Never a bad time to bust an L-Sit 😂
Since being away, I have noticed how easy it could be to skip the gym, enjoy treat food and lose view of aims.
Not to say I haven't done some of the above over the past month but one thing I have learned over the years is to stay consistent. For me, the best way to do this is to cement healthy habits that you can easily put into any routine.
Here are just a few of mine:
- Mostly Wholefoods- I may enjoy some different foods and junk from time to time but my diet is predominantly wholefood based. This means real food, not processed shit. I love fruits, veggies, spices, nuts, seeds, legumes and grains. Some of my favourite meals are curries with quinoa that have dehydrated jackfruit and a LOT of spice 🌶
Smoothies- incorporating vital minerals and vitamins such as iron, omega 3s & 6, DHA, fibre and chlorphyll (to name just a few) is easily done with a nutrient dense smoothie at least once a day.
- Sleep- we mention this often. Read @shawnmodel Sleep Smarter. You will see how much of a foundation to health quality sleep is.
- Do not dwell- putting good foods into your body is great but mindset is just as important. If I eat something I wouldn't usually, don't make it to the gym or don't meet a goal. I keep moving. I used to stop and allow a bad day to become a bad week. Not anymore!
I implement lots more and I am always trying to improve but I thought these tips could be helpful. Let us know if you guys have any?
Die Kritik an Monsanto ist viel zu pauschal, meint Andreas Resch. So funktioniert eben Wirtschaft. Oder? 🌱💣
Hintergrund: Dewayne Johnson, ein ehemaliger Schulgärtner, bekam gestern Nacht 79 Millionen Dollar Entschädigung von Monsanto zugesprochen. Johnson war (wahrscheinlich) durch den Umgang mit dem Unkrautvernichtungsmittel Glyphosat an Krebs erkrankt. 🗯🗯🗯Unsere Autoren stritten schon vor einiger Zeit, ob Monsantos Ruf zu Recht so mies ist: Sind die Praktiken des Konzerns gemeingefährlicher Blödsinn? Oder liegt eher ein Versagen der Behörden vor? 🔖Link im Profil 🔖
✂ Renke Brandt
Here’s a fun fact, when it comes to fruit, kiwi is a weight loss superfood that’s high in fibre and vitamins C and K, whilst also being low in calories and energy density, making it a nutritious fruit choice for people looking to shed some extra pounds #odysseylean
"Even for those not on a plant based diet, if you’re looking for an injection of easy and convenient healthy yumminess into your foodie routine or are even just looking to try a meal prep service at all, I’d definitely recommend giving Soulara a try." @bigbadbinge #livesoulara
Die Medien werden nicht die Wahrheit ausstrahlen (ein Teil wird immer verschwiegen) wir wissen doch alle, dass es ums Geld geht! Die heutige Zeit ist wie die damalige, NUR moderner. Könige badeten in Geld (Steuergelder der Bauern) sie ließen dem Bauern glauben, das Geld würde gerecht verteilt werden, es würde für gute Zwecke eingesetzt. Selbst lebten sie in Palästen 🤔 heute sind es die Politiker und wir Bürger - sie verwalten unsere enormen Steuergelder und wir haben absolut keinen Einfluss darauf was damit geschieht. Politiker wohnen in Villen oder Eigentumswohnungen oft sogar bewacht und abgeschottet vom Otto Normalverbraucher. Also frage dich selbst, ob du wirklich das glauben möchtest, was Dir Menschen erzählen, die es auf dein Geld abgesehen haben. Oder recherchier selbst nach, lese Bücher von unabhängigen Wissenschaftlern. Magst du nicht lesen, dann guck „
#whatthehealth#foodchoices#cowspiracy “ du willst ganz im Ernst GESUND sein und bleiben, dann schau dir die ernste / echte WAHRHEIT an ♥️ #govegan#thetruth#reality#itstrue#nichtsalsdiewahrheit#seidirselbstbewusst#seidirtreu#vertrauedirselbst#zusammenhang#verstehen#wissenteilen#saveearth#savetheplanet#nachhaltigkeit#gesundheit
PB & J is now a thing of the past! Replace that highly processed jam spread with some freshly sliced banana.
Carbs (including fiber) ✅
Healthy fats ✅
What a great way to start your day!
When a good friend sends you texts like this, you know she’s a keeper 🤓. At first it can be a little daunting going #vegan but when you keep the animals in focus, you’re on to a winner. Try it for yourself vegan22.com 😘
To most this probably looks like a big ole bowl of some kind of orange and brown soup but I will have you know that it is Pumpkin Spice Sauce 🎃🍁
A creation that Stephen and I created specifically for the season and my love for PSL’S. It is true call me “basic” or whatever people call it nowadays but when fall rolls around it brings me joy to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte, chai tea, coffee etc. in my hand!
