Ok so I bought these sunglasses Friday and the sun has yet to shine! Lol
I like the rain so I’m not complaining! I just thought when I saw these sunglasses:
“Wow! Those are glorious! If I bought them they would be the biggest pair of shades I’ve yet to own.” I tried them on and laughed at myself as I normally do when I look in the mirror..lol.
Anyways, the ladies at Torrid said I should get them. I said, well if anyone thinks they are ridiculous I shall point out their effectiveness at protecting 85% of my face from UV rays! Lol
I wear them with confidence so if anyone even thinks to judge my grasshopper like shades, I will just hold my head high because I find them to be glorious!
Annnnnnd!!!! When I showed them to Garrett he said “Hello Grandma Roberta!”
Referring to my amazing grandmother. She wore sunglasses this big when she was younger, I’ve seen pictures.
When he called me “Grandma Roberta” I decided that it made them even more glorious because I love her and she is my role model in life because of her love and faith in the good Lord Jesus.
So here they are. My glorious shades.
🌟 Sid Krofft caught wondering if I am a real threat or just a starstruck Sigmund Superfan 🌟
Swipe for my favorite pics of one of my favorite nights last year...
🌟 Opening night of the ‘Krofft Super Art Show’ at La La Land Gallery - Aug 2017
1. Me & Sid Krofft - I ran into him and my head exploded with glee! I was telling him how much Sigmund from Sigmund & The Sea Monsters means to me and how I wore a Sea Monster-style dress special for the night. I may have been a bit over-enthusiastic about it.
2. The reason I was there...My dear friend @thedonnymiller had his fantastic Dyna Girl piece in the show! Go check out his stuff, not only is he an amazing artist & true friend, he's also a delightful human!
3. Me & @cryptid_nature with @kiiarens glorious Sleestak. I am one-quarter Sleestak so this was an important moment for me & my ancestors.
4. A nicer one of me & Sid Krofft once I composed myself.
5. Me, my kinfolk & Donny with his Dyna Girl! ✨
6. My favorite piece in the show - Sigmund by @fuzzyvisionrecords - Sid Krofft told me he was the one that bought it! I thought about dueling him for it but then realized it should be his....
7. Witchypoo by @matthewebone This was incredible in real life, my picture does not do this painting justice at all!
8. Me mocking my kinfolk for being only one-eighth Sleestak. ✨
Happened to ask about #LandoftheLost at the library and they had it. I remember seeing some episodes in syndication one Summer. Now that I think of it, I think that because of the production value (which I bought into as a kid) and big sci-fi ideas (Larry Niven & Walter Koenig wrote episodes) there’s a through line from this to Doctor Who (I started with the 4th Doctor) for me. I’m eating a peanut butter & jelly sandwich and remembering better times. #Sleestak
@x.sleestak.x is doing a $250 tattoo giveaway.. Give him a follow, repost your favourite tattoo piece done by him and tag three friends for your chance to win.. (@converse_cons backpack included) @nutsandgutzz @sarajaade @mitchbarbertattoos
We've got a few candles left over from Son of Monsterpalooza. So if you missed it, here's your chance to grab some. Big, heavy candles...$40 each. Shipping charge depends on where you live. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
You might be "old af" (like me! Lol) if you can identify these things :) ever get served food from a carhop on roller skates? Every wear gogo boots? Can you identify the TV shows? Play Mystery Date with your sister and reject all of the dates except the guy in the tux? Know what a spirograph is? See a man walk on the moon on a black and white tv? Watch Dark Shadows with your dad because it was scary? Ever been in a theater with a "crying room"?
.what was up with those stamps anyway? I remember drawers full of the things.... but I can't recall what we ever received for turning them in 😂 .