Ok here it goes: My pitch to vote Calgary for @ourmakerlife .
Calgary is one of the options for the #OML get together for 2019 and I’m DYING to show off my city. I was born and raised here, and I think it’s one of the best cities in the world (it’s also voted 11 in the WORLD for cleanliness PS!). So here’s 5 reasons why I think you should vote Calgary:
1) Mountains Gandalf - the Rocky Mountains are less than 45 minutes away from my city. And guess what? You DON’T need a car to get there. There’s a shuttle that is $10CAN (that’s $7 US) to get to Banff National Park. If you google one thing PLEASE let it be #banff ... or #morainelake ... or #lakelouise (pictured!) It’s gorgeous (and our peaks are way better than Denver’s 😉)
2) The best yarn stores. Have you heard of @stashlounge ? Well you need to, because it’s HUGE. They specialize is soft AF chunky yarn, and every other yarn too 😉. There’s also @villekullahandmade , @puddingyarn , @ginabrownscalgary , @theloopkensington , @yarn_twisters , @theknittingroom , @willownwool - and a few more not on insta
3) The CANADIAN DOLLAR! If you’re from the States this one you’ll want to def pay attention to: The Canadian dollar is not doing well, so as an American as soon as you step off the plane you are legit RICHER. Like... 30% richer. $100USD = $130 CAN, $200 USD = $260 CAN, $300 = $390 CAN. That is like...1-3 extra high end skeins you can get for FREE with your spending money.
4) The local fibre scene. Did you know that all the people tagged in this post LIVE in Calgary or our sister city Edmonton (a few hours away)?
5) 21 amazing micro breweries. None of this watered down crap beer, we Canadians like it STRONG. We have over 21 micro-breweries here, and almost all of them have wicked set ups and restaurants to chill at! And hey - if weed is your jam, we literally just legalized our WHOLE COUNTRY.
I know there’s a lot of people humming and hawing because Denver & Calgary are similar, but trust me, your money goes farther here, OML has already been in the states 2 times verses Canada, and our beer blows American beer away BY FAR. Please vote Calgary in the @ourmakerlife poll -you can go to their link in bio to vote!
A bull elk wasn’t in the cards this time, but I’m grateful for the blessings of good friends, the challenges of the hunt, the nourishment sister elk will provide my family and the great bounty the Lord and this great country provide...#elk#elkhunting#hunting#tikkat3#rockymountains
•⛰✨☁️ • Sea of Sand •
Was an absolute no-brainer to hop right on the plane when I got invited to come re-explore my favorite country in the world.
Just docked in Raja Ampat gearing up to shoot the milky way and some bioluminescent plankton alongside , and . I’m running on 4 hours of sleep over the last 3 days but I couldn’t be anymore stoked.
Big thanks to for making this adventure happen.
Stay Adventurous Dear Friends!! From @karl_shakur
Use the tag #hiking_my_life to shoutout your pic
Don't forget to follow:➡ @hiking_warrior -------------------------------------------------