Happy Monday my fit fam! This Monday was a little rougher than most for me because after a weekend of fun with my parents, I had to say goodbye to them this morning. Goodbyes are always hard but saying goodbye to my parents is always the hardest. They mean the world to me 💜 With that being said I also wanted to talk about weekend indulging because let me tell you this weekend was full of indulging and guess what, that is absolutley okay. We need to remember that we are all human and indulging is okay. Yes I am a bit bloated and yes I'm feeling a little inflamed but again that is okay. Instead of starving myself and going on a ridiculous cleanse, I stick to a couple tips I have learned over the years that have helped me. I wanted to share these with all of you!
1) Water. This I believe is the most important thing. Especially if you have been drinking alcohol over the weekend. Lets be honest, if we are indulging we most likely are not thinking about water intake. Our bodies are dehydrated from all that excess salt and sugar. Our bodies are fascinating and wonderful things! We need water to clear out the waste. We need to flush our system and water aids in that.
2) Sleep. This is also super important. Sleep is essential when it comes to your health. Getting a solid 7-8 hours will be a great reset for your body and mind.
3) Get back to your regular routine. There is no need to do 3 hours of cardio after an indulging weekend, especially if thats not normal for you. Simply just get back into your normal routine. Remember the first workout back may be rough but it's so worth it and rewarding and I promise you will feel great after.
4) Sit in the sauna. This is something I do regularly. I think sitting in the sauna is super relaxing. For me it's more of a stress reducer and it aids in removing toxins from your system through sweat.
5) Lastly, remember to eat. You may be tempted to skip meals or starve yourself but this is one of the worst things you can do. Skipping meals will only do more harm to your body. Instead of skipping a meal have a salad! Thats what I do! I will load my salad with lean protein, healthy fats and complex carbs.