Enjoy this scrumptious #vegetarian dish for any meal! Who else finds that using @kerrygoldusa salted butter makes any meal irresistible? #AnyoneCanDoThis#TryThisatHome
•1 tablespoon butter
•2 cups (160g) broccoli
•1/2 cup (65g) sweet potato
1. Dice the #broccoli and sweet potato into 1/4- to 1/2- inch pieces
2. Place butter in a pan over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add broccoli and sweet potato. Stir to coat.
3. Add 3/4 cup water and cover pan so that vegetable steam to cook. Stir occasionally until veggies are tender and water has steamed off, about 15 minutes.
4. Crack eggs and add to the pan. Allow eggs to solidify for a couple minutes, then stir every minute or two until eggs are fully cooked.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
#Nutrition : 443 calories. 24.5g #protein / 29g carbs / 6.5g #fiber / 2.5g sugar / 26g fat
Butternut squash, spinach, and black beans, with a bit of hearty #latourangelle walnut oil #AnyoneCanDoThis#TryThisatHome
•1/2 medium red onion
•1 large butternut squash
•2 tablespoons walnut oil
•2 bunches spinach
•1.5 cups cooked black beans
1. Roughly dice 1/2 medium red onion. Peel a large butternut squash, remove seeds, and cut into 1- to 2-inch chunks.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons (30mL) walnut oil and sauté diced onion over medium heat until transparent, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add butternut squash pieces and stir well to coat with oil. Add 1 cup water and cover to contain steam. Set a timer for 25 minutes.
4. Stir occasionally, ensuring squash does not stick to pan. Add water if needed.
5. While squash is cooking, prepare 2 bunches of spinach: cut off stems, and rinse and coarsely chop the leaves.
6. After 25-30 minutes, the squash should be fully cooked. Add the spinach to the squash and onion, folding the mixture. Maintain chunky texture of squash by stirring gently. Allow spinach to wilt, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Add 1.5 cups (260 grams) #homemade black beans (see prior @secretlydelicious post for recipe). Gently stir to combine.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Yields 2 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 458 calories. 18g protein / 71.5g carbs / 20.5g fiber / 8.5g sugar / 15g fat (of which 3g #monounsaturated and 9g #polyunsaturated )
Sometimes I get a crazy idea and just can't shake it. Coming home to a block of frozen chicken evolved into boiled chicken which evolved into spaetzle chicken ramen. Pro tip: make sure your colander has holes large enough for the dough. #dinner#spaetzle#germanfusion#surprisinglydelicious
I have seen these #smartsweets candies all over Instagram lately so I finally bought some to see what all the fuss was about.
First, these are vegan. Secondly, they are cane sugar free (sweetened with stevia) - so they only have 3 grams of sugar and 80 calories for the WHOLE BAG! As a comparison, a regular tiny package of fruit snacks is 90ish calories and you only get like what - 7 fruit snacks? 👎 .
Third, they surprisingly have a bunch of fiber - 28 grams per bag which is comparable to almost 2 heads of broccoli! 🥦 (16g fiber per head) .
Lastly, and this is key, THEY TASTE GOOD! I had high hopes because of all the hype but I was honestly expecting these to have that nasty “sugar free” aftertaste. I got a tiny bit of that on my first fish but after that, totally delicious! They have sugar free versions of Swedish fish, sour patch kids, gummy bears and sour gummy bears. (Please make starbursts and skittle versions!!) .
I am honestly impressed. If you’re trying to cut out sugar, these are a winner! By the way this is #notanad and I’m not a sponsor I’m just giving my honest opinion that these surprisingly live up to the hype! 🙌
What a surprise treat these little cupcakes were!
I must admit - when I read that the ingredients were carrot, parsnip and beetroot, I was a little sceptical
But they were delicious! .
A great option for kids lunch boxes, or for that afternoon ‘I’m starving mum!’ time
As an added bonus - my girls had a brilliant time grating all the vegetables!
Recipe from the free #colesmagazine - will definitely be on the ‘cook again’ list
It’s the end of the week, and I’m really scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as our veggies are concerned. Today my juice consists of our last two cuties, red grapes, and a handful of mixed salad greens with fresh dill. Surprisingly delicious and refreshing! 🍊🥗🍇
Sunday Bloody Sunday. Someone is committing a crime in here. A disastrous combo of laziness and hangover has stabbed me, so that I ended up eating a vegetable #FROSTED#pizza , but #thin and #crispy , they say. What’s worse, I enjoyed it.
As an Italian it’s a disgrace.
As a human bone-idle being it’s been the heaven.
Have I posted about these @cliosnacks yogurt bars yet? Because I've been obsessed for weeks. I tried them on a whim, the macros looked "meh" to me (150cal, 12c 8p 7f) but they called to me. I'm SO glad i tried them. They have a few other flavors but I think good ol vanilla is my favorite. The texture is SO CREAMY, it's like...yogurt meets cheesecake meets candy bar, and if you freeze it they all meet ice cream.
First-day-of-school after-school snack: CHOCOLATE HUMMUS 🍫😁
The first time I heard of 'sweet hummus' was on a Shark Tank - I was perplexed, then amazed by the idea and the possibilities it offered!
There are tons of different ways to flavor the chickpea/tahini paste, but my favorites are chocolate or cinnamon/raisin.
You can change it up using nut butter instead of tahini or different sweeteners like maple, agave, coconut....
Today I made it like this;
• 1 can chickpeas drained, with water reserved
• 1/4c peanut butter
• 1/3c date paste
• 1/2c cocoa (unsweetened)
• 1tsp vanilla extract
• 1 pinch salt
° Put it all in a food processor with about 3tbsp of the reserved chickpea water and whizz it together. ° Scrape the sides down, add more of the water if necessary and blend again. It will firm up in the fridge, so I tend to blend it a bit looser. Today I ended up using all my reserved water
° Serve with sliced apple, celery ribs, strawberries, pretzels, spread on toast, pancakes or just on a spoon 😉
It's a magical high-fiber, full-flavor, guilt-free indulgence for all the family. Really! 😋🤩
What are your favorite sweet hummus flavors?