The perfect cozy Sunday night stew. COD 🐟 and FIRE-ROASTED TOMATO 🍅 soup. This hearty fish stew is so flavorful and takes less than 20 minutes to make!
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
2/3 cup parsley, chopped
14 oz can of fire-roasted tomatoes
3 Tbsp tomato paste
8 oz clam juice
1/2 cup wine wine, sauvignon blanc works great
2 cups vegetable broth
2 large fillets of cod, cubed
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
[How it’s made]
1. Add the oil to a large dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, and parsley. Cook for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced.
3. Add the clam juice, white wine, broth, and fish. Bring to a boil and simmer until the fish is flakey and cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the oregano, thyme, red pepper, and generously season with salt and pepper. Simmer for another minute and enjoy!
Inspired by a @simplyrecipes dish.
Fusilli Carbonara Simple
Ini resep favorit keluarga.
Selain rasanya enak, buatnya juga simple.
Pastanya bisa diganti bentuk yang lain seperti spaghetti, fettuccini..
Hamnya juga bisa diganti kornet, daging ayam.. 😋
Resep uda tayang di Cookpad saya
Yuk mari tinggal klik link bio ☝️
Happy Cooking 🍳
Recipe Good for Longevity - Avocado Canape
Do you eat avocado often?
As you know, avocado is the world's best nutritional fruit, and it contains a lot of vitamin E, potassium, folic acid, dietary fiber and so on. Its dietary fiber content is about twice that of the kiwi fruit.
Avocado lowers blood pressure, blood glucose level and normalizes cholesterol value.
It also prevents heart disease, stroke, anemia and is also good for bone formation.
Avocado canape is easy to make because it only requires mixing avocado and soy sauce together.
Avocado canape Recipe URL: http://j-simplerecipes.com/recipes_metric/fingerfood/avocado-canape.html
Hello beautiful people👋🏾 Here’s another plate of food I made and eat every once in a while👩🏾🍳, especially if I want something fast and satisfying🤤. This really hits the spot!❤️ Rice, wilted spinach and sweet and spicy shrimp.🍤🍚🌱
This takes less than an hour to make!⏰
- start the rice
- while the rice is cooking prepare onion, garlic and ginger. (Onion alwaysss makes me cry when I’m cutting it up😂 I learned if you put it in the freezer for a few minutes it’s not as bad😅) Add onion and garlic to a skillet with sesame oil.
- while that’s working, prep the shrimp (if you’re using uncooked)
- once you’re done add it to the onion and garlic in the skillet.
- season as you like. I use salt, pepper, 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce, a few squeezes of sriracha, a dollop of honey and then I add the ginger.
- let it all cook and get everything to mix and mingle really well.😋
- enjoy! 🤗
Why is writing about food different from other types of writing? Likely because it focuses on our senses and the pleasure we get from enjoying food. However, it's so easy to fall into the trap of over-describing food when it comes to writing about it. Under-describing can be just as much of a problem. Saying it's "delicious" or "yummy" tells the reader absolutely nothing about what you're about to eat. Using lots of adjectives is the crack of food writing, but it actually weakens what you're trying to say.
Oh trust me I'm guilty of all the bad habits when it comes to writing and describing food. "It's amazing" and "delicious to the last bite" are my favorite and constant failures when it comes to describing something I loved. What I really want to tell you are any nostalgic effects I feel towards a certain dish or how the skillet popped and crackled when the bacon hit the pan. I want to slow down and describe the action of slicing into a salt-crusted prime rib or biting into a crunchy cookie. It's a challenging task and I often don't have the patience for it.
I do have my own list of pet peeves when it comes to the way things are described on menus For example, "market" anything. "Market Vegetable Salad" ~ did you perhaps get this at the market? Or using the word "duo" as in a "duo of beef". What is that?. And the most annoying way to describe food could possibly be the lack of words on trendy menus, where they just list the ingredients...razor clam....shiso, daikon, soy...what the heck am I ordering here? I guess I shouldn't let it bother me. I'm no better, since I would just say "amazing razor clams"...eat them! 😃
One day, when I'm patient enough, I'll tell you about this Old-Fashioned, Buttery Golden Yellow Almond Pound Cake that's just as moist and dense as your Grandma used to make. Until then, grab the recipe from the link in my profile @NoblePig or go here: https://noblepig.com/2014/02/buttery-almond-glaze/
#sauce : saute pasilla chiles and a tiny amount of finely chopped onion until browned. Simmer tomatillos until soft. Let cool and add to blender. Add a scoop of sour cream, finely chopped cilantro, juice of a lime, a dash of garlic powder, a dash of salt, and some vinegar. Blend until smooth-ish.
