A Miffy e os seus amigos estão a fazer sucesso! Feitas à mão em algodão, com materiais seguros para estarem em contacto com crianças e bebés.❤ Estão disponíveis na loja física através de uma pareceria com a @anabanana.com.pt 🍌 📸repost @justdutch_
Looking for the perfect Christmas present for little ones? With our H2Origami collection we donate profits to @oceana organization, who cleans oceans & biodiversity around the globe 🌍 These safe and natural toys are the answer to the gift your looking for! 🎁🎁🎁 #h2origami#savetheplanet#christmas
As a mom I have realized that I love toys now just as much as I did when I was a kid. I have really enjoyed buying toys for Oliver, and playing with him even more so. I’ve chosen to avoid plastic toys and electronic toys as much as possible. I’ve found great sources for beautiful, wooden, safe, and educational toys such as @bellalunatoys and @smilingtreetoys. Oliver prefers anything that requires assembly and is really into cars. He hugs and kisses stuffed animals with genuine affection and is mesmerized by puppets. Sadly, he’s starting to outgrow some of these toys and I’m so not ready to let them go. A keepsake box is not going to cut it, I’m going to need a storage facility 🙈 #momlife#butalso#foreverakid#woodentoys#waldorftoys#safetoys#babytoys#toysfordays#smilingtreetoys#beautifultoys#madeingermany#keepsake#theygrowupsofast#hoarder
When purchasing toys for children, it is important to consider several safety factors. Toys should be age-appropriate, well-constructed, durable, and suited for each particular child’s physical, mental and social capabilities. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) sets mandatory toy safety regulations, as follows:
• Electrical toys shouldn’t have shock or thermal hazards. • Toys shouldn’t contain toxic materials.
• Toy paint should not contain traces of lead. • Art materials used by children under 12 should be non-hazardous.
• Latex toys, games and balloons must contain warning labels regarding the choking and suffocation hazards.
From our Women’s Issues chair: December is National Safe Toys and Gifts Month. The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission has many recommendations for keeping the holidays safe. Not all toys are appropriate for all children, it is important to read toy labels and buy for appropriate ages: children under 3 cannot have small parts because they could cause a choking hazard and children under 8 years cannot have sharp points or edges.
The most common types of eye injuries that occur from toys can be anything from a scratch on the cornea (the front surface of the eye) to very serious injuries that can threaten vision such as traumatic cataracts, corneal ulcers, bleeding inside the eye and retinal detachment.
Most of these injuries can be prevented by taking the proper measures to evaluate the safety of gifts before they are purchased and to supervise children during any play with toys that could have the potential to cause damage or harm.
⠀ This. The face of one of four of my kids who were not happy when I said no to #squishies or any toy like them. 👎
You see, these toys are marketed to kids as Stress Balls on steroids. Little trendy, rubber shelled foam toys in the shape of food or other delightful things. They are often artificially scented, which makes them even more appealing. 👧🏻🧒🏼
So when my kids each begged 🙏🙏🙏me for one, I told them I loved them too much to bring those toys into our homes. Right there in the store, the artificial cupcake smell was pretty rank. The toxins were just pouring out of those things. Whatever chemicals had created that fragrance were free to be breathed in by innocent kiddos and seep into their bloodstream from the direct contact with their skin.
When I got home, I wanted to confirm my suspicions so I googled 💻the popular toys and found that because of the harmful chemicals found in these things, they have been banned in Denmark.
Chemicals like dimethylformamide, styrene and, toluene have been found in high concentrations...and those chemicals ☠️are known to impair fertility, act as carcinogens (aka cancer causers), cause liver damage, and irritate the mucous membrane.
Friends, we are the gatekeepers of our homes. It’s up to us to protect these little people. If something smells like something it’s not, it’s more than likely a health hazard. The only thing that should smell like a cupcake...is a 🎂cupcake.
So, even if your kids tease you the whole way home, and accuse everything you touch for the rest of the day of being “toxic” (with air quotes from all of them), it’s worth it to just say no. ❌
Top Tips for Choosing Safe Toys this Christmas 🎄🎁👁🎅 With Christmas just around the corner, one thing to remember when buying toys for a child is eye safety. Although no one selects gifts with the intent to harm, some popular children's toys can cause serious injuries. Every year thousands of children sustain physical eye injuries from sports, recreational activities and toys. However, most cases are preventable by taking the following precautions:
1. Avoid purchasing toys with sharp protruding or projectile parts. Some propelling toys like airsoft guns, arrows, BB guns, paintball guns and darts can be particularly hazardous, with the potential to cause serious eye injuries.
2. Check labels for age recommendations and be sure to select gifts that are appropriate for the recipient child's age and maturity.
3. Make sure children have appropriate supervision when playing with potentially hazardous toys or games that could cause an eye injury.
4. Avoid toys with laser lights. However, if you do purchase a toy with a laser feature, make sure that the laser light is below five mW. Additionally, it is important to teach your child the dangers of laser pointers and that they are not to be pointed at the eyes.
5. Along with sports equipment, give children the appropriate protective eyewear. For example:
-Soccer: eye guards
-Baseball: sturdy plastic or polycarbonate face guard, along with goggles or eye guards.
-Hockey: polycarbonate or wire mask
-Tennis or racquetball: goggles
-Cycling: goggles or sun glasses
6. If your child experiences an eye injury from a toy, seek immediate medical attention from an ophthalmologist.
Christmas is a joyous time for many families, and gift-giving is one way we express love and gratitude for one another. It's always fun and gratifying to see a child's face light up when they receive an exciting new toy, and if you follow these tips you will feel secure knowing that you have given them the gift of safety as well.
Sheep 🐑 ⠀ ⬇️ENGL⬇️
Все игрушки сшиты из натуральных хлопковых тканей премиум класса, которые безопасны для детей. Все материалы гипоалергенны.
Наполнитель- полиэстер премиум класса (не накапливает пылевых клещей и не впитывает влагу).
▶️ Размер 28 см
- руки, ноги и тело- вельбо на хлопковой основе
- лицо- лен, расписано красками для текстиля
- ленты- шелк
- наполнитель- полиэстер премиум класса.
▶️Ручная стирка 30°C.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⬇️⬇️⬇️ ENG ⬇️⬇️⬇️
⠀ ⠀ ⠀
All toys are made from high quality materials, organic fabrics, that’s why you can be absolutely sure they will not harm your child. All materials are hypoallergenic.
The toy is filled with premium class polyester, which does not absorb moisture. The toy does not accumulate dust mites - it can be washed often. ⠀ ▶️Dimensions-11 inches (28 cm).
- arms ,legs, body - velour based on a premium class produced in the South Korea
- face- linen ( the face is painted by hand with the edges for the textile)
- ribbons - silk - filler - premium class polyester.
▶️Handwash 30°C (86°F)