| INTRODUCING GREENS |
| Mizuna |
Sometimes when there's wacky looking greens on the stall, people aren't quite sure what to make of them. So we're going to use the next few weeks to introduce our in-season greens!
This is Mizuna. It's part of the Brassica family (think cabbage, kale, broccoli etc). Touted as a supergreen, Mizuna has a mild peppery flavor and it can be used in a variety of dishes. We've used it in salads, in pesto, tossed into pasta before serving or even in stirfry (added at the end). You can try some tomorrow as we'll have it on our shall at the @barossafarmersmarket .
Tried a bunch of new things today - a part of an octopus I don't want to talk about, bamboo shoots, pickled cabbage (witch was very sour). All at this Ramon place was amazing though. Was going to try seaweed but I hate when it touches my feet in the water why would I like it in my mouth. Lol #TryNewThings 💋💋❤❤
My new thing ..... is try new things. First i was trying just to get back on the board , simply without hurting myself( that didnt work 😂) i tried a little too far hence a few pay to play incidents...so toned it way back to simple basics. Square One. Foundational as i build up my mind so i can go out of my comfort zone. Takes time to regain confidence, let go of expectations mine and others, get skate legs & core. Getting over fear of little things that in the past would not phazed me. Such a mind thing skateboarding which is why i love it. Feels good though to be where i am...even if my heart sometimes wants to freely do everything i used to. i have to go it step by step young padawan. Any new thing no matter how small makes me happy if its skating. 💖#padawan#littlethings#smallvictories#trynewthings#slowandsteady#skating#learnnewthings#skateboard#skatemom#skatergirl
#day74 of #100daysoflearning An update on my arm vibrato! I think I've finally gotten used to the proper motion, now I just gotta work on speed. If I try to do it faster than what's comfortable, my hand tenses up and I end up just shaking the violin lol. So I gotta slowly build up speed in order to get better 💪
A couple things:
1. OMG THERE’S A DOG IN THIS CARVING!! I didn’t see ol’ Sparky until I really looked at this photo. I’m usually quite perceptive, so I’m baffled by my blindness.
2. I met someone who has 6 months to live. Would you want to know that about yourself? Would I be able to enjoy laying down to read a book, like the person in this carving, if I knew? 6 months.
3. For the first time I walked the sea wall in Campbell River. I need to do more first times, things I’ve always wanted to do which really aren’t that hard. Life is short as they say.
4. My acupuncturist did guasha on me. It works like magic on my body and mind. I can control and segment my over thinking. I have more energy after being trapped in my office cage, like a dog, to get out and explore.
5. I’m listening to an audiobook called Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson. If you need some inspiration in your life or love inspiring works of art in the way lives are lived, check it out.
That’s more than a couple things.
#life#death#thisisit#bluesky#carving#campbellriver @discovercampbellriver #read#wood#driftwood#beach#ocean#westcoast#justmercy#bryanstevenson#read#trynewthings
Interested in a career in Pilates - flexibility, community, exercise and amazing clients? Join us this fall for Power Pilates Core Mat I, Core Mat II & Comprehensive Training! You won’t regret the transformation ✨