Ok ok. Let’s be honest here. Who does not love brisket ? This bad boy hit the smoker for over 16 hours and was tenderized for an additional 8. Omg I can still taste it. Simple man move on this one salt pepper and cayenne. Knockout 👹
They say there is nothing better than leftover chili...I say there is nothing better than leftover brisket in chili and this one definitely did not disappoint. This hearty combination consisted of leftover smoked brrisket with some @lauras_lean hamburger and combination of green and red bell pepper, white onion, some @roteltomatoes chili fixin's blended with combination of three chili powders and topped with colby cheese, red onions and jalepenos. Let me know what you think and again appreciate all the support!
Follow me @bluetravelz 🌊🏄
Swipe left 👈 to see more pics of this fine dish
Oven Smoked Brisket- This brisket was kept in my fridge for 32 days, brined 4, glazed, dry rubbed, and thrown into the oven in my make-shift smoker for 12+ hours. Thankful for my education 💖 Here is the process:
1. Choose a marbled, whole brisket that has no indications holes in the cryovaced packaging. 2. VERY IMPORTANT: Look for a packing date- if yours does not have one, ask the butcher if they can give you the packing date off of the case it came it. You need this for wet aging.
3. Wet age your brisket refrigerated in the packing for 21-42 days- I did mine until I felt good about “the bend”. Wet aging is a process by which the enzymes in the meat break down connective tissue- there are a few great books on the subject. 3. Remove brisket and submerge completely in brine 4-7 days. *CAUTION* if using TCM in brine, do NOT add an acid- it can create a toxic gas. 4. Cover base of aluminum pan in wood chips+H2O and soak 2 hours. Coat the brisket with a glaze and then dry rub 5.Set oven to 225*F, lay brisket on rack just above smoke chips. Cover well with a foil tent or another pan and seal edges with foil. Use leave in thermometer. Cook in oven 1 hour per pound roughly, checking water in pan every 3-4 hours, until temp reaches 180*. You want the meat to hit 190-200*F which should happen with carry over. #processpics#smokedbrisket#ovensmoked#brisket#wetagedbeef#wetaged#cookwithlove#teachothers#shareknowledge
Go from zero to hero this thanksgiving. Leave the meats to the professionals, sleep in, don’t burn the house down, and take ALL the credit at no extra charge. Let’s do this y’all, together.
Link in our bio.
How would you like your steak done?
Rare - very red, cold center
Medium Rare - red, warm center
Medium - pink center
Medium Well - slightly pink center
Well done - fire-grilled throughout
Sit tight and your Steak is on their way! 🥩🔥
If you have followed me for any length of time you know I love doing brisket, and I mean I do a SERIOUS amount of brisket.
With all that brisket comes with a ton left over, so I usually vacuum seal it and throw it in the freezer for a raining day...and today was that day!
I took all the extra pieces of brisket I had which amounted to about 5 lbs and found some inspiration from @heygrillhey and threw these together for #smokedsunday
Here’s the ingredient list but it’s not like baking a cake so I encourage you to change the recipe for whatever you feel works best for you!
* 5 lbs or so of chopped brisket (I usually use the point)
* rub of your choice but make sure it’s same you used to cook the brisket (I like @meatchurch)
* 1 bottle bbq sauce
* 1 cup unfiltered Apple juice
* a large drizzle of honey over everything
* brown sugar sprinkled on top
* 2-3 tbsp butter chopped into pieces
Chop your brisket point and coat with rub and toss that into a basting pan with bbq sauce, brown sugar and a solid drizzle of honey
Cover with foil and smoke at 275 for 2 hours
After 2 hours remove foil and let the sauce get tacky after about 30 min
Pull off the smoker, stir once more and throw that sweet concoction onto buns, rice, or whatever carb you choose
Alright folks! This is the final push! I will be accepting thanksgiving orders until midnight November 17. I’ve posted the full menu of what it available below! Orders must be made and paid in full by the 17th! If you have questions feel free to call, text or email - Bitesbyalexcatering@gmail.com #bitesbyalexcatering#smoked#smokedsalmon#smokedbrisket#deepfriedturkey#smokedham#maryland#baltimore#cogic
Bites By Alex Thanksgiving and Christmas 2018 Holiday Menu
For any questions-call or text 410-989-6597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meats and Fish *Smoked Turkey (14-18lbs) *Deep Fried Turkey (14-18lbs) *Smoked Turkey Breast (8-13lbs) *Deep Fried Turkey Breast (8-13lbs)
Smoked Baby Back Ribs
Smoked Beef Back Ribs
Smoked Brisket whole packer or per pound
Whole Smoked Salmon Fillet
Candied Yams ½ pan (15-20 people) Full size pan (50-60 people)
Macaroni & Cheese ½ pan (15-20 people) Full size pan (50-60 people)
Macaroni & Cheese Bites
Seasoned Fresh String Beans ½ pan (15-20 people) Full size pan (50-60 people)
Seasoned Fresh Collard Greens ½ pan (15-20 people) Full size pan (50-60 people)
Fried Cabbage ½ pan (15-20 people) Full size pan (50-60 people)
Fried Golden Sweet Corn ½ pan (15-20 people) Full size pan (50-60 people)
Cornbread Stuffing ½ pan (15-20 people) Full size pan (50-60 people)
Crab Dip from scratch
Candied Bacon 10 strips
Homemade Yeast Rolls
Peach Cobbler (15-20 people) Full size pan (50-60 people) **Ask about the turkey special – how to save $20 off the cost of a turkey or turkey breast!**
With the weather being miserable this weekend, I decided to put the ole @traegergrills to work. Went with a long 18 hour smoke on the brisket and a little quicker method for the wings. The @meatchurch Honey Bacon BBQ and Hot Honey Hog rubs provided that extra touch and provided amazing flavor. #meatchurch#traegergrills#smokedbrisket#chickenwings