Okay okay okay tonight's dinner is one of our best! Seriously. Brodie made the pasta by hand rather than in a food processor which came out soft and pliant. Now the sauce, the sauce 🤤🤤🤤. It's so good, we're going to share the recipe! (Also check this out via our highlights!) 👇
4 garlic cloves (or more!), minced
1/2 onion, chopped
6 sundried tomatoes (squeeze out extra oil)
1/2 cup basil, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup half & half
1 cup parmesan, grated
1/2 cup pasta water
Red chili flakes
2 tbs oil from sundried tomatoes
*Cooked protein (option)
1. Heat up pan on medium with oil from sundried tomatoes. Add garlic. Cook for one minute before adding onion, sundried tomatoes and mushrooms if using. Add salt, pepper and chili flakes all to your preference. Cook altogether until soft, around 10 minutes.
2. Add half & half cream to pan. Once mixed, sprinkle in parmesan. Mix well until cheese is melted and incorporated. Then reduce heat for another 5 minutes.
3. Before adding pasta, add up to half a cup of pasta water to sauce. This helps thin it out. Add pasta, protein, mix altogether and enjoy!
Making plans for next week?? 🦃 Our Catering trays make feeding big groups a breeze! We’ll be closed on Thanksgiving Day, but pick up your orders on Wednesday and you’ll be all set for friends & family! 🧡
Design team potluck!!! 😃😋
Also multitasking during the busy morning. Pumping and tossing a salad 🍼🥗 .
It felt great to sit down with amazingly talented people and share a meal. A pic of my personal feast 🐷🤣
What a week! It has been chaos at home as we have builders in making more mess than i could imagine. They take half an hour for lunch and that is my time to catch up with ordering things, checking they are on track, chasing other tradesman, and of course have lunch myself. With limited time this is the perfect go to meal - and can be made in 10minutes. Soft boil two eggs, and while they are bubbling away, rice some cauliflower and broccoli in a food processor for the rice. Then throw it in a pan with lots of butter and chop up some bok choy or any other veg of your choice and lightly fry too. Bam! Nutritious and delicious in 10 minutes. Extremely filling and it will give me enough energy to power through this afternoons work. The washing up however, can wait until later!
#nofilter on this photo either. The eggs are organic, local and pasture raised and just look at the colour of that yolk #happyhens#10minutemeals#alwaystimeforfood#nutritiousanddelicious#pastureraisedeggs#eggs#cauliflowerrice#broccolirice#healthy#yummy#organic#lunchtime#lunch#quicklunch#glutenfree#sofull#bringontheafternoon
Cheesy Breakfast Quesadilla 🌮
In honor of the best weekday of the week... here’s a delicious egg and cheese breakfast quesadilla recipe for Taco Tuesday!
1. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp oil (I used avocado oil).
2. Cook 2 fried eggs to your liking. I like mine pretty well cooked so I cook them for about 4-5 min, then flip and cook for another 4 mins.
3. Remove the eggs from the skillet and spray the skillet with Pam, or add a 1/2 tbsp of oil.
4. Add 2 soft taco tortillas to the skillet, and spread shredded cheese to half of each tortilla. (I used corn tortillas and Mexican cheese)
5. Place a fried egg on top of cheese in each tortilla, then add more cheese on top of egg.
6. Fold over the other half of the tortilla on top of cheese to make a half moon shape.
7. Keep cooking the tortilla on this side for another minute.
8. Carefully flip to the other side of the tortilla with a spatula and cook for another 2-3 mins until cheese is melted.
9. Remove quesadillas from heat and they are ready to eat! I cut them in half to make smaller pieces.
Cashew Chicken Stir-fry 🥡
Healthy recipe for a cashew chicken stir-fry packed with veggies. Super simple to make, using only one skillet, and so much better than take-out!
1. Marinate 2 chicken breasts in juice from 1/2 a lime, 3 crushed garlic cloves, 1tbsp sesame oil, 1tbsp honey, and 1tbsp soy sauce for about 1 hour.
2. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add 1tbsp sesame oil.
3. When skillet is hot, add the marinated chicken breasts and cook for about 6 mins each side. When chicken is cooked through, set aside.
