#teacherhighlights @melzim10 always sharing the best food recipes! ROASTED CARROTS WITH TAHINI SAUCE
• 1 cup farro, rice, quinoa or other grain
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
• 1 pound slender carrots, scrubbed clean and patted dry (sweet potatoes and/or beets also work well here!)
• ¼ teaspoon each ground cumin, chili powder and cinnamon
• 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
• 1/3 cup tahini sauce
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Cook the grains, as directed by packaging. Once cooked, add 1 teaspoon olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt. Mix well, then add the chickpeas and stir to combine. Set aside, covered, until you’re ready to assemble.
2. To roast the carrots: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and add the carrots. Drizzle them with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder and cinnamon. Roast for 20 to 35 minutes, until the carrots are easily pierced by a fork near the top of their stems.
3. In a small skillet over medium heat, warm ½ teaspoon oil until shimmering. Add the pumpkin seeds and generous pinches of cumin, chili powder and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the seeds are turning golden on the edges and starting to pop. Remove from heat to cool.
4. Combine the tahini with 1 tablespoon each lemon juice and chopped parsley and a few dashes of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Thin with water to desired consistency. Stir to combine and set aside.
5. To assemble the dish, pour the farro or other grain and chickpea mixture onto a large serving platter. Arrange the carrots in a single layer over the mixture. Drizzle tahini sauce generously over the carrots, then sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and one tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success! Happy Flex Friday everyone and always believe no matter what. Come join me live at 6:00 PM EST and keep pushing towards those goals today!
Good things come to those who work....not to those who wait
People often ask that which protien supplement are you taking.... All i can say is that most of them are almost same....and supplements are not going to do any magic...whey protien is just a milk by product it just gives you an extra edge....it doesnt matter if you take 1 scoop of protien or 10 scoops if you are screwing up your diet then nothing's gonna happen you are just wasting it and also money....and if you can hit your daily protien intake through diet then you dont even need it!! #fitness#lifestyle#hardwork#motivation#dedication#eatclean#stayfit#stayhealthy#gym#gymlife#backworkout#lats#delhi#nevergiveup
Day 2 winner @ann.reb.rad72
Teacher Appreciation Day!! Anyone can enter!
Tell us who your favorite teacher is! Who helped you become the dancer you are today!
Prize is a $10 Jamba Juice Gift card for you AND your teacher!
Owner @leezajolie would like to thank @larsenkylee @ayleyyasuko @lin_folkman @leahvincentdance @webb_serena for helping me become the person i am today and helped fuel my passion for dance! ❤❤
Where there is no struggle there is no strength to be gained. If you’re going through something, wonder why life is hard, stop and think about how it might be preparing you for something great in the future. Today’s pain just might be what makes you successful tomorrow.
HIT = high intensity Training⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Das training ist extrem hart. Du trainierst über dein Limit hinaus und versuchst dort zu bleiben, aber dafür kurz mit erholsamen Regenerationszeiten.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Volumen-Training beinhaltet viele Sätze pro Muskelgruppe. Du trainierst an dein Limit, pausierst und trainierst wieder an dein Limit, aber nicht darüber hinaus.
Lest in unserem Blog was sich dahinter verbirgt. Linkt ist in der BIO.
Zur Bestform deines Lebens, OHNE Steroide!
Mit, geht’s natürlich noch schneller.
Hol dir BestFit (in deinem App und Play Store), Support wie von Mutti.
Link zur Homepage gibt’s in der BIO.
HIT = high intensity training⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The training is extremely hard. You train beyond your limit and try to stay there, but for a short time with restorative recovery times.
Volume training includes many sets per muscle group. You train to your limit, pause and then back to the limit, but not beyond.
Read in our blog what's behind it. Linkt is in the BIO.
To the best form of your life, WITHOUT steroids!
With, it goes of course still faster.
Get BestFit (in your App and Play Store) supports you like a caring Mother.
Link to the homepage can be found in the BIO.
Chaque pas compte, chaque entraînement rapproche du but,... ne jamais abandonné, ne jamais baissé les bras. Bon week-end à tous 😜🤘🏻 @youngym_fr vêtements sport homme et femme code : ANGER10 #tatoo#stayfit#beard
Hey there! Lets play short "would you rather” game, shall we? 🙂
“Would you rather work out in a cold winter weather OR stay in a warm bed with a big mug of hot cocoa and favorite book?”🤔
Kudos to those who’ve chosen 1st option with no hesitation. You are my heroes!
As for those who went for staying in bed, I hear you. I love when it snows and enjoy the festive season, but cold winter weather has often killed the joy of outdoor workout for me. This season though, I decided to make some changes. .
You see, I realized that with the right attitude and mix of exercises, winter can actually be a fantastic time to get creative with workouts and try some fun activities. So here is what you can do to stay active this winter. .
☃️ Go out and play ☃️
Remember how fun it was to make snow angels, having a snowball fight, or building a snowman as a child? Why not trying it this season? We are never too old for these activities, and apart from giving us lots of endorphins, they help burn quite a few calories too. .
☃️ Take up a winter sport ☃️
Skiing, snowboarding and skating are all great options that burn lots of calories, bring variety to your workout plans and increase your competitive spirit.
☃️ Get creative at home ☃️
Some days cold snowy weather can kill the buzz of exercising outdoors. When that happens, choose to work out at home. Whether you buy some fitness equipment or just use your bodyweight, exercising at home can be a convenient solution to staying on track.
Have fun out there and enjoy this wonderful time of the year! .
I love a quick workout that leaves you feeling exhausted. This one is perfect for anyone with limited equipment, as all you need is a pair of dumbbells
1️⃣ Elevated goblet squat (𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜)- 3 x 15
2️⃣ Tension Romain deadlift- 3 x 15
3️⃣ Sumo squat with dumbbell- 4 x 12
4️⃣ Sumo goblet squat- 3 x 12
5️⃣ Reverse dumbbell lunges- 3 x 12 (each leg)
I went slow through each of these movements and really thought about brining tension to the muscle at work. With all movements I put my weight into my heels to the point I could wiggle my toes between exercises. This will also help build a little bit of that mind to muscle connection!