So that’s what quilting it to death means..... I made this quilt top back in 2014... I wasn’t married yet, had only really made a two or three quilts, and let me tell you it shows. This is one of the only blocks in this @jaybirdquilts #parkbenchquilt that all the points almost perfectly line up. But here I am 4 years later top stitching it. I’ve come a long way in my piecing and am now focusing on my #freemotionquilting and becoming more confident in that. It’s also making me painfully aware of how limited my thread collection is. #imadethis#quilting#sewing#topstitching#quilt#thread#needmorethread
Scroll to go see reverse progress ➡️➡️ Spent a bit of time last night and this morning working on Geralt's boots. The pain with boots is that they're nearly impossible to make from scratch without a lot of expensive cobbling tools, and covering them can often look inauthentic if you're not careful. Despite this, the latter option was my only real route, so starting with some black leather riding boots I bought some very thin (~0.6mm) leather, patterned out the panels by stretching material around the boot and marking where necessary, and then starting to add the stitch detailing prior to glueing them in place.
Couple of interesting points. Firstly, I opted to purely sew the detailing onto the panel and then glue it in place (leather glue between two pieces of leather is very reliable) rather than use the top stitching to secure things in place as I didn't want to upset the structural integrity of the boot; and secondly, the front panel I actually glued in place first and dyed afterwards as the wetness caused by the dye, as well as using the topstitch along the bottom edge to draw in tension, meant that I was able to get a much better fit around the toe as well as the main creases where intended (some will smooth out later). I need to add the topstitch to the front panel tonight (had to be done last so it didn't get dyed), then add the splints, and weather, but other than that these are close to being done.
Well I may have stayed in my pjs until 3pm, but in honour of the cooler weather I have managed to complete @hartricksrm’s latest request, the @merchantandmills #landgate coat. I made the zip guard from contrast linen and lined the hood with the same, ditched the drawstring waist so added a bit of topstitching to hold the pockets in place. Having two sewing machines certainly made the contrast topstitching easier. He likes it, but still doesn’t like modelling 🙈
Os pespontos aparentes e com contrates( em inglês #topstitching ),foram um dos acabamentos que chegaram com uma novidade para o verão!
Seja em tecidos de alfaiataria,sarjados ou nos naturais,a proposta é inovar nas cores e nos mais variados modelos.