Tomatillo Salsa. I just might marry my Ninja blender! This spicy tomatillo salsa with blue corn tortilla chips makes a great afternoon snack. This salsa is the easiest.thing.ever. If you can boil water and use a blender, you’ve got salsa! Tastes great on everything-tofu scramble, tacos, burritos, beans. So yummy! Learn how to make this fresh, green salsa at heartfeltherbivore.com (link in bio). #whatveganscook#veganfoodporn#vegan#whatveganseats#veganrecipes#plantbased#govegan#veganfood @vegancommunity @veganapproval @veganfoodspot #veganshare
🍛Meatless Monday Recipe🍛
One of our favorite dishes to make in large quantities is chana masala. This recipe is not ours and purely an inspiration and recreation of what our moms have made for us through the years. 🔸Ingredients🔸(serves 4-6 people for a meal) •2 cans of white or black chickpeas; soaked in Indian black tea water or 2 cups of cooked chickpeas (you can cook this with tea bags in a pressure cooker).
•1 medium sized onion, finely chopped. If the onions are small 2. •1 small green chilli or half a seranno chilli, slit lengthwise
•An inch of ginger, finely chopped
•3 teaspoons of finely chopped garlic (you can replace this with a tablespoon of ginger garlic paste too)
•1 tsp of cumin seeds; optional
•2 large beaf steak tomatoes, finely chopped
🔲Spices Required- 1 tsp each🔲
•A small stick of cinnamon
• 1 bay leaf •Tumeric •Red chili powder
•Dry mango powder
•2 tsp pomegranate powder
• Garam masala
•Required salt 💡Method:
1. Wash, rinse, and soak the canned chickpeas in tea water (boil water with 2-3 tablespoon of Indian tea leaves and strain it with a fine mesh sieve and use this water to soak). Do this before you start chopping the vegetables since it’ll give it a good amount of time for the chana to absorb the flavors.
2. In a pan heat a tablespoon of oil and add the cumin seeds. Add the cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Once they fry, add onions and fry them till then start caramelizing a little. Now, add the ginger, garlic, and green chilli and give it a quick stir. Once they fry, add the tomatoes and all the spices and required salt and mix it well. If it’s too dry, add 1/4-1/2 cup Water, cover the pan and let it cook for 10-12 mins in medium heat while ensuring that it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Mash the tomatoes into a rough purée using a thick ladle.
3. Remove the chickpeas from the tea water and add it to the tomatoes-onion gravy, add 1/4th cup of the tea water and cover it and cook for another 10 mins. To thicken this, you can even crush some chickpeas and add. Adjust the consistency according to your liking.
4. Garnish with cilantro, some freshly chopped red onions, and a dash of lime.
Here’s one out of the 100 ‘actually very yummy‘ dishes we had the privilege to try at @slcvegfest2018 🌱
Here’s ‘The Tuscan’ panini from #Vpanini and it had Swiss or provolone ‘cheeze’, ‘sausage’, lettuce, tomato, vegan mayo, & sweet pickles! So simple yet very flavorful! @utahanimalrights
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.”
Isaiah 40:29 NIV
Rocky roads of Cacao Nibs Mountains of Cacao Paste ❤🔥😍 This is chocolate in some of it's purest forms.
It Organic It's Bitter Its Dark Its a Superfood and pronounced Ca-cow! Its a natural aphrodisiac, has mood enhancing properties so makes for a natural antidepressant. The butter has amazing benefits for your skin and So much more!.... So If you didn't know, now you know 😄😘😜 #chocolate#purechocolate#whatveganseats
Last night I went to The Olive Grove in Cambridge as part of a party to celebrate my daughters 30th birthday. Thank you to the restaurant staff for providing me with a 3 course vegan menu! The main course of stuffed peppers is shown here - delicious! It was £20 for 3 vegan courses and a lovely place for a meal. 3 of the party were also vegetarians so a good place for a friends and family celebration. Thank you! 😀 #vegan#birthday#celebrations 🎉 #Cambridge#friends#family#vegan options #whatveganseats