Confession: I am not a fan of peanut butter. Confession Correction: I am a fan of peanut butter itself, but I am not a fan of peanut butter IN things. Peanut butter cookies? No, thank you. Peanut butter smoothie/milkshake/protein shake? NO, thank you. But! These muffins miiiiight have softened my anti-PB-in-things heart a bit. The muffins themselves are not overly peanut buttery, in fact the combo of whole wheat and all-purpose flour makes them way more bread-y than peanut buttery. The muffins get dipped in melted peanut butter, then chopped peanuts, so the vast majority of peanut butteriness is coming from actual peanuts and peanut butter. 🙌🏻 They’re not overly sweet, either. Most of the sweetness comes from the jam/jelly filling. What results is pb&j muffins that taste like an actual pb&j sandwich. But in a muffin. And even I approve of that situation. 👍🏻 Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins, Food Network Magazine January/February 2018. A link to this recipe will also be on my Facebook page!
#nightsnack was 2 digestive biscuits with strawberry jam and some raisins and of course a cup of tea with one sugar and milk.
It was something a little different because I didn't have any bread or pancakes left and I didn't fancy having a protein bar tonight so I had this instead.😀😁😊
TONIGHT at ORTLIEB'S we are playing REAL SONGS as TRIO with the realest @elaine_rasnake on bass 🎸 This bill is STACKED and idk if I'm more excited to play or watch @allboy.allgirl @bernieandthewolf & @campcandlecampcandle
Breakfasting at its best! Start your Wednesday with a REBBL Maca Mocha Elixir and homemade 'Strawberry 🍓Chia Jam' This easy recipe by @soyumsofun is made with a 3 simple & whole ingredients: Strawbs + maple syrup + chia seeds. It's perfect for topping @daveskillerbread and @wild_friends nut butter. (Check out @soyumsofun's page for full recipe & more scrumptious ideas)
Cut ‘em up,
Don’t cut them out!
Popped down to the shops tonight & bought 4 punnets of strawberries, some bananas & a packet of apples to show my support for the farmers & to show whoever wanted to get a reaction from putting needles in the fruit how much mind space I give them... which is zilch!
Just Keep Calm & Carry On people. Buy the food you usually would and just cut things like strawberries & give your fruit & veg an extra look over but please don’t punish the farmers or reward these idiots my whipping yourself into a frenzy.
Also. I really wish you could smell these.
They smell A-MAZING 🙌
Don’t forget you can wash, chop & freeze them for ice cream or smoothies or maybe make a dirty great batch of strawberry jam! If these last long enough I might chuck a few in the dehydrator too.
How to make strawberry jam
Want to do our Aussie farmers a good turn?
Buy their strawberries and make jam!
This photo series shows you how.
(There are many ways of making fruit jam - this is just one.)
* 8 cups of chopped Strawberries (roughly 10x 250g punnets)
* 4 cups white Sugar
* Juice of 2 lemons
* You may like to add a stick of cinnamon or vanilla, or some herbs (fresh or dried) like mint, lemon verbena, or like this - lemon Myrtle.
1. Wash and chop your strawberries into medium sized pieces. Include the unripe ‘white bits’ of the fruit - it has pectin in it which will help your jam Set.
2. Combine the strawberries with the sugar, cover and leave overnight in the pan you will preserve in. Don’t fill the pan more than 1/3 full of fruit. This is called macerating. The sugar will liquefy and make the jamming process quicker the next day, thus increasing the chance of your jam having a good chunky texture.
3. Add the lemon juice, then bring the whole lot to the boil. Keep an eye on it, as it will froth up and over the edge if you’re not watching (this is why you only fill the pot 1/3 with fruit). Reduce heat and stir if it looks in danger of going over. Don’t stir too often, as this reduces the heat.
Don’t throw your strawberries away Australia! Make my refined sugar free strawberry jam
🍓1 kg strawberries
🍓1 vanilla bean, halved & seeds removed
🍓1/2 cup local honey (thick)
🍓Zest of a lemon
Wash and chop the strawberries. Place all the ingredients into a large jam pan or heavy based pot. Set the heat to medium and allow the ingredients to simmer. Keep on stirring and mashing the strawberries with the end of a wooden spoon (for a chunky consistency) After about 45mins you will notice the jam to thicken, it should coat the spoon well. Turn the heat off and set it aside for an hour to cool before placing it in jars. It will keep in the refrigerator for approx 1 week.
Raura twitter update
Contest stage "#StrawberryJam "
It will start from tomorrow!
Even those who come to see with the first things
There may be things to be surprised about
It is supposed to be really fun ♪
And after 19 o'clock show
I decided to do after-talk!
I am waiting from the bottom ❤ ︎
Tahap kontes "#StrawberryJam "
Bahkan mereka yang datang untuk melihat hal-hal pertama
Mungkin ada hal-hal yang mengejutkan
Itu seharusnya sangat menyenangkan ♪
Dan setelah pertunjukan 19 malam
Saya memutuskan untuk melakukan after-talk!
Kunjungan semua orang
Saya menunggu dari bawah ❤ ︎
LETS SUPPORT OUR FARMERS by using strawberries to make Jam with our JBT healthy Stawberry Jam recipe! 🍓
DID YOU KNOW - Store bought and even some home made jams can be full of excess sugar?
Im sure you will be surprised to see just how quick and easy it is to make your own healthy version! 👇🏻
-1 heaped cup strawberries (chopped)
- squeeze of fresh orange juice
- OPTIONAL 1-2 tsp preferred sweetener to taste (honey, rice malt or maple syrup recommended)
- 1 heaped tsp chia seeds
- Place berries and a good squeeze of half an orange in a small saucepan.
- Gently simmer, mashing berries with a fork to desired consistency, until syrupy- about 5 minutes.
- Add sweetener to taste and stir through chia seeds.
- Transfer to a jar and place in the fridge until cold. The Chia seeds will give it a thick jam texture.
- Use whole or ground chia depending on texture preference. I used whole.
- Makes about 1/2 cup a jam, enough for a nice serving of muffins. Double the recipe if you desire more.
Support our Farmers by using stawberries to make Jam with our healthy Stawberry Jam recipe! 🍓 🍓 🍓
Store bought and even home made jams can be a hidden source of excess sugar. You will be surprised to see just how quick and easy it is to make your own healthy version!
1 heaped cup strawberries (chopped)
Squeeze of fresh orange juice
1-2 tsp preferred sweetener to taste (honey, rice malt or maple syrup recommended)
1 heaped tsp chia seeds
Place berries and a good squeeze of half an orange in a small saucepan. Gently simmer, mashing berries with a fork to desired consistency, until syrupy- about 5 minutes. Add sweetener to taste and stir through chia seeds. Transfer to a jar and place in the fridge until cold. The Chia seeds will give it a thick jam texture.
Use whole or ground chia depending on texture preference. I used whole.
Makes about 1/2 cup a jam, enough for a nice serving of pumpkin muffins. Double the recipe if you desire more.
You can also make our Pumpkin Paleo Bread into individual muffins, sweetened with 1 tbsp honey in the batter. Delicious!! #happyhealthywealthy#happy#healthy#wealthy#strawberry#strawberryjam#supportourfarmers#cutemupdontcutemout#australia#fruit#cleaneating#jbt#juicybodytransformation#yum#chia#farmersmarket