#IFoundAwesome 😍 Get your fix of two-toned Kolhapuris and sandals from the Soul Sisters! @mysolesisters
Find fun things to do in Mumbai on LBB.IN/APP
If you start using your mistakes
for improvement then you definitely become successful one day
Photo : @abdullah_evindar
Follow : @quotesaweb
The pride of #Mumbai aka #Bombay #TajMahalPalace .
Some facts about this iconic #Hotel :
1. The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel is a five-star hotel built in year 1903, located next to the Gateway of India, to commemorate the landing of their Majesties King George V and Queen Mary in 1911.
2. The hotel has 565 rooms, 46 suites, and 11 restaurants. The first 24-hour coffee shop in India was opened in this hotel in 1972. India's first authentic Sichuan restaurant, the Golden Dragon, was opened in this hotel. It was also the first to hire English butlers.
3. The hotel also opened the city's first licensed bar. It also opened the country's first international discotheque―Blow Up.
4. Architects Sitaram Khanderao Vaidya and D. N. Mirza planned this marvelous hotel, though, it was completed by W.A. Chambers, an English engineer. The hotel was built by Khansaheb Sorabji Ruttonji Contractor; he was also responsible for designing and building the renowned central floating staircase.
5. The architecture of the hotel was planned in an Indo-Saracenic style, as instructed by Jamsetji Tata. The nearby Gateway of India is also built in the same style.
6. The cost of building this majestic hotel was GBP 250,000 in 1903, which is approximately GBP 127 million (as of 2008).
7. The hotel was converted into a six hundred-bed hospital during World War I.
8. The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel was the first hotel in India to have electricity.
9. The hotel was the first in the country to have American fans, German elevators, and Turkish baths.
Do visit it if you are in Mumbai.
#mavericklupino #instagram #MumbaiDiaries #photooftheday #architecturephotography #photo_pond #streetfocus_on #igers_Mumbai #Maibhisadakchap #streetshot #wanderlust #MumbaiMeriJaan #DesiDiaries #ClickshotIndia #_woi #incredibleindia #Streetphotographyindia #streetphotography #passionpassport #mumbailocal #StreetsOfMumbai #travelgram #everydayeverywhere #nikonphotography #nikonD3400