🌶Spicy Asian Rice Noodle Soup
Why not introduce some more spice into your life?
Capsaicin, found in hot peppers, recruits our brown adipose tissue which activates the burning of fat (Nutritionfacts.org, 2015). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 tbsp olive oil
100 g shimeji mushrooms
150 g finely sliced lengthways king oyster mushrooms
2 tbsp sliced fresh chives
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
1 tbsp finely chopped red chilli
Several turns of black pepper
1 litre allergy free, vegetable stock
1 finely chopped red bell pepper
1 chopped head of pak choi
2 finely sliced spring onions
150 g frozen peas
1 nest of gluten-free rice noodles (around 60 g)
1. Heat the olive oil and fresh chives in large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the king oyster mushrooms, cook for 3 minutes - stir frequently. Throw in the shimeji mushrooms, cook for 4 minutes. Set aside and cover - to keep them warm.
2. Add 1 litre allergy-free vegetable stock, the garlic, ginger, chilli and black pepper in to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Add the red bell pepper, pak choi and frozen peas, simmer for 2 minutes. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Add the gluten-free rice noodles, simmer for 5 minutes stirring frequently - make sure food is piping hot before serving.
5. Stir in the spring onions and top with the set aside mushrooms. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
@veganfoodsnaps @pbnfood @thevegansclub @eatingfreefrom @instafoodbloggers @101dotrecipes @vegan.prospect @bestofvegan
I just had to post a pic of my chicken PHO at Saigon noodle house 🍲😊. It was the best! Full of flavor with Fresh herbs and bean sprouts. 😋 I haven’t had any of the other food on their menu yet but their Pho is absolutely amazing! Has anyone been before? #pho#ricenoodlesoup#healthybowls#realtor#birmingham#kw
I took a break from stir fry to make Pho from scratch. I started with short rib bones for beef stock, toasting & grinding my own seasoning, and perfecting the broth over two days. All said and done it was delicious and I have enough ingredients left over to feed a small army. However, I bow down to the chefs here in Portland and at all of my favorite Pho spots. I’ll gladly pay for their Pho it’s my favorite comfort food. #leaveittothepros#pho#ricenoodlesoup#vietnamesefood#rarebeefpho#homecooking