Griddled Pork Chops with Chorizo, Wild Garlic, Potatoes and Herb Dressing
FOR THE PORK CHOPS
4x 200g pork chops
1tbsp olive oil
FOR THE MARINADE
4tbsp tomato puree
2tbsp soy sauce
4tbsp red wine vinegar
FOR THE POTATOES
1tbsp olive oil
200g potatoes, peeled, par-boiled, sliced
200g chorizo, sliced
125g wild garlic
125g sweet baby peppers, halved
1 large pinch of smoked peppers
FOR THE HERB DRESSING
4tbsp finely chopped basil
2tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
3tbsp finely chopped mint
1tbsp roughly chopped capers
1tsp Dijon mustard
4 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
200ml extra virgin olive oil
1 punnet of basil cress, to garnish
1) Preheat the oven to 200c
2) Heat a griddle pan until hot. Rub the olive oil thr pork chops, season with salt and black pepper, Place on the griddle and cook for 1 minute on each side.
3) Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the marinade into a bowl and whisk to combine.
4) Spoon over the pork chops and place in the ovem for 5 minutes.
5) Add the potatoes and fry for 2 minutes, them add the chorizo and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6) Add the wild garlic, peppers and paprika and cook for 1 minute.
7) Thoroughly combine all the herb dressing ingredients except for the basil crest into a bowl.
8) To serve, Spoon the potatoes and chorizo onto a plate, place the pork chop on top and spoon the dressing around, finish with a scattered leaves of the basil cress.
Dig in to the best Veggie Pizza you'll find. It's filled with Al’s tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, tri-color peppers, red onions, black olives, artichoke hearts, roasted garlic, and fresh Roma tomatoes.
This is where my ‘mostly plant-based cooking’ ceases, when the rare occasion to eat eggs arises. Organic, free range eggs gently scrambled and folded with wild garlic from the garden. Topped with dulse seaweed, aka ‘vegan bacon’