4. Add 1 cup cashews to skillet for 6 mins to lightly toast them. Set aside.
5. In the same skillet, add 1tbsp of sesame oil, 1tbsp soy sauce, 1 diced onion, 3 crushed garlic cloves, 2 thinly sliced carrots, and 1/2 diced green bell pepper and sauté for 5 mins.
6. Add 1 cup water, 1/3 cup basmati rice, and 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice to the skillet.
7. Bring skillet to a light boil and then cover with a lid and simmer for about 15 mins, or until water is evaporated and rice is cooked through.
8. Using a spatula, move mixture to one side of the pan to make room for 2 scrambled eggs. Add eggs to the skillet and cook stirring periodically for about 3 mins until cooked through, then stir to combine with rice and veggies.
9. Top with sliced chicken breast, toasted cashews, chopped green onions, and black sesame seeds.
Burrata & Sausage Pasta Skillet 🍝
This is a super easy recipe with cheesyyy creamy Burrata, and smoked Italian chicken sausage 💥
1. Make 2 1/2 cups pasta according to directions on box, drain, and set aside. I made banza rotini chickpea pasta.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
3. Add 5-6 sausages to skillet and cook on all sides for about 6-7 mins.
4. Remove sausage from skillet and chop on a cutting board.
5. Add 1 diced onion, chopped sausage, and 3 crushed garlic cloves to skillet. Cook for about 8 mins stirring halfway.
6. Reduce heat to low and add 1 jar pasta sauce to skillet. I used Newman’s Own roasted garlic pasta sauce.
7. Stir pasta into skillet.
8. Top skillet with Burrata chunks.
9. Leave on skillet for about 5 mins until burrata melts.
The BEST Steak Salad 🥗
This is the yummiest steak salad topped with grilled onions, walnuts, goat cheese, blueberries, avocado 🥑 and homemade citrus vinaigrette (recipe below ⬇️)
I made the steak using a cast iron skillet: 1lb of skirt steak cooked on each side for about 5 mins. Then let it rest for about 10 mins before slicing.
Citrus Vinaigrette recipe:
1. Combine juice from 1/2 a large orange, juice from 1/2 a lime, 1tbsp olive oil, 1tsp garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Garlic Salmon & Cherry Tomatoes 🍅
Delicious and garlicky one pan salmon and sautéed cherry tomatoes for an easy and healthy quick meal 🥘
1. Heat skillet over medium high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil.
2. Add 1 diced onion and 6 crushed garlic cloves to skillet. Cook for about 3 mins.
3. Add 2 cups of whole cherry tomatoes to skillet.
4. Season salmon with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook on each side for about 5 mins for a 1lb filet. Drizzle with juice from 1/2 a lemon.
Juicy and Crisp Pork Carnitas 🍋
Easy recipe for the MOST delicious pork carnitas that you can serve in a variety of ways!
Swipe ⬅️ to see it taco style with a jalapeño pineapple pico 🍍 🌶
1. Heat a slow cooker to high heat.
2. Place 2-3lb pork shoulder in the slow cooker, along with the juice of one orange, 6 crushed garlic cloves, salt, and pepper.
3. Cook for 6 hours. The meat should be fork tender at this point.
4. Remove the meat from the slow cooker and lightly shred. Retain 1 cup of juices from slow cooker.
5. Heat a skillet over medium high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 sliced onion.
6. Cook onion for 2 mins and then add the pork to the skillet. You may need to do this in batches depending on how much pork you have. Do not overcrowd the pan. For 2lbs of pork you probably need to do 2 batches.
7. Cook the meat for about 4 mins, then stir around and cook for another 4 mins. The point is to retain the juiciness of the meat but to brown it slightly for a crispy taste.
8. After each batch is finished, add juice from 1/2 a lime to the pork.
9. Finally add the cup of juices retained from the slow cooker over the meat and stir around.
Cheesy Pesto Veggie Pasta 🍝
This pasta is a combo of spaghetti noodles and spaghetti squash, homemade pesto sauce, and topped with fresh sautéed veggies. Perfect for meatless Monday🌿
1. Cook whole spaghetti squash in oven at 400F for 45 mins, turning half way through cooking time.
2. Cook 1/4 box of spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside, leave noodles in the same pot (spaghetti squash will go in here later).
3. In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup basil leaves, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, juice from 1/2 a lemon, 1/4 cup walnuts, 3 garlic cloves, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1tsp crushed red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and blend until smooth.