#filling : salt, pepper, and sear pork loin. Cut into small pieces. Add tightly packed to a pot. Add beer (Stone Arrogant Bastard here), some water, a lot of bay leave, some mild dried chile powder (California chile here), salt, pepper, olive oil, and the juice of an orange. Simmer for at least 4 hours. In a skillet, sautee onions and peppers.
#enchiladas : spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Warm flour tortillas on a skillet until bubbles start to form. Quickly remove from heat, insert filling, a little bit of cheese (cheddar jack here), and roll tight. Place snugly in baking dish. Top with sauce and an ample amount of cheese. Bake at 400 for 22 minutes.
Mom’s homemade chicken soup ❤️ Simplest. Soup. Ever.
How to make it:
1. Bake 3 salted chicken legs with the bones in on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper until golden in colour at 400 degrees F.
2. While the chicken bakes, chop celery, carrots, onion & garlic. In a dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat, sweat the onions and garlic with some butter and a bit of olive oil and salt. Add in garlic and the rest of the veggies after about 2 mins. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until everything starts to smell nice.
3. Take the chicken out, throw it all in the dutch oven and add as much water into the pot as you can. Cover and let sit at low-med heat for about 1-2 hrs depending when the chicken becomes soft enough that it falls right off the bones. Add in a can of corn or fresh corn too!
3. Optional: add enoki mushrooms at this point! So yummy and give it great texture and more earthy flavour.
4. Fish allll bones out of the pot! Use any utensil that you like best for this, I used 2 forks.
5. Squeeze a half of a lemon in and add salt to taste.
6. Serve warm to your loved ones or yourself who need a warm hug! My sweet mum came over and made this for me a few days ago. I’ve had half in the fridge and half in the freezer for later weeks.
2 Minute Microwave Vanilla Mug Cake
• 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour / Maida • ½ tsp Baking Powder • 2 tbsp Sugar • ½ tbsp Oil or Melted Butter • 4 tbsp Milk • ¼ tsp Vanilla Essence • Salt a pinch
• few gems for garnishing
• Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
• Pour it into a microwave safe coffee mug.
• Microwave on high power for 2 minutes.
• Remove it and let it stand for a min.
• Top with gems and serve.
Red Sauce Pasta
• 1 ½ cup pasta
• 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
• 1 ½ cup ripe tomatoes • 2-4 chopped garlic cloves
• Salt as per taste
• ½ tsp red chilli flakes
• 1 tsp oregano
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• In a large pot, bring water to boil. Cook pasta with salt and little oil.
• Drain off and rinse them. Drain in a colander and set aside.
• Make tomato puree in a blender.
• Heat pan with oil. Fry garlic and chilli flakes.
• Add onions and sauté until golden.
• Pour the puree and add salt.
• Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Check the consistency.
• Add oregano. Switch off stove and add pasta. Mix well.
• Serve hot pasta in red sauce.
Servings: 2 (inspired by indianhealthyrecipes)
Originally posted by @deliciouslyella
My perfect hiding from the rain meal, our lentil, apricot dahl with cauliflower, spinach, coconut milk and all the arming spices 🌱 Recipe in the orange chapter of The Cookbook, which is the dream selection of recipes for this kind of weather - hearty, comforting and so flavoursome ✨
Green Moong Rava Appe
• 1/2 cup Whole green moong
• 1/2 cup Rava • 1/2" piece Ginger
• 1 Green chilli
• 1/2 cup or more Chopped coriander leaves
• 3 tbsp Curd • 1 tsp Eno fruit salt
• 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
• salt according to taste
• 1 tsp Lemon juice
• Soak the whole green moong overnight in enough water.
• Next morning grind the lentil with ginger, green chilly and coriander into a smooth paste. Add just enough water for grinding the paste.
• Mix the ground lentil mixture with rava/ semolina, curd, salt and asafoetida. Add more curd if necessary to get the idli batter consistency.
• Cover it and leave it aside for 15 mins
• Now heat an appe/paniyaram pan with little oil in each slot. Let it heat up a little before your pour the batter.
• When you are ready to make the appe, add the eno fruit salt to the batter along with the lemon juice. Mix well. You will see it frothing up.
