You may never be a great lawgiver like Moses, a great military leader like Joshua, or a great statesman like Daniel. You probably won't be a brilliant king and poet like David. And the likelihood of you being a great prophet like Elijah is slim.
BUT…you can be a great person of faith, like Abraham. And like Abraham, you’ve probably failed. Maybe you've failed a lot…just like this man who is known for his faith. But as we see his life unfold in the book of Genesis, we realize that Abraham isn’t perfect.
And that's good news! Because God doesn’t call perfect people. God isn't pleased with perfect people—because perfect people don’t exist. God only calls and only uses imperfect people. Psalm 147:11 says, “The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His mercy.”
We can learn to do that. We can learn to fear the Lord…and to continually hope in His mercy…and return again and again and again to that place of trust and worship…just like Abraham. Because, like Abraham, the Lord loves you and has a call on your life.
Listen to our study in Genesis 12 from last Sunday and discover why and how God qualifies the called: https://soundcloud.com/calvary-chapel-saint-cloud/genesis_12
Isn’t this Curry Coconut Cabbage gorgeous? It tastes even better than it looks! It’s in the hot bar today, along with chicken makhani, daal makhani, white rice and samosas! #vegan#indianfood#stcloud#goodearth#lunch
Ms. Edith’s class is learning about the different feelings we experience and the facial expressions for the different feelings! They played the Feelings Hop by hopping to the face expressing the feeling. ❤️🙏🏻
What is the Massage in Schools Programme?
The Massage in Schools Program (MISP) is a peer massage programme for children aged between 4-12 (with adaptations for 2-3 year olds) that’s helping people all over the world. MISP is not intended as a therapy, rather it aims to promote the wellbeing of children in the knowledge that nurturing touch is a basic need and a powerful tool to help children develop into healthy, well-balanced human beings. It has been developed as an inclusive whole school strategy for reducing children’s stress levels, aggression and bullying, and is also implemented in childcares.
MFA is proud to offer this innovative program in our VPK classrooms. We have been blessed to have among us the instructor Maria Alejandra Ferrer from Family Time Ferrer for the past two months implementing the program and training our teachers.
We are looking forward to seeing the long term results.
For more information about this program you can visit the MISP website: www.massageinschools.com
Some reasons why you should take care of your pet's teeth:
* A pet with healthy teeth equals a pet with better breath!
* Dental disease can actually lead to problems with your pet’s organs, such as the heart.
* Caring for your pet’s teeth can prevent other health problems, saving you tons of money over the long term!
* You need regular dental care and you brush your teeth everyday – why wouldn’t your pets? * 4 out of 5 dogs over the age of 3 years have some sort of periodontal disease. It can be caused by the buildup of plaque. * Pets that don’t get dental care can painfully lose their teeth – this can be terribly painful and cause serious health problems.
* Your dog and cat are very good at hiding pain – you might never know that your pet has a serious dental problem until it’s very advanced.