4. When spaghetti squash is finished cooking, cut in half lengthwise, discard the seeds from the inside, and scoop out the noodles with a fork.
5. Add spaghetti squash to the pot of cooked spaghetti noodles, and combine with the pesto.
6. In a skillet over medium high heat, sauté 1 diced onion, 1 diced tomato, 1 cup mushrooms, 2 crushed garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil for about 4-5 mins until onions are translucent.
7. Remove veggies from skillet and set aside. Turn heat to medium low.
8. Add pasta combo to the skillet and top with 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Add veggies on top of cheese. Leave on heat for about 2 mins to let cheese melt.
Chipotle Honey Bacon Wrapped Scallop 🥓
This is the most delicious appetizer! Seared scallops in a lemon butter garlic sauce, wrapped in a crispy slice of bacon with a chipotle honey glaze 🍯
1. Cook bacon in the oven according to package directions, however remove the bacon from the oven 3-4 mins before cooking time is finished. Set aside.
2. Heat a skillet to medium high heat.
3. Mix together juice from 1/2 a lemon, 1 tbsp melted butter, 4 crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Combine with 6-7 large scallops.
4. Sear scallops in skillet on each side for about 2-3 mins. Remove from heat.
5. Combine 1/4 cup honey, juice from 1/2 a lemon, and 1tbsp chopped chipotle peppers in adobo.
6. Pour mixture over the bacon and wrap the scallops in the bacon slices. Secure with a toothpick.
7. Place the bacon wrapped scallops back in the oven to finish the bacon cooking time.
8. Remove from oven. Let sit for 2 mins before eating.
Truffle Mac & Chipotle Honey Glazed Bacon 🥓
Super creamy cheesy truffle Mac and cheese topped with chipotle honey glazed crispy bacon 😍
1. Cook 4-5 bacon slices in the oven according to package directions, and remove from oven 3 minutes before it’s finished cooking.
2. Finely chop 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and mix with 3 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
3. Pour the glaze over the almost cooked bacon strips, and return to oven to finish cooking for the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
4. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté 1 cup sliced mushrooms and 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves for about 3 mins.
5. Add 3 cups pasta, 2 cups water, and 1 cup milk (can be any milk) to the skillet.
6. Turn skillet up to a boil until pasta is tender.
7. Reduce heat to medium, and add 2 tbsp flour, stir well to combine.
8. Add 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and 2 tbsp white truffle oil to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for about 2 mins.
Chimichurri Steak and Sautéed Onions 🥩
This is a super easy and quick meal with the most DELICIOUS sautéed onions and chimi sauce ever 😋.
1. Season 2 large pieces of flank steak (palomilla) with a dash of Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat a coast iron skillet over medium high heat with 2 tbsp butter.
3. Place 1 large sliced onion in the skillet and sauté for about 5 mins.
4. Place both steaks in the skillet with the onions and cook on each side for about 2 mins (this steak is very thin).
5. Remove skillet from heat and top steaks with chimichurri sauce.
Quick homemade chimichurri sauce:
Blend 1/2 cup parsley, 1/2 cup cilantro, 4 cloves crushed garlic, 2 tbsp lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Garlic Bread Chicken Philly 🧀💥
This absolutely tasty sandwich has one side of fully loaded garlic bread and one side of super cheesy chicken Philly cheesesteak! Then it’s all baked to crispy goodness 👌🏼
1. Heat skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil to medium high heat.
2. Sauté 2 diced chicken breasts, one sliced onion, 1 tbsp paprika, 1/2 tbsp cumin, salt, and pepper for about 15-20mins or until chicken is fully cooked through. Set aside.
3. In a bowl combine 5-6 crushed garlic cloves, 1 cup finely chopped parsley, 3 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Cut a loaf of sourdough French bread in half.
5. Add the garlic mixture to one side of the bread.
6. Add the cooked chicken and onions to the other side of the bread and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Place both sides of bread loaves in oven and bake on low broil for about 3 mins or until cheese is melted and garlic bread is toasty.
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese 🧀
Because sometimes you just need garlic bread and grilled cheese at the same time!
1. Slice buns in halves (I used Hawaiian rolls).
2. Add a layer of sliced turkey, and a layer (or 2 😏) of cheddar cheese slices between bread slices.
3. Combine 3 tbsp olive oil, 3 crushed garlic cloves, 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour garlic mixture on top of bread slices.
