Meningitis Centre Australia and TAFE are offering FREE ACWY meningococcal vaccines for 18 and 19 year olds in November! Meningococcal can kill within 24 hours so vaccination is crucial!
MCA will be at the Rockingham, Thornlie, Murdoch, Joondalup, Northbridge and Leederville TAFE campuses. To find out more info and make your booking head to the link in our bio!
Yesterday's VERY OPEN DAY was a huge success. Thank you to those who made the day a such a fantastic one. From all our stall holders and those who supplied us with multiple free games and activities, to anyone who came along for the day to find out about studying with South West TAFE. Thank you!
Yesterday at our VERY OPEN DAY the @pure_academy students absolutely shone. They created some stunning hair and make-up looks from scratch, and this isn't even all of them. We also had free seated massages, face mapping, and nail art. PLUS a selfie station to really show off! If you're thinking of studying hair, beauty, make-up, nail tech or massage then come and talk to us! 💇💅💄💆
Welcome to our two newest apprentices Andrea and Dean. It's always an exciting time when we sign on first year apprentices. To know the beginning of their career is in the hands of our business gives us great honour. Their success and our success go hand in hand and we always endeavour to guide our apprentices to a path where they can reach their full potential! Welcome again boys! We would also like to thank @sarinarussojobaccess for assisting in this process.
The Sydney Technical College was once the "Working Men's College" (changing name in 1878), which was formed out of the original Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts was founded in 1833.
In 1891 the Technical College moved here to this amazing building in Ultimo.
In 1911,Sydney Technical High was established attached to these premises. This school (now in Bexley) is still active today.
Over a century of sweeping social and technological change, the Sydney Technical College strove to meet the training needs of each generation. After World War I, returned servicemen were trained as signwriters, coopers, piano-makers and office workers. Through the Great Depression, the College came alive during daylight hours with unemployed people studying commercial subjects and trades. During World War II, the College operated around the clock as a combined teaching facility, factory and RAAF camp under the Commonwealth Defence Training Scheme.
For its first half-century the Ultimo campus was always busier at night than during the day, as most students were apprentices who had to complete the College component of their training outside working hours, or part-time students doing non-trade courses in their own time.
So cramped were conditions in the early days at the Sydney Technical College that students would eat meals by candlelight in the cellars of Ultimo House.
In 1949, the New South Wales University of Technology was founded on its main site, as a separate institution. This University is now known as University of New South Wales.
In 1969, part of the college became the New South Wales Institute of Technology (NSWIT). In 1988, NSWIT was given official University status and became University of Technology Sydney (UTS). The college continued to operate, eventually becoming part of the New South Wales Technical and Further Education (TAFE) system. It is the largest TAFE college in NSW.
Today's the day. Come on down to @pure_academy today between 10am - 2pm when we open our doors. We have:
- FREE Dermalogica face mapping
- 25% off Dermalogica purchases on the day
- Creative ＋ airbrush make-up demonstrations
- FREE seated massage
- FREE nail art designs
Tomorrow is the BIG DAY. Come on down to South West TAFE tomorrow for our VERY OPEN DAY. Doors open from 10am and you can check out all we have on offer.
- Sculpting and printing demonstrations
- Create your own masterpiece
- The cost of running a business
- Try your hand at the Emotional Intelligence Test
- Pipe your own chocolate decorations
- Chocolate fountain and setting station
- Coffee making demonstrations
- Hints and tips to create the best coffee
- Travel the world with virtual reality goggles
- Meet Abby - the young Holstein calf
- Check out the inner workings of what's under your car bonnet
- Have a go at building a cubby house
- How a solar panel will help run a freezer
- Wind turbine demonstrations
- 3D printing display ＋ etching demonstrations
- Learn how to keep your indoor plants alive and flourishing
- Deconstruct an entire computer and then put it back together
- Dig around for lollies in our plumbing pipe treasure hunt
- Playdough station
- Badge making
- Mess Free finger painting
- Learn the English language with fun games and activites
- Using art therpay in learning
- Ice breaking, maths and language games
- A variety of activity stations to make mini take home goodies
- FREE Dermalogica face mapping
- Creative make-up and airbrush makeup demonstrations
- FREE Seated Massage
- FREE Nail art designs provided by students
- Make your own stress ball
- Create unique origami structures ＋ paper planes
- Do you know how much a standard drink is?
- Jigsaws ＋ other problem solving activities
- First aid ＋ CPR demonstrations
- Hand sanitising & nursing mannequin demonstrations
- FREE jumping castle
- FREE petting zoo
- FREE face painting
- Open air market ＋ fabulous food feast
Tomorrow we're opening our doors to show you all the amazing facilities, teaching staff and courses that we have on offer. If you're looking for a qualification in hair, beauty or wellness then look no further.
Come on down and see what we're all about. 💅💇💆💄