Coco Chanel once said “A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life." and you know what? She was absolutely right! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀Some of you might know that 3 years ago I went through very hard time. But only for the past months, I started to feel like I have restored and gained back some of my mental power to come back and start self-develop again. I finally started to feel the willingness to read, learn and do something more meaningful with my life.
⠀⠀⠀⠀ Do I feel like I wasted 3 years for nothing? Never! Because everyone has their own time to restore. Maybe if I asked for the help, let’s say from phycologist, I would have needed less time but honestly speaking I was embarrassed to say that I am not ok. Why? Because asking for help in most families considered a weakness and just nonsense. Most of the time I heard something like: “everything is in the past, smile and be happy”, “stop lazing around”, “just forget about it and start doing something”, “why you are not smiling, everything is ok now, right?” etc. And it all sounds like good pieces of advice now but at that time I just wanted to be heard and accepted with my passive reaction to everything, because frankly… I just had no energy. Each time I heard something like that I went even deeper into myself because ”I am strong and I can deal with it by myself”… well... and I did but it took me 3 years…
⠀⠀⠀⠀ By the way, last time I did similar cut – after I moved to London and lived there for a while. Because I felt super enthusiastic about that city and had huge plans for it. But then life happened...⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀I am unbelievably happy where I am right now and that I feel this driving force again in my body! I am proud of myself that I managed to deal with all the panic attacks, anxieties, hard & painful decisions, depression, lack of willingness to do anything… and enormous thank you from the hear to everyone who listened and helped! ♥️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
There are few key points to better self-knowledge:
• Skills ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
You know WHAT to look for, but HOW do you learn about it? And WHERE can you find them?
While luck and genes play a part in learning who you are, you can also apply deliberate strategies to help you find your True Self. I know it is hard to remain true to yourself because we are constantly changing and because society’s values often conflict with your own. Being yourself sounds easier than it actually is! But there are a few signs to help you move. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀
When you’ve made a discovery about one of your key points, you’ll feel a sense of excitement. Acting on self-knowledge will give you energy and save you energy. You’ll feel freer and stronger because you no longer conform to how you “should” feel, think, or act. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It is hard work but I want to do it step by step for myself. And if any of you feels like it might help you in some way, be my guest. My DM is always opened for you ♥️
Do you know who you are and what your true #strength and #weaknesses are? 🤔 I have been trying to figure this out for a long time. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Maybe it’s obvious, but here, in a nutshell, are a few reasons why you might want to know your own nature:
• #happiness - You will be happier when you can express who you are. Expressing your desires will make it more likely that you get what you want.
• Less inner conflict - When your outside actions are in accordance with your inside feelings and values, you will experience less inner conflict.
• Better decision-making - When you know yourself, you are able to make better choices about everything, from small decisions like which sweater you’ll buy to big decisions like which partner you’ll spend your life with. You'll have guidelines you can apply to solve life’s varied problems.
• Self-control - When you know yourself, you understand what motivates you to resist bad habits and develop good ones. You'll have the insight to know which values and goals activate your willpower.
• Resistance to social pressure. - When you are grounded in your values and preferences, you are less likely to say “yes” when you want to say “no.”
• Tolerance and understanding of others - Your awareness of your own foibles and struggles can help you empathize with others.
• Vitality and pleasure - Being who you truly are helps you to feel more alive and makes your experience of life richer, larger, and more exciting. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Do you feel like something missing or you want to improve on something? Let's discuss ♥️
👡 ~> @osurbrand ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