This year however I will not be purchasing the cups of sugar that they sell in cafes and instead will be enjoying them from the comfort of my home and so can you! We have not only created a healthy pumpkin sauce that you can add to your lattes but you can also use it for muffins, bread, smoothies, ic cream or whatever your heart desires!
With only 4 ingredients and Maple Syrup as the sweetener this will not only spice up your fall recipes but it will also benefit your body with every spoonful! .
Pumpkin is not only high in antioxidants but it’s particularly high in Vitamin A and has immune boosting properties! Paired with maple syrup hitch helps aid digestion, fight inflammation and protect against cancer you got yourself a powerhouse ingredient to add to all of your treats this season 😍❤️
Check out the recipe through the link in my bio! Once you open the link head over to the recipes page under desserts and enjoy 🍁
This is an old post from June 2015, after going vegetarian the month prior, and I thought I was too weak to go vegan. Things like this really put into perspective what making the connection with animals really means. In May 2015, I was in bed and couldn’t sleep. I decided to watch an undercover investigation of a slaughter house. I was MORTIFIED and I haven’t touched meat since. Although the visual of meat was instantly so clear, it took me a few months and tries to make the full connection with dairy and everyday household and beauty products. I’ve watched every documentary and read every article about how animal agriculture is not only the CRUELEST industry, but also the worst for our health and planet. I was once the person who loved dogs but ate chicken wings because it was “culturally acceptable.” If I could make the connection, so could you. Too many of us close our eyes and refuse to watch the videos of innocent, TERRIFIED animals being brutally murdered for our dinner plates, clothing, and products. If you can’t slit a cows throat to get your “steak” then you shouldn’t be paying someone else to. It’s as simple as that. If you are concerned for our planet, you shouldn’t be supporting the most detrimental thing for it. If you’re concerned for sea life ingesting plastic, you shouldn’t be eating those same sea life creatures. The number one way to save our planet, end cruelty, and stop being a selfish asshole is to go vegan. Stop using your cultural ways as an excuse, educate yourself, and make the connection. I challenge you to start with meatless Mondays and go from there. #vegan#forksoverknives#veganism#crueltyfree#plantbased#cowspiracy#whatthehealth#earthlings#meatlessmonday
The Afro Beets Soul Garden is currently under construction. New knowledge brings some new insights🧠
However, I am working on some recipes featuring chickpeas I was shocked to learn how often they are used in North African culture. I mean I shouldn't be too suprised, chickpeas are a great source of protien and iron. But did you know that chickpeas are also used as a coffee substitute ?🤔☕
If your curious on how it's done make sure you subscribe to the Afro Beets mailing list. Links in the bio🔗
The easiest dessert I’ve ever made! Chocolate peanut butter bars with only 4 ingredients. If you have a nut allergy, I’m sure you can easily sub it out with wow butter or another nut-free butter alternative - same for the coconut 😊 Recipe:
Peanut Butter Layer
* 1 cup natural, unsalted peanut butter
* ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
* ½ cup coconut flour
* 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
* ½ cup unsalted, natural peanut butter
1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment or wax paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan. Set aside at room temperature.
2. Make the peanut butter layer: In a medium bowl, add Peanut Butter Layer ingredients: 1 cup peanut butter, ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and ½ cup coconut flour. Whisk until thickened and difficult to stir. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until well-incorporated.
3. Transfer this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
4. Make the chocolate topping: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl: 1 cup chocolate chips and ½ cup peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
6. Transfer pan to freezer. Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or until hardened. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 squares. Enjoy!
7. Store in fridge or freezer for 1-2 weeks.
Olha essa lindeza passando pela sua timeline! Perfeita pra acompanhar um pãozinho, petiscos, saladas e muito mais, maionese de couve flor 💚💚💚! Quem quer aprender a fazer?🙌 Logo logo essa e outras receitas nossas vão estar disponíveis no livro de receitas da nutri @carlacottanutricao. Fiquem de olho por aqui para saber mais sobre o lançamento 😊
I’ve always been a HUGE snacker. 😋 Over the years, I’ve made it a goal to reject snacks, foods, ideas, constructs, and anything else that do not serve me. Industries that supply Doritos, Cheetos, Fritos, Honey Buns, Fruit Rollups, Caprisun, Cereals, etc are gaining billions in revenue while we just gain •sickness•
We’ve made it a norm to even feed our children these “snacks” with toxic ingredients that we have not taken the time to educate ourselves about. Let’s break that cycle. Get chu’ a healthy snack with vitamins and minerals. 😛✨✨✨