5. Bake in oven at low broil for 2-3 mins or until garlic is toasted.
Bacon & Maduro Breakfast Skillet 🍳
This is the ultimate breakfast or brunch one skillet meal! It has veggies, crispy potatoes, bacon, fried eggs, and topped with homemade sweet plantains 😋
1. Cook 5-6 bacon slices in skillet according to directions. Set cooked bacon aside.
2. Peel 2 ripened plantains, and slice the plantains into 1inch thick slices.
3. Set skillet to medium heat and cook plantains in bacon oil for about 2-3 mins each side. Set cooked plantains aside.
4. Raise heat to medium high and place 1 diced large potato, 1 diced onion, 2 large sliced carrots, 3-4 crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper into skillet.
5. Cook for about 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
6. Make 4 pockets into the potato hash mixture for the eggs.
7. Place an egg in each pocket in the potato hash. Cover with lid and cook for about 5 mins for runny yolk.
8. Remove skillet from heat and top with chopped bacon, chopped scallions, and sweet plantains.
Spicy Jerk Chicken & Mango Avocado Salsa 💥
This jerk chicken is the perfect amount of spice and also a super easy weekday meal! The mango avocado salsa is also so YUM😋
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Marinate 8 skin-on chicken legs in 1 cup of Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk seasoning (this is the best and most flavorful jerk seasoning that I’ve found - in the international aisle of the grocery store) for about 20 mins. This seasoning is very thick so make sure to spread it around evenly.
3. Place the chicken legs into a baking dish and bake for 45-50mins or until chicken legs are cooked through.
4. Mango avocado salsa:
1 diced mango
1 diced avocado
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
Salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
5. Serve chicken legs with salsa over basmati rice.
Crispy Chicken Jalapeño Quinoa Skillet 🌶
Caution: This one is really spicy! Crispy breaded chicken over sautéed corn and jalapeño quinoa, topped with avocado, bacon, and tomatoes 🍅 🥓
1. Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
2. Cook about 4 bacon strips in skillet until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Coat 1/2 inch thick chicken breasts in flour, egg, and then panko.
4. Cook chicken on both sides for about 10-15 mins until totally cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
5. Add 1 diced jalapeño, 1 diced onion, 4 crushed garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and 1 cup fresh corn kernels to the skillet.
6. Sauté for about 5 mins.
7. Add 1 cup cooked quinoa to skillet and mix together with cooked veggies. Remove from heat.
8. Top quinoa mixture with the chicken breast, chopped bacon, diced tomatoes, diced avocados, and sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Crispy Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder!
This pork shoulder is slow roasted in the oven and the result is super tender meat with the most crispy crackling skin 😍
1. Preheat oven to 275.
2. In the center of a roasting dish, place 2 halved garlic bulbs and 2 halved onions.
3. Sprinkle all sides of pork with salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil.
4. Place the pork skin side up on top of the onion and garlic.
5. Pour 2 cups dry white wine into the dish. Make sure not to wet the pork skin.
6. Roast 7 hours.
7. Turn oven up to 450F.
8. Roast for 30 minutes.
9. Transfer pork to serving dish and cover with foil. Leave pork resting for 20 mins before serving. Shred the pork and combine with juices from roasting.
Cheddar BBQ Rib Rolls 🇺🇸
Made these bad boys for Memorial Day and they were soooo delicious. Egg rolls stuffed with cheddar cheese and super tender falling off the bone rib meat, quick fried and perfectly crispy!
1. Place 2-3 spoonfuls of rib meat 1 inch away from the edge of an egg roll wrapper.
2. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on rib meat.
3. Brush egg wash around inner corners of the egg roll wrapper, and roll up until edges are sealed.
4. Make sure to pinch both side edges of wrapper together to avoid it falling apart in the oil.
5. Heat 3-4 inches of oil in a deep pot over medium high.
6. Place sealed rolls a couple at a time in the pot and fry until all sides are golden in color. About 4 mins.
7. Serve with any dipping sauce (I used ranch).
1. Heat grill to 250F or medium low depending on the grill.
2. Season baby back ribs with a dry rub of paprika, complete seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Wrap the entire slab in foil meaty side up and make a little tent so the foil isn’t touching the top part of the rib slab.
