Furmint is an indigenous white grape varietal from Hungary, which produces both dry white wines and sweet wines. Mainly from the Tokaj region, dry white wines can have a strong mineral character, like in this case, a 2016 Disznókó, 100% Furmint, with notes of beeswax, grapefruit, dried herbs, with a medium finish that lingers bitter in the palate. Ideal for creamy dishes, I enjoyed it with a chicken pot pie (worked wonders!). #wine#whitewine#tokaj#hungarywine#furmint#winelover#winepairing#winelover#wineandfood
Only a few days after angry #stormali and it has been a beautiful crisp autumnal weekend. As always I ate too much but for once I didn’t drink much and exercised!! So I’m rewarding myself with a glass of the good stuff in front of the fire ready for the final of the bodyguard! Excited!!! Happy Sunday all ❤️
First harvest of Solaris done and taken to the winery to be transformed into our award winning 100% Solaris wine. Thank you to everyone who helped, we couldn’t have done it without you. Next week we will be harvesting the Rondo & Pinot Noir for our #signaturewinesofwales 📸by @rocksaltphoto
I’m a Jura explora...😬... 2015 Valentin Morel Les Pieds Sur Terre “Les Trouilliots” #Trousseau back at @lurefishbar with my wonderful wifey. If you’re in New York, go to Lure; just trust me, there is no better Tempura Prawn (Rock Shrimp, you fellow savage). As an earthy, light-bodied red wine fan, I am really enjoying discovering Jura wines. My only issue with this one was the alcohol content - 14%, which is too high for us and we could taste it (maybe a hot year in Jura?!?). Not surprised to learn that this producer is biodynamic and this wine has minimal added SO2, because that’s how we roll nowadays.
Biodynamic. 35+ year old vines planted on the Triassic marl soil of Trouillots. Manual harvest, Destemmed but kept whole berry with 12 day maceration (no punchdowns) under a blanket of CO2 to avoid using sulfur. Spontaneous semi carbonic fermentation and malolactic in stainless steel then racked onto fine lees and aged in stainless steel tanks. Unfiltered. SO2: 1 g /hl at bottling.
I had the chance to taste the wines of Chateau pesquié with the company of Frédéric Chaudière, now in charge of the estate with his brother Alexandre. Their grandparents had acquired this estate back in 1971, 2 years before the official Ventoux appellation was consacré. This proves the faith they had both in the possibilities ahead but also in the region’s potential. At first the AOC was called Côtes du Ventoux, but in a plan to differentiate from côtes du Rhône, the appellation was changed to simply Ventoux. Until the 1990s, the estate was a coop, as most of the others in the region too. This changed and Château Pesquié became one of the 5 first independent estates in Ventoux. Nowadays, Coops are still strong but producers tend to take control of their production more and more.
Another logical change happened this year. The whole estate was turned to Biodynamic. It was already 100% organic which is quite easily done in southern Rhône thanks to favorable conditions, but this is a step further. It should be recognized and made official by Demeter by 2019/2020.
SUSHI WITH MINCED BEEF. In modern Japanese cooking minced meat is often cooked in order to eat rice with it. For example, you'll find lunch boxes with minced meat on rice in Japanese kiosks. I cannot remember any more whether I saw sushi with minced meat in Japan, but I simply made it🍣✨ Recipe for 2 sushi rolls:
1. Make sushi rice: Soak 180g rice (round grained rice like risotto rice) in water for over 30 minutes. Drain and boil with 220ml water with the lid on at high heat and when the water boils, lower the heat. When the water is gone, turn the heat off. Stir the rice carefully and wait 10 minutes with the lid on.
2. While the rice is boiling, make sushi vinegar: Measure 24g vinegar and mix with 12g sugar and 5g salt. Warm this a little in order to dissolve the salt and sugar.
3. Put the rice on a wide dish and pour the mix of vinegar on the rice and stir quickly and carefully in order not to crush grains of rice. Cool the rice.
4. While cooling rice, prepare other ingredients: Fry 100g minced beef well without oil. Put the beef, 2 table spoons of soy sauce, 2 table spoons of rice wine, 2 table spoons of sugar and a few slices of ginger into a pot. Boil until the water goes away. Cool. Cut 1 carrot in long stripes and clean 10 pieces of green beans. Boil the vegetables until soft. Cool in cold water.
5. After cooling the rice, roll sushi with seaweed. Put a seaweed on a sushi mat. Spread the rice thinly on a seaweed sheet, leaving about 1 inch at the end of seaweed. Put the beef and the vegetables in the middle of the rice in a line. Roll it from the other end of the seaweed with the sushi mat, pushing the rice a little.
6. Cut the role of sushi and serve with white wine like Italian Pinot Grigio or fino sherry.