A 2013 memory
One of my best beautiful memories that always pushes me forward to learn and standup whenever I fall.. Always remember;
Whenever you feel upset of something, whenever you get disappointed and whenever you fail.... remind yourself with the best achievement that you achieved in your life, remember how happy you were and think about how successful person you are for doing such an amazing thing while alot of people are still wishing it.. Always patience and learning are the keys to jump into the next level
Guys, here is one of my best memories, as much as I had hard days, this memory worth all those days... Especially that these crazy guys were the reason to make it happen.. and were the most important part of this memory, Our film crew🎬:
@mutahirmirza @omaralia047 @cihat_ballikaya
And always remember guys, we make amazing things when we are together... just to remind you how talented you are
And I miss you all 💙💙💙
Here’s the well deserved applause Nikki Wells, aka @turyamusic received at the debut performance of her wonderful album Ocean. It was fantastic to work with a female composer on Approval Needed, and let’s also give a big round of applause to all the other amazing women who made up our team, including theses and more: @kazanstee @majabiton @gabicamera @editortrace @beccimapes @yvanneteo @arinder007 @swingchick @thefarmgroup #womeninfilm#indiefilm#shortfilm#directedbywomen#reclaimtheframe#womenonamission @festivalformula #lovefilm @wftv_uk @directors_uk
a little #waybackwednesday to the first short I ever made. summer of 2015. divorce is messy - am I right ladies? soph at twenty years old thought she was realllll cool and brooding.
also, everyone must follow @officialfoxyart. her friendship and creativity has inspired me since the day she agreed to act for me 💜
Me presento al concuros de @culturainquieta #veranoen60
Para votarlo y ayudar al proyecto LINK IN BIO⤴️ Es una historia sobre el verano a través de unos ojos, los de mi padre.
Hablamos con su jefe, convencimos a los almacenes y me subí a la cabina a grabarle trabajando.
Éste es su último verano en la cabina, después de 17 años naciendo todos los días ante la inmensidad de las carreteras de Europa.
Le queda muy poco para recordar qué son las vacaciones, el descanso.
GRACIAS A LA ENERGÍA DE LA VIDA POR TRÉRMELO A CASA, A TODOS LOS QUE OS HABÉIS EMOCIONADO CON LA HISTORIA Y A @supercosmica Y @rubio_druida POR DARLE CALOR AL PROYECTO COMO NADIE MÁS SABRÍA.
A little while ago, director @ritaferrando was interviewed by Berlin-based magazine Women Cinemakers. The special edition has a lovely section about the score. Many thanks to Women Cinemakers for sharing this project and discussing the music. "Marked with captivating minimalistic quality, the soundtrack by Kaiya Cade provides the footage of Midnights with such an enigmatic, unsettling atmosphere."
This was a fun one! Written by @tiny.dingo and starring @cripplingerection (not to mention boom op and gaffer @miguelalexzavala), this project came together beautifully. Glad to work with another talented and fun crew.
Here's the link: https://vimeo.com/285017301
1. Audio is bad...and audio is KING.
It is a psychological fact that people will tolerate questionable visuals with good, fitting sound design but not the other way around. We need to hear your actors, the environment, a choreography of what we see intertwined with sound.
Music reflects not only our inner feelings, but has a way of representing our intentions. Film is light AND sound...if not then it would be called, you know, photography. .
2. Ineffectual viewer engagement. The viewer has to CARE within seconds about your story. i.e a poor script: poor film grammar, poor casting
are top ways to totally destroy your chances at having a potential audience. .
3. It's cliche or over-done. If everyone and their Uncle Bob is producing content in the same style with the same lame fx, transitions, pop culture references, filters, sound bytes which you are, then your masterpiece can have no present value. Law of simple economics.
4. You think its "tha bomb". Remember, guns don't kill people, EGO, INSECURITY AND MADNESS kills people...and your art will die an unnecessary death as well if you become too proud of it. Always accept and respect OBJECTIVE critiques, insights and opinions. If you don't you're crazy.
5. Your Production Design is boring .i.e a) your location(s) are uninteresting b) you aren't applying proper lighting c) shots have no visual depth or texture.
6. Audio is bad. (I know I mentioned this but I just feel that it is such a crucial concern that I would mention it again.😁)
Just remember that sound in general is an aural cue to what is happening in the world around us and each frequency, in various contexts, offer us a way to interpret said world. Get your sound right.
🎬📽👊P.s. The photo is of my back deck taken during the rains.