4. Place in grill for 2 hours with lid closed.
5. After 2 hours are up, remove foil and glaze ribs with bbq sauce.
6. Wrap ribs back in the foil and place in grill for 2 more hours with lid closed.
Chili Stuffed Peppers 🌶
Roasted green peppers stuffed with chili and topped with melted cheese, pico de gallo, Greek yogurt, and avocado! 🥑
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cut off tops of large green bell peppers and scoop out the insides.
3. Place peppers in a baking dish and bake for about 25-30 mins.
4. In a large skillet over medium high heat, sauté 1/2 lb ground sirloin, 1/2 diced yellow onion, 4 crushed garlic cloves, 1 can drained black beans, 1 can drained pinto beans, 1 cup corn, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp chili powder, salt, and pepper for 15 mins stirring every minute or so.
5. Add 1/3 cup tomato paste to skillet and stir.
6. Add 1 cup beef broth to skillet, stir, cover with lid, reduce heat to low, and cook for another 10-15 mins.
7. Pour chili into the baked peppers and top with shredded Mexican cheese.
8. Place back into oven and bake for 5 more mins.
9. Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings!
Seared Scallop & Bacon Fettuccini 🍝
This is a super quick pasta recipe that is just soooo DELICIOUS. Bacon, scallops, pasta= 🤤
1. Marinate 1/2 lb large scallops in juice from 1 lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil, 4 crushed garlic cloves, salt, and pepper for about 30 mins.
2. Cook about 1/3 box of fettuccini pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside when finished cooking.
3. Cook bacon according to package directions until fully cooked in a large cast iron skillet. Remove from skillet and set aside.
4. Using the same skillet over medium high heat, add scallops including the crushed garlic and sear on each side for about 3 minutes.
5. Add 2 cups spinach to skillet and cook for about 1 minute.
6. Add cooked pasta and 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese to skillet and combine with scallops and spinach. Remove from heat.
7. Top with drizzle of lemon juice and chopped bacon.
Dolphin 🐠 Lazy Days Style
Lazy Days is an awesome restaurant in Islamorada that cooks up their fish (or the fish you catch) lazy days style: pan fried, topped with tomatoes, scallions, Parmesan, and a key lime white wine sauce 💯 Recipe below ⬇️
1. Coat fish (I used dolphin) in flour, then egg, and then panko breadcrumbs.
2. Heat skillet over medium high heat and add about 1/2 in of oil, depending how thick your fillet is you can add more oil to cover just halfway up the fish.
3. Pan fry on each side about 4 mins until totally cooked through.
4. Remove fish from skillet, place in a dish and top with chopped tomatoes, sliced scallions, shredded Parmesan cheese, and drizzle key lime white wine sauce.
Key Lime Sauce:
1. Place 1 cup water, 1/4 cup dry white wine, and 1 tbsp key lime juice in a large saucepan over medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
2. Add pepper and 2 crushed cloves of garlic to pan.
3. Add 1/2 stick of butter into pan and reduce the heat to low, as butter melts, whisk until the butter is completely melted.
4. Mix 3 tsp water and 3 tsp cornstarch together and add to the sauce.
5. Raise the heat to medium low and whisk until the sauce thickens slightly. The sauce is ready when a few bubbles appear.
Honey Pecan Goat Cheese Log 🍯
Super easy and DELICIOUS appetizer!
It’s a goat cheese log, rolled in chopped pecans, and drizzled with honey..... that’s it!
Serve with your favorite crackers or apple slices.
Breakfast Egg and Bacon Skillet 🍳
Start your day with this delicious and filling breakfast skillet of eggs, bacon, potato hash, cheese and scallions ☀️ this is also a perfect dish for brunch!
1. Cook about 6 pieces of bacon on cast iron skillet until cooked and crispy.
2. Remove bacon from skillet and add 1 cup diced potatoes and 1 cup diced sweet potato.
3. Cook potatoes in bacon fat until browned and crispy.
4. Lower heat to medium low and make small pockets between potatoes for the eggs.
5. Add 4-5 cracked whole eggs to the pockets in the skillet.
6. Place a lid (or foil if you do not have a lid) on the skillet and cook for about 8 more minutes for runny yolk. If you prefer solid yolk, continue to cook with lid on until eggs are firm.