• Slowly take it out and transfer to a plate lined with absorbent paper.
• Serve warm with a chutney or sauce.
Inspired By: veenasvegnation
• 1 ½ cup wheat flour
• 1 ½ cup cabbage chopped
• ½ inch ginger
• 1 green chilli
• a pinch turmeric powder
• a pinch hing
• 1 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tsp coriander powder
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp kasuri methi
• Salt according to taste
• Handful coriander leaves
• 2 tbsp ghee
• Oil for roasting
• Chop cabbage, ginger and green chilli finely in a chopper.
• Mix wheat flour and all spices in a large bowl.
• Now add cabbage mixture, salt, ghee and chopped coriander leaves in it.
• Start kneading with hands. Add little water if required.
• Let it rest for 15 minutes.
• Divide dough into 10 equal balls and roll into chapati size circle.
• Heat the tawa on medium flame. Once hot, place the paratha.
• While cooking both sides apply oil to the paratha.
• Serve with pickle or yogurt or tomato sauce.
Inspired by: spiceupthecurry
Topping overload or the perfect amount?! I say perfect amount 😎💃🏼 Starting off this Sunday funday ☀️ with a workout + this green goddess smoothie I made using frozen banana 🍌, frozen cauli, coconut 🥥 almond milk, a dash of spirulina, frozen berries, collagen powder, cocoa nibs 🍫, hemp hearts & a PB drizzle 🥜👌🏼 Hope you guys are having an amazing weekend! 💗
J'ai enfin posté ma 1ère recette sur ma chaine YouTube : GotCanCook !
Lien dans ma bio.
J'espère qu'elle va vous plaire car il y en aura d'autres !
N'hésitez pas à partager/liker ! Votre soutien compte beaucoup pour moi et j'attends également vos critiques afin de m'améliorer.👨🍳
N'hésitez pas à me tagger sur vos réalisations ! Finally I just released my 1st cooking video on my YouTube channel : GotCanCook.
Link in the bio.
I hope you guys will like it and I'm waiting for your feedback to improve the next ones. Thanks for sharing!👨🍳 Do not hesitate to ask questions.
Who loves a Good Breakfast Sandwich🙌🏻 2eggs whisked by fork, w spinach &freshly ground pepper
Add to non stick omelette pan over low heat.
Cook until edges firm and flip! Add 1/4 cup or less of your favorite cheese(I used mozzarella today!) to one side of omelette.
Gently fold over. After about 30 seconds, flip. You’re just melting the cheese at this point.
Use spatula to quickly slice in half, put both pieces onto slightly buttered whole grain toast, add 2 slices tomatoes w touch of sea salt. Top w 2nd slightly buttered toast.
Posted by @cikgugarang.academyHaritu ada gathering family cikgu masak Sambal Sotong Petai. Pehhh bertambah nasi. Dengan ada ibu sambal ni kejap je. Dah boleh masak untuk menu lain. Tak renyah aih 😁
KELAS NASI LEMAK POWER
Tarikh: 22 September 2018 ( Sabtu )
Fees: RM300 ( deposit RM100 )
Masa: 10 pagi hingga 2 petang
Tempat: Cikgu Garang Academy ( Seksyen 28, Shah Alam)
Bagi peserta yang beri sepenuh komitmen & bayar deposit kelas AWAL, SELEWATNYA DUA HARI SEBELUM TARIKH CLASS, anda akan membawa pulang sijil penyertaan 😁
Yang akan dipelajari
• Nasi Lemak Tanak
• Nasi Lemak Kukus
IBU SAMBAL POWER
• Sambal Bilis
• Sambal Sotong
• Sambal Udang
• Sambal Kerang
• Rendang Ayam Ekspres
• Ayam Goreng Berempah Merecik
Tips perniagaan yang power akan di kongsi dalam kelas nanti
BELAJAR DARI TOKEY NASI LEMAK
Para peniaga yg bercadang membuat bisnes nasi lemak di jemput hadir 📲 0196647769 (Along)
Tadi pagi ke pasar ada yang inisiatif beli ikan kue. Terus minta dibuatin steam fish... hmmm, ibuk belum pernah masak ikan kue kukus. Dagingnya merah dan tebal. Kalo ibuk lebih suka ikan kue goreng. Tapi karena ini request si Papap, maka boleh lah ya #berbagiresep dan posting masakan lagi... #alhamdulillah enak dan daging ikannya gak hancur.
