you become what you think about". You just need to consistently work for it everyday. He also emphasized that we should exercise our mind at least one hour a day by goal setting and idea generation. Build a habit of exercising the mind, because consistently generating ideas and integrating what we've experience will allow us to explore limitless possibilities in our lives.
For this week, our theme is ----- Consistency.
Definition from Thesaurus: "steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc." Most of us struggle with consistency. It is easy to stray away from our goals. It is easy to just procrastinate or choose a different course. But Consistency is what makes us who we are. The habits we do consistently made us who we are. The things we consistently shape our body, mind, health, values, principles and relationships. So we must be mindful that consistency in any action, mindset, behavior, and work builds us. We have total control on how we build ourselves. Consistency is our strongest tool!
By the end of the week, I hope this concept has been engraved in our mind, heart and soul.
Grow with us, facebook.com/financialpassionatesph