If you haven’t heard already, Slate CrossFit will be hosting the Granite Games Throwdown on January 12th. Teams of 3 (mmm or fff) Sign up by Monday to get your T-shirt! More info here: https://www.facebook.com/GraniteGames/videos/261350857877575/ #granitegames#throwdown#crossfit#seattle
A little #tbt to our Winter Warmer holiday latte art throwdown. We're still glowing from all the holiday cheer (and maybe the rum and eggnog?) ⠀
Congratulations to the top three - 3rd: Ash from @cookstvillagemokahouse, 2nd: Mike from @discoverycoffee and 1st: Tristan from @fernwoodcoffee
Disclaimer: Matching Outfits Are Optional 😉
There are 4 days left for you to snag a shirt and have it ready for pick up at check-in!
Round up your crew for a fun fitness-filled Saturday!
Click the link in our bio to register and check out the sweet shirt! *Athletes registering after December 17th will have their shirts shipped directly to the team captain*
It’s beginning to look a lot like specialty drinks in warm coffee shops-
This is the Oat Meal Latte made with chocolate, oat milk and sea salt on top of their own Corner Coffee Bean! It was filling and delicious!
So, if you saw my post from the other day you may remember that I promised to share a pic of me & a #meetthemaker bit about me. So I've dug out my big girl pants (I hate having my pic taken!) & here I am! Hiya 👋
1. I first tried working with clay and specifically 'throwing' clay after being inspired by #throwdown on BBC a few short yrs ago. It looked a whole lotta fun, & it really is a whole lotta fun. I've not looked back since.
2. I'm naturally quite shy & an introvert, though I'm slowly finding that as I'm getting older I'm coming out of my shell!
3. It's rare that you'll find me in a skirt or frock, infact if you do you're also likely to see a flying pig 😂
4. ...as everybody knows trousers are far more practical. Being the sort of girl who loves to make things (whether it's with mud at the potter's wheel, decorated Christmas Cakes for friends and family (in fact I took one for my Auntie earlier today) or pointing walls like the one behind me in the pic) I just love making and using my hands 🙈
5. I love getting out for a good long walk off the beaten track with my hubby (Gary). I love those walks where there's nobody about, just the two of us and nature. Listening to bird song, hearing the snap if a twig underfoot, the babble of a brook ....sheer bliss.
6. You've heard of The War of The Roses, yeah? Well that's our home ... well, just in the fact that I'm a Yorkshire lass born and bred (as you can probably tell from my user name) whilst hubby comes from over the hill in Lancashire.
7. We're Mummy and Daddy to a beautiful furbaby who goes by the name of Chester. He's a Ragdoll, swipe the pic to see those blue eyes (Mum said we should have named him Frank as in Frank Sinatra 😂)
8. I never wear make up (the lipbalm I've got on in the pic doesnt count, does it?) - makeup always feels uncomfortable to me, and lets face it make up sponges are for tidying pots and pulling up walls. #AmIRight#potterslife
9. I love watching medical programmes.
10. Family means everything to both hubby and I, so I for one am greatful that we live just a stones throw from my parents and get to visit them frequently.
Clips from today's WOD. Only managed 23 rounds, power cleans at 102.5 absolutely floored me. Tempted to try it again tonight 🤔 and yep I have a belt on for hspu just couldn't be assed taking it on and off 🤷♂️ @_unbroken_apparel_
Open Gym tonight at 7:30pm.
Tonight is a chance for you to continue the 8 Week Ovehead Press Programme whilst we are away.
For those of you not following the plan, this weeks Throwdown workout is also up.
Alternatively if you’re following your own programming this gives you some time to hit it hard.