7. Remove skillet from heat and top with chopped bacon, sliced scallions, bunches of queso blanco, salt and pepper.
Baked Coconut Shrimp 🍤
Mother’s Day menu posts coming up! Super easy to make golden and crispy large shrimp breaded and baked with shredded coconut.
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Clean and de-vein 1/2 lb shrimp.
3. Coat shrimp in flour, salt and pepper.
4. Coat shrimp in 1 whisked egg.
5. Coat shrimp in a mixture of 1 cup panko breadcrumbs and 1 cup shredded coconut.
6. Bake shrimp on a greased baking sheet for 10-12 mins until golden brown.
Serve with your favorite sauce! I used cocktail sauce and lemon juice drizzle.
Shrimp & Sirloin Fettuccini Alfredo 🍝
This super indulgent fettuccini alfredo pasta sauce is made with NO heavy cream! Tossed with shrimp and topped with juicy sirloin steak 😍
1. Cook 1/2 box of fettuccini according to directions, drain except for 2 tbsp water, and set aside.
2. Season 1/2lb shrimp with salt, pepper, and 1tbsp paprika. Sauté over medium heat for 8-10 mins or until pink and cooked.
3. In a small sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 3 crushed garlic cloves over medium heat for 2 mins.
4. Add 1/4 cup flour and stir.
5. Slowly pour in 1 cup chicken broth while simultaneously whisking.
6. Slowly pour in 1 cup almond milk (or whatever milk preference) while simultaneously whisking.
7. Simmer for 5 mins, then add 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
8. Cook for an additional 2 mins and then toss with pasta and shrimp to combine.
9. Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium high heat in a cast iron skillet.
10. Season steak with salt, pepper, and complete seasoning (I used sazon completa).
11. Add 1 tbsp butter to skillet. Cook steak for 2-3 mins on both sides for a 1 inch steak while spooning melted butter over steak.
Cajun Shrimp BLT Salad 🥗
Seasoned shrimp with veggies, bacon, hard boiled egg, and cheese. All of these flavors make this salad SO tasty!
1. Pan fry bacon until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add 3-4 eggs to pot of water, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, place lid and turn temperature to simmer for 10 mins.
3. While eggs are cooking, season 1lb shrimp with 1tbsp paprika, 1tbsp cumin, 1tbsp chili powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Sauté shrimp in olive oil (or remaining bacon fat) until cooked. About 8-10 mins.
5. In a large salad bowl, add spinach, diced cherry tomatoes, chopped bacon, chopped celery, Cajun shrimp, diced avocado, sliced hard boiled eggs, and cheese (I used crumbled queso blanco).
6. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Beef & Cheesy Garlic Plantain Nachos 🧀
Overdue Cinco de Mayo post! This deliciousness consists of crispy plantain chips topped with ground beef, cheddar cheese melted with crushed garlic and butter, topped with spicy jalapeño pico de gallo 💥
1. In a skillet over medium high heat, add 2tbsp olive oil, and sauté 1/2 lb ground beef, salt, pepper, 1tbsp cumin, 1tbsp paprika, and 1tbsp chili powder. Cook for 15-20 mins or until meat is cooked through.
2. In a small sauce pan, heat 2 cups cheddar cheese, 2tbsp butter, and 3 cloves crushed garlic over medium low. Stir continuously until completely melted.
3. Chop 2 tomatoes, 1/2 a yellow onion, and 2 jalapeños. Place in a mixing bowl.
4. To the mixing bowl, add juice from 1 lime, 1tbsp olive oil, and 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, and combine.
5. In a dish, layer plantain chips and top with ground beef, cheese sauce, and pico de gallo.
Salmon & Pesto Spaghetti Squash Noodles 🍋
Pan fried salmon with crispy garlic, red pepper, mushrooms, and cashew pesto spaghetti squash noodles 🍝😛
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Bake whole spaghetti squash on baking sheet for 1 hour.
3. Remove from oven, slice in half, and scoop out seeds.
4. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to cast iron skillet over medium heat.
5. Add salt and pepper to skin side of salmon, and place in skillet skin side down. Cook for 5-7 mins for 1 1/2 inch thick filet.
6. Add 1 chopped red bell pepper, 1 chopped onion, and 1 cup mushrooms to the same skillet and sauté.
7. Add 5 crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper to salmon, and then flip over. Cook for 7 more mins. Flip over to skin side when finished cooking.
