Finally remembered that Marrickville markets were on🙄😄. Was lucky enough to get @thatveganlady last slice of her famous zucchini chocolate cake (yaasss it was meeee!🤗) and my fav @universalfinefoods smoked sicilian olives were there!! Had a vegan toastie and fresh juice for lunch, so yummy!! 🥪🥤
Can't wait to try my goodies from @mattyshealthypizzabases and @gogovegopasta!!🍕🍝
Jamie’s Italian London Bridge this is one of the specials of the day. Pan fried sustainable fillet of cod, served on warm potato and cauliflower salad with cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, mint, red onions, capers, olives. And to finish off little fillets of Sicilian anchovies oh my my taste so good #sustainablecod#sicilianolives#jamiesitalianlondonbridge#oregano#redonions
This one is for the kids........
An absolute staple in our household and the base to so many other meals..... Swipe across
RECIPE: Chicken soup with pasta!
15 minute dinner. Serves 3-4
1. 500ml of chicken broth (recipe below) with 1 1/2 cups of pearl pasta. Cook pasta in salted boiling water for time on packet, drain then add to the hot chicken broth.
Serve with grated parmesan.
Pasta size I use is 72 and its peperina. Smaller than risoni pasta.
RECIPE: chicken stock
1 whole chicken
2 onion - chopped into quarter's
3 carrots - chopped roughly
4 celery stalk's - chopped roughly
2 garlic cloves - peeled whole
1 potato - peeled and cut in half
1 teaspoon tomato paste
3 bay leaves - fresh
1 tablespoon of salt
1. In a large saucepan, put 2 tablespoon's of olive oil or ghee and put in onion's, carrot's, celery and garlic. Stir for 5 minutes and then add the whole chicken, bay leaves, potato and tomato paste. Add 7 litres of water, put lid on and bring to the boil. Then bring down to a simmer with lid half off. Simmer for 2.5 - 3 hours.
2. Let cool, use a sieve to separate liquid to the vegetables and shred chicken. Decanter liquid and shredded chicken into container's. Will last frozen up to 6 months.
We are excited to have @fratellicolletti join us this Sunday! |
Fratelli Colletti is an independent family owned and operated business that produces and imports an exceptional olive oil from Caltabellotta, Sicily, featuring olives grown on Colleti family land. You won’t want to miss them!
Jamie’s Italian Covent Garden, West End and this is another special of the day - our own homemade tagliolini with fresh sustainable yellowfin tuna and red and yellow peppers, courgettes, Sicilian olives with a little chilli and lots of love - ohhhh my my, tastes so good! #tagliolini#sicilianolives#yellowfintuna#jamiesitalianuk
Sunday evening already! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!? .
My quick Sunday dinner usually involves a one dish dinner with my favourite cut of chicken. This one has chorizo, kale, Sicilian olives and served with my coriander pesto that I keep in the freezer in ice cube trays!! Always on hand for a big burst of flavour 🙌🏽
RECIPE: Chicken with chorizo and Sicilian olives - serves 5
5 chicken thigh chops (thighs on the bone)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion - 5 slices in circles
1 leek - white part only and sliced
1 chorizo - sliced
1 cup of marinated Sicilian olives (marinate in orange juice + zest, garlic and fresh thyme - great on a cheese platter)
2 garlic cloves - crushed
2 tablespoon of sherry vinegar
1/2 cup of water
salt and pepper
3 stalks kale - leaves torn off and discard stalk
serve with my coriander pesto.
1. Preheat oven at 180C and get a baking tray 25 x 30 cm
2. Spread 2 tablespoons of olive oil onto baking tray and add the onion slices. Place chicken on top of each onion slice then add leek, chorizo, olives, garlic, vinegar and water with salt and pepper.
3. Cover with foil and put into the oven for 45 minutes. Take off foil and put in for another 15 minutes.
4. The chicken skin will be crisp and golden brown. Add the torn kale and insert between chicken. Put into the oven for 5 minutes for crisp kale or leave raw. It will wilt a little with the juices from the pan when you serve.
Serve with brown rice and my coriander pesto.
RECIPE: Coriander pesto - makes 1.5 - 2 cups
2 bunch’s of coriander
1/2 or 1 small birds eye chilli - seeds out
1 lime juice and zest
1 cup of cashew nuts roasted (let cool before you blitz them up with other ingredients)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender to the desired consistency.