1ekor ikan kue (1kg - potong 5 bagian)
1 batang daun bawang (iris halus memanjang)
Jahe 5 cm (iris memanjang)
6 bh bawang putih (cincang kasar)
2 bh jeruk nipis (ambil airnya)
secukupnya gula pasir
5 sdm Kikkoman
2 sdm kecap asin Lee Kum Kee
3 sdm olive oil
1 sdm minyak wijen
Mari memasak :
* Bersihkan ikan, rendam dengan air jeruk nipis + garam selama 5 menit *Cuci kembali ikan, siapkan kukusan. Letakkan ikan dalam wadah tahan panas yang telah dialasi sebagian irisan jahe, bawang putih dan daun bawang. Taburkan sisa jahe, bawang putih dan daun bawang di atasnya. Kukus selama 20-25 menit. *Angkat ikan, susun di piring/mangkuk saji. Taburi sebagian lagi jahe, bawang putih, dan daun bawang. *Untuk saus : rebus air kaldu ikan (yg keluar saat mengukus ikan, saring rempahnya) + air putih sedikit saja + Kikkoman + Lee Kum Kee + gula pasir. Setelah mendidih, siram ke atas ikan. *Terakhir panaskan minyak goreng + minyak wijen. Siram keatas ikan (seperti si Papap :”gini Yang...?”) . #steamfish#steamfishhongkongstyle#ikansteamhongkong#reseprumahan#homecooking#inmykitchen#homemaderecipe#simplerecipe#recipetesting#simplecooking#eatathome#olahanikan#olahanikanlaut#lunchideas#makeitdelicious#lunchtime#rumahwirasonjaya
Beda cahaya matahari sore selisih 15 menit pun tampak berbeda jauh hasil fotonya. Konsisten dengan menu ikan, kali ini ada perkedel ikan dan ikan goreng. Bedanya kalau di marinade dulu meski minyaknya sedikit lalu daging ikannya tebal setelah digoreng tetap kering diluar dan lembut di dalam. Disajikan dengan sambal dabu dabu, sayur asem dan lalapan pas banget lah rasanya
Mencoba ikan yang lama sekali dilupakan, nyaris semua ikan segar dirumah kami jarang bersahabat. Ikan asin yang selalu best friend forever🐟🐟. Tapi tidak ada kata terlambat untuk kembali menjadikan ikan segar sebagai hidangan utama
Jenis Ikan ini ikan salem namanya, dagingnya banyak dan sedikit duri. Dagingnya bisa digunakan untuk olahan batagor siomay dan hidangan lainnya yg membutuhkan daging ikan cincang. Rasanya gurih dan yang pasti harganya jauh lebih murah dibanding ikan tongkol putih atau tenggiri.
Sweet potato and mushroom risotto with Parmesan and thyme by @marleyspoonau
INGREDIENTS: 🔸1 leek, chopped 🔸1 garlic clove, finely chopped 🔸3 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed 🔸200 for Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced 🔸1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes 🔸 2 cups vegetable stock 🔸150g aborio rice 🔸50g parmesan 🔸70g baby spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Scatter the sweet potato onto the tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
2. Heat up a saucepan with olive oil and cook the mushrooms for 3 minutes. Add half the garlic and half the thyme leaves, cooking for a further 2 minutes. Season with salt and transfer to a bowl.
3. In the same pan, add some more olive oil and cook the leek, remaining garlic and thyme and stir for 4-5 minutes until the leek softens. Add the rice and stir until the grains are coated and translucent.
4. Add the stock, one cup at a time and stir occasionally allowing the stock to absorb before adding the next cupful. Continue adding stock until the rice is al dente and the risotto is creamy. Add extra boiling water if needed.
5. Add the spinach and mushrooms into the risotto and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the spinach wilts. Add the sweet potato and Parmesan. Enjoy!
It's Sunday morning and everybody is asking for their favourite breakfast..My daughter wants a toast with scrambled eggs, my son is requesting "Bounty porridge" (porridge with coconut and dark chocolate on top), my husband's oats and chia pudding had been fortunately prepared the previous night..and when everybody is at last satisfied, it's time for my favourite Sunday breakfast: avocado on roasted bread with poached egg...🥑🍳❤️ #sundaymood#avotoast#healthybreakfast#familycooking#wholefood#simplerecipe#vegetariano#poachedegg