Never forget that you can achieve anything you put your mind to.
In the past few years when I was trying to get in shape (more like miserably failing) I would always quit when it got hard. When the workouts pushed my physical abilities, I’d quit. When I got bored with the food, I’d quit. I signed myself up for so many different programs, I couldn’t even tell you an exact number. I’ve lost count. Until one day this year I told myself I wouldn’t quit. I was so tired of giving up. I wanted to experience how it felt if I pushed through. 🤨
Am here I am. Day 62 of #80dayobsession . I would never in a million years think I would be able to do this program. In fact, when I signed up on BeachBody, I told myself “wow I will NEVER do that program!” Flash forward a couple months, and I only have three weeks left! 😢
My life has changed in so many more ways than just physically. Yes, I’ve lost weight. Yes, this is the first time since high school freshman year I’ve seen the scale move. Yes, I FINALLY have baby abs 👶🏼. But my mental health has improved so much. I sleep better. I have more energy. I’m genuinely happy. And I’m truly confident with my body. (Wow, I’ve never said that in my life before😳) What’s it going to take for you to make yourself a priority? There’s no better time than right now. Say yes even if you aren’t ready. Make the jump and commit. You can achieve anything.
#MaggiePeaks is possibly THE hardest hike I’ve done in the #SouthLakeTahoe area (nearly 2,000 ft elevation gain in under 2 miles ... I barely made it his time), but I do it every year because of views like these when you get to the top.
1) #LakeTahoe in the distance, #EmeraldBay , Granite Lake to the left, Cascade Lake to the right. Too bad it’s a little smoky from all the wildfires. 😩
2) Lake #Tahoe and Cascade Lake in the left, Fallen Leaf Lake on the right.
3) Emerald Bay from part way up the hike (about 0.7 mi up).
4) See the rocks in the middle at the top? That’s where Maggie’s Peak North is from about 2/3 of the way up the trail.
5) Granite Lake and Lake Tahoe from the trail.
6) The #mountains to the east from atop Maggie’s Peak North.
7) My @alltrails recording upon getting to the top of Maggie’s Peak.