This weekend’s dinner: Steaming hot bacon jam drizzled over homemade sweet potato fries and blue cheese.
1) Dice four large onions
2) Dice 450g of bacon. Cook in pot at medium heat until crispy and fat is bubbling
3) Strain bacon fat into pan
4) Sauté onions, mixed with salt and two teaspoons of butter, until translucent
5) Add 1/4 cup of brown sugar, red wine vinegar, and thyme and cayenne pepper
6) Add crispy bacon and 1/2 cup of water and cook for 10-15 minutes until it forms a jam-like texture
7) Take off heat. Add balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
8) You know how to make fries! Once fries are piping hot, grate 200g Stilton blue cheese over them.
9) Pour bacon jam on it and voila, you have a heart attack.
It’s happening!!! In exactly one week we won’t only have our première, but our first 2 episodes will also be online! At exactly 20:30 the episodes will be available on NPO3.nl and Youtube! (Benelux only) 🌸🌈👏🏻 #anneplus