My Homemade & Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken
My Tasty Kitchen, Aiyie Lim-Valdez
500g chicken breast, cubes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 cup sweet potato flour/cornstarch
4 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 tbsp oil
5 cloves of garlic
1 medium onion
1 tsp fresh crushed ginger
2 bird’s eye chili/chili pepper (optional)
1 medium carrot
1 medium red and green pepper cut into cubes
1 small canned pineapple chunks
1/2 cup raw sugar/brown sugar
3 tbsp pineapple juice
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar/coconut vinegar
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp each soy sauce e, oyster sauce, and Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 4 tbsp of water
1. Combine all the chicken ingredients and place them in ziplock bag, shake to coat well.
2. Heat oil in skillet on high, add chicken and cook for 3 minutes so the outside is light golden brown and crispy, but inside is still raw.
3. Bake in 390F/200C oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
4. Stir fry and sauce: Add 1/2 tbsp, sauté onion, ginger and garlic. Add all the remaining ingredients.
5. Add sauce ingredients, whisk and bring to simmer and cook until thickens to a syrup consistency
6. Toss the chicken with sauce and serve with rice. “......Cooking is for everyone....! Enjoy 😉
#AiyieTastyKitchen #sweetandsourchicken #whatsfordinner #yegfood #yegfoods #yegfoodie #yegfoodies #yeglife #yeg #yegger #yeggers #yeggies #exploreEdmonton #Edmonton #yegeats #yegeat #gastropost #chicken #yegeats #igfood #igfoodie #igfoods #thereEdmonton #chinesesweetandsour #sweetandsour #sweetandsoursauce #recipes #recipe #healthyrecipes #recipeoftheday #recipeshare
Vegan sweet and sour “chicken” 🍴 I really wanted to try some other mock meat dishes here but we just keep ordering the same things. I guess, when you’re on to something good, stick to it? 😅
#sweetandsourchicken from scratch even the sauce 🙌🏼 plus it’s baked and not fried! Half of of the calories of takeout plus I know it was cooked in a clean kitchen... I don’t know about y’all but that incident on 7 mile still got me shook to eat out 😩 #chinesefood #fromscratch