8. Remove skillet from heat. Add cooked spaghetti squash noodles to skillet and mix with veggies.
9. Add 1 cup pesto to noodles and veggies and combine. Top with basil and drizzle lemon.
Cashew pesto recipe:
In a food processor combine 1/2 cup basil, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/3 cup Parmesan, 1/3 cup cashews, 1-2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp water, salt, pepper, and 1tsp red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth.
Picadillo Empanadas 🥟
Savory empanadas stuffed with ground beef, black beans, veggies, and spices 💥
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a large skillet, add 2tbsp olive oil and sauté 1/2lb ground beef, 1 diced onion, 1 diced green pepper, 1 diced red pepper, 6 crushed garlic cloves, 1 can drained black beans, 1/3 cup tomato paste, salt, pepper, 1tbsp cumin, and 1tbsp paprika over medium high heat for 20 mins.
3. Let meat mixture cool slightly before placing in empanada dough.
4. Place about 2 spoonfuls in empanada dough (I used Goya empanada dough- found in the freezer section of grocery store).
5. Seal the edges of dough by pressing with a fork.
6. Bake on greased baking sheet for 15 mins.
Breakfast Squash Bowl 🍓
Acorn squash baked in butter and maple syrup, stuffed with yogurt, fruits, granola, and honey 🍯
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut the squash in half.
3. Remove all seeds until smooth on the inside.
4. Place face up in baking tray.
5. Add 1 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1tbsp maple syrup to each squash half.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until inside is soft when poked with a fork.
7. Stuff with Greek yogurt, fruits, and granola, then top with a drizzle of honey and cinnamon.
Shrimp Stuffed Spaghetti Squash 🍤
Baked spaghetti squash stuffed with shrimp, veggies, and cheeeese 🧀.
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Place spaghetti squash halves face down on greased baking tray and cook for 45 mins.
4. Cook 3 large diced tomatoes, 1 diced onion, 5 cloves crushed garlic, 1/2 cup tomato paste, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp paprika and 2 tbsp olive oil in a pot over medium high heat for 15 mins.
5. In the pot, crush tomatoes with wooden spoon and add 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves, 1/2 lb raw shrimp, and 1 cup sliced mushrooms.
6. Cook for 20 mins with lid on stirring occasionally.
7. Add 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese to sauce.
8. Place heaping spoonfuls of sauce into the cooked spaghetti squash boats.
Spicy Asian Cashew Chicken 🌶
Oven fried chicken in a spicy sriracha sauce!
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Slice 2 chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
3. Toss chicken pieces in egg wash and then panko breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 mins. Place cashew pieces on baking tray with chicken for the last 5-7 mins of cooking.
4. While chicken is baking, make sauce: in a saucepan combine 1tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup sriracha, 1/3 cup honey or brown sugar, 3 tbsp grated ginger, and 4 crushed garlic cloves. Simmer for about 10 mins until sauce is thickened.
5. Remove cooked chicken from oven and place into saucepan to combine with the sauce.
6. Once chicken is coated in sauce, serve over fluffy rice or salad.
Arroz Con Pollo with Chopped Maduros🍗
Fall off the bone tender chicken thighs cooked with rice and spices make this dish sooooo flavorful 😛 topped with chopped sweet plantains
Swipe➡️ for more goodness!
1. In a deep pot, sauté 1 chopped yellow onion, 1 chopped green bell pepper, and 4 crushed garlic cloves in 2 tbsp olive oil for about 4 mins.
2. Season 8 skinless chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and add to the pot. Cook for another 2-3 mins on both sides.
3. Add 2 cups rice, 4 cups water, and 1 can of drained crushed tomatoes to the pot.
4. Place lid on the pot and simmer for about 25 mins.
5. Remove lid and add 1 tbsp yellow seasoning or turmeric and 1/2 cup of green olives.
6. Cook for 15 more mins with the lid on.
Sweet plantains: chop up ripe plantains and cook them in oil over medium high heat for about 4-5 mins or until golden in color.
Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs 🍝
Possibly one of the most comforting meals that exists.... super cheesy spaghetti and meatballs 🧀
1. Make meatballs: combine 1/2lb ground beef, 1 cup panko, 2 eggs, 1 chopped small yellow onion, 4 crushed garlic cloves, salt, pepper, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Form into 1 inch sized meatballs.
