The very first elephant we saw in Kenya -- and the first wild elephant I've ever seen.
Elephants coat themselves in mud and dust as protection against the intense radiation of the African sun. Because the geology of Kenya is highly variable across the country, you can tell its elephants apart by the color of mud on their skin.
In Tsavo West, the high concentration of iron in the soil (see the dirt road?) stains the elephants red, like this female. In dusty Amboseli the elephants are a ghostly gray-white. In Tsavo East the elephants are a warm gray-brown.
Did you know that Tsavo means “place of slaughter”? Visit Tsavo and see nature at its best from as low as Kshs 18,220 per person sharing for 2 nights.
Sarova Taita Hills - Kshs 18, 220 per person sharing
ManEaters Camp - Kshs 19,220 per person sharing
Ashnil Aruba Lodge - Kshs 19,900 per person sharing
Sarova Saltlick Game Lodge - Kshs 20,230 per person sharing
Voi Wildlife Lodge - Kshs 21,220 per person sharing
Manyatta Tented Camp - Kshs 21,220 per person sharing
Kilaguni Serena -Kshs 25,450per person sharing.
* 2 Nights’ accommodation * Shared transport in an 8 seater open roof van
* Meals on Full board basis
* Park Fees
* Entry fees of the driver/ guide and vehicle
* Pick up and drop off in Nairobi
* 24 hour contact
* Items of personal nature
* Tips and gratuities * Any other item not mentioned above
Prices indicated are subject to availability
Contact us today
Call or WhatsApp 0735331465
Or visit our website atstravel.co.ke
Or visit our offices:
NAIROBI Jeevan Bharati building, 9th, 4th and 5th floors, Harambee Avenue
ELDORET Eldo Centre, 1st Floor, Uganda Road
KISUMU Nakumatt Mega City Ground Floor, Nairobi Kisumu Highway,
KITALE Nakumatt Mega Kitale, Masembo Road, 1st Floor, next to APA
#smtm#atsat20#atstravelke#anniversarydeals#beautifulplaces#beautifuldestination#tsavoeast#tsavoeastnationalpark#tsavowest#safari#tsavowestnationalpark#wildexperience#adventure#safarilife#safariworld#travel # magicalkenya #tembeakenya#tembeatsavo#tsavo#maneatersoftsavo
Fun fact: I nidi di termiti sono isole di terreno fertile nelle savane e nelle praterie aride e semiaride. Tali strutture aiutano a stabilizzare l’ecosistema e combattono gli effetti del cambiamento climatico. 🌍
A world destined for the outcast, dethroned from the pride he will remain hidden and forgotten deep in the riverine forest forever.
Please follow @shazaadkasmani for more. Watch wildlife Videos in the Bio.
5 days 4nights in Diani, South Coast Christmas Packages.
1.Neptune Village 67,800 per person sharing on All Inclusive basis
2. Neptune Paradise 69,000 per person sharing on All Inclusive basis
3. Sands at Chale 72,000 person sharing on Half Board Basis
4. Amani Tiwi 59,000 per person sharing on All Inclusive basis
5. Leisure Lodge 60,000 per person sharing on Half Board Basis
Meet Jessica. This beautiful lioness was sad that Finch Hattons guests were leaving so she came out to give them a proper send off. She was at the airstrip before our driver got there and she stayed long after the plane had taken off. Jessica has become accustomed to our cruisers and whenever we come across her she takes time off her busy hunting schedule to allow our guests a couple of snapshots.
The main t͙h͙r͙e͙a͙t͙s͙ t͙o͙ g͙i͙r͙a͙f͙f͙e͙ in Kenya include:
• Loss of suitable habitat due to clearing of land for agriculture, tree-cutting for firewood and building, and infrastructure development.
• Climate change may increase desertification and aridity, which can lead to droughts, bushfires and reduced food availability, especially in northern and eastern Kenya.
• Poaching and indiscriminate snaring for meat, bones, bone marrow, and tail hair is a major threat to their populations.⛔
• Predation by carnivores, especially high amongst young calves.
Las principales a͙m͙e͙n͙a͙z͙a͙s͙ p͙a͙r͙a͙ l͙a͙s͙ j͙i͙r͙a͙f͙a͙s͙ en Kenia incluyen:
• Pérdida de hábitat adecuado debido al desmonte de tierras para la agricultura, corte de árboles para leña y construcción, y desarrollo de infraestructura.
• El cambio climático puede aumentar la desertificación y la aridez, lo que puede provocar sequías, incendios forestales y una menor disponibilidad de alimentos, especialmente en el norte y el este de Kenia.
• La caza furtiva y la caza indiscriminada de carne, huesos, médula ósea y pelo de la cola es una amenaza importante para sus poblaciones. ⛔
• La depredación por los carnívoros, especialmente alta entre los terneros jóvenes. .
#tsavoeast#tsavo#nationalpark#kenya#kenya 🇰🇪 #kenia#kenyasafari#african#africa#gransabana#jirafas#jirafa#giraffe#fotografia#animales#wildlife#threat#amenaza#wild#animals#belleza#natgeo#natgeowild#nationalgeographic#wildlifephotography#love#discoverwildlife
I think one of my favourite places in Kenya were the Shetani Lava Flows in Tsavo West. This entire area that goes as far as you can see was all formed from volcanic eruptions, the last volcano erupting hundreds of years ago. Such a dramatic, stunning landscape and very soon we were to see our first Leopard 🤯🐆