I love eating winter greens, and find a way to incorporate them into most of my meals during the cold, dry, rough and windy vata season.
Seasonal vegetables of the green persuasion bring brightness, and a jewel like sparkle to the oft grey skies that we see in winter.
Greens are nutritional gems too, glittering with vitamins, fibre, and several minerals.
They can be added to casseroles, pies, and can be so easily stir fried.
Use any combination of green veg you fancy- seasonal ones include leeks, chard, cabbage, kale, spinach, fennel, sprouts.
Stir fry in a wok cooked 3 ways:
1) Heat a little ghee and rapeseed oil, add a sprinkling of cumin seeds and black mustard seeds. Once they fizzle, add thinly sliced garlic, a little grated ginger, a pinch each of turmeric and coriander powder,throw in the green veg and mix well until softened. Add salt to taste.
Serve with basmati rice.
2) Heat toasted sesame oil and add a tsp each of garlic & ginger. Throw in the green veg, add a few shakes of soya sauce and a little honey. Add a tsp of finely chopped unsalted peanuts, and squeeze a little lime juice over. Mix well until cooked. Serve with noodles.
3) Heat a little rapeseed oil and add garlic, green veg, a sprinkling of red chilli flakes, a teaspoon of lemon zest and salt to taste. Serve with pan fried fish.
Gorgeous green goodness.
•Stir fried shrimp with baked okra
•🍤 Shrimp: 2 pounds head-on shrimp, corn starch, 5 Thai chili, garlic, salt and pepper per your taste
• I start by mixing my salt pepper and corn starch. I lightly coat each shrimp with the corn starch mixture.
• Then, I heat up a pan with canola oil and fry the shrimp. • Before the shrimp is completely done, I take the shrimp out place to the side. With a separate pan I heat up the garlic until it is a light brown color and then toss the shrimp into the pan along with the Thai chili.
• Okra: olive oil, ground red pepper, lemon zest, salt and pepper per your taste. •
• I cut the okra into vertical halves. I then coat a baking tray with olive oil and after seasoning the okra, I bake it for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. •
• 📸: @deannahuynhh
** DOOR NO.13 - TOP TIP ** When preparing your veggies for stir fry make sure you cut them DIAGONALLY - creates more surface area which in turn makes cooking quicker retaining the nutrients & the crunch - WHO KNEW!!!??? Did you also know that grating cheese makes it goes further & taste stronger - exactly the same reason 'creates more surface area'? 🤷♀️ After Christmas I'm proud to say I will certainly have more 'surface area'!!! ;)
Salah satu jurus terjitu biar anak2 doyan maem sayur adl dimasak mix baso or sosis. Pasti dimakan! Meski sering bersisa sayurnya doang di akhir 🙄
Nah..di situlah kredibilitas profesi kita as emak2 dipertaruhkan!!? Kudu selalu siap siaga ngabisin makanan sisa mereka, biarpun perut wes kenyang!?? Sensasi enak2 enek gitu..........
Emejing sekalih yaa kita! 🤪🔪👊🏽 .
Dibumbuin irisan duo bawang, cabe merah, saus tiram, kecap asin, kaldu sapi + gulgar.
Tumis, cah atau oseng?
Ada yg tau beda ketiganya?? 😁
Paleo Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry 🥩🥦🔥
This literally tasted like take out from a bomb Chinese restaurant! I used NY Strip for this so the meat was super tender and delicious! -
PRO TIP: freeze your Steak for about 30 minutes then you will be able to slice it super thin. -
I made a super tasty Spicy Mongolian Type sauce for this that I thickened with Arrowroot Powder! Super pumped with the results and I will try and get the recipe up on the blog tonight! 😃
Well well well, I still got it. 😎 Latin/Asian fusion on a weekday. Chicken Pineapple Stir Fry. Thinly sliced chicken breast marinated in fish sauce, avocado oil, sesame oil, lime juice and spices meets a medley of pineapple, bell pepper, onion and string bean. Wok fried in a sauce I made from rice wine vinegar, mirin and ponzu. Topped with sesame seed, sriracha and green onion. I hadn't eaten all day and was feeling particularly motivated but honestly it's hard to screw up anything in a wok as long as you don't burn it. .
Wouldn't be a proper dinner without a beer and this one was delicious. @finbackbrewery Blueshift. Blueberry sour ale with cinnamon. Not exactly a perfect pairing but it was perfect for dessert. .