2. Heat 2tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Add meatballs to skillet and cook about 3-4 mins each side.
4. Cook pasta according to directions, drain, and set aside.
5. Add cooked pasta and 4 cups pasta sauce to the meatballs in the skillet and mix around.
6. Set oven to broil on high.
7. Place 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese and chopped basil on top of pasta.
8. Broil in oven for about 2 mins or until cheese is totally melted and bubbly.
Cheesy Fried Plantain Quesadillas 💃🏻
Quesadillas filled with ground beef, crispy fried plantains, veggies and cheesy goodness! The crunchy fried plantains give these quesadillas the most delicious flavor.
1. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped red bell pepper, 1 chopped green pepper, 1/2 lb ground beef, 4 crushed garlic cloves, 1 can drained black beans, 1/3 cup tomato paste, salt, pepper, 1tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tbsp cumin, 1/2 tbsp paprika and 2 bay leaves.
2. Sautee for about 15-20 mins or until ground beef is cooked through.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Layer a regular taco sized flour tortilla with cheese, then meat mixture, then chopped fried plantains, and then cheese again. Place another flour tortilla on top of layers.
5. Place the quesadilla in a lightly greased skillet and cook on each side for about 2-3 mins over medium high heat. Be careful flipping quesadilla over. Make sure to use a large spatula when flipping and then hold the cool side of the quesadilla with your hand and lay it in the skillet gently.
6. Slice quesadillas into triangles and serve with desired toppings (lime, guacamole, sour cream).
French Toast Stack 🍓
Easy French toast that’s soft on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside 😛
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1tsbp cinnamon powder and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
2. Pour mixture over bread slices (I used about 10 slices of white bread) and refrigerate for about 15 mins.
3. Add 1tbsp butter to a skillet over medium high heat, and add a couple of toast slices to the skillet.
4. Cook for about 2-3 mins each side.
5. Continue to add butter and toast slices to the skillet until all slices are cooked. Top with desired toppings. I added chopped strawberries, maple syrup, and chocolate chips.
Fried Egg & Veggie Power Bowl 💪🏼
Super healthy and protein packed meal to keep you going through your day!
Quinoa, fried egg, sautéed spinach, sautéed sliced carrots, and baked plantains.
Topped with red pepper flakes, a spoonful of chimichurri, and chopped green onion.
Quick homemade chimichurri sauce:
Blend 1/2 cup parsley, 1/2 cup cilantro, 4 cloves crushed garlic, 2 tbsp lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Baked plantain recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Slice ripe plantain (skin should be black) into 1/2 in slices and toss in olive oil and salt.
3. Bake for 15 mins flipping halfway.
Spicy Garbanzo Creole 🌶
Yummy vegetarian option for meatless dinners!
1. Sauté 3 diced tomatoes, 1 diced onion, and 4 crushed garlic cloves in a skillet (I used a wok) for about 5 mins.
2. Add 1 can garbanzo beans to the pot along with 1 sliced green bell pepper, 3 tbsp tomato paste, 1-2 cups chicken broth (depending how thick you would like your sauce to be) or vegetable broth, 2 bay leaves, salt, pepper, 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or a couple tsp hot sauce), 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp paprika, and 1 tbsp chili powder.
3. Bring to a simmer for about 15 mins.
4. Serve with fluffy rice, avocado slices, and fresh cilantro.
Cinnamon Roll Caramelized Apple Bake! 🍏
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cut 2 tubes of refrigerated cinnamon rolls into cubes. Set icing aside.
3. Combine 4 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1tbsp cinnamon, and 1tsp vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
4. Chop 2 green apples into cubes and cook over medium high heat with 2 tbsp butter and 1 cup brown sugar for 10 minutes.
5. In a baking dish, layer chopped cinnamon rolls, pour milk mixture over cinnamon rolls, then add caramelized apples, and finally drizzle icing on top of apples.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
Garlicky Steak Sautee 👌🏼
Super simple sautéed steak over basmati rice! For a quick and easy weekday meal.
1. Season steak with worchestersire sauce, salt, and pepper.
2. Sauté strips of steak (I used 1lb flank steak) with one thinly sliced onion and 4-5 crushed garlic cloves in olive oil and 1/2 tbsp butter.
3. Serve over fluffy rice with chopped scallions.