1000+followers... who moi??? 😊
I wanted to send this ‘thank you’ post the minute I went over the 1000 mark, due to the F/UF establishment I had to wait a while and not get too ahead of myself!
Thank you so much to those of you who have stuck by me since I began this food adventure! Thanks for all the supportive messages, online tutorials, encouragement, boosting emojis and food love! .
Have a wonderful weekend my lovelies🙏❤️😘
TGIF... So glad it’s Friday. Anyone doing some baking this weekend? I thought I’d share the chocolate cupcake recipe from last weekend in comments below 👇🏼. I’ll share another chocolate frosting recipe once I’ve tested it. Paper flower background by @sequinsandpetals
If you get up to some baking do share your creations by tagging NakedGrubs 👍🏼
Have an awesome weekend.
Na de @radio2vrt Zomerhit afgelopen zondag kan je ons spotten op de Bollekesfeesten op het Steenplein vanaf vandaag tem zondag! 🍓🍍🍒🥥🍏🍋 •
Kom jij ook een van onze gezonde vegan fruitijsjes proeven?
Sort of disappointed with these SD baguettes 🥖 last time I made them they had a PERFECT crumb and this one is just huge holes which I don’t prefer ☹️ Does anyone know why this happened? Was it because my dough was a bit too slack? 🧐
Need a quick lunch fix? This can be prepped in about 15 minutes! This Asian inspired bowl is super simple, with a good dose of broccoli 🥦, plenty of tofu (quickly cooked with a bit of soy in a non stick pan) and vermicelli (a quick fix favourite) with a good drizzle of lemon. 🍜🍜🍜 Both broccoli and sesame seeds are a great source of plant based calcium!! 🥦🥦🥦🥦
We’re always adding new recipes to the @hestancue app, but in case you missed it, we just added 25 more! Check out the latest collection — including these make-it-right-now highlights:
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Pan Roasted Zucchini
Pan Roasted Summer Squash
Sautéed Snap Peas
Everyday Corn Chowder
Baja Fish Tacos
Vegetarian Mapo Tofu
Our automatic temperature-controlled cooking system with video guidance ensures you’ll master each dish from day one. Link in profile to learn more. 🍅🌮🍗🥗🍞🦐🌽🥩🍋🥞
Sharing a divine weeknight recipe for you to have a go at!Pork and mushrooms a la Ian, recipe in the bio!☝🏼
💭 Do you love cooking? Or simply love eating? That love came from somewhere, so take a minute and think of your inspiration….. 👫My mum and dad brought me up eating fresh, home cooked meals right from the get go. We ate at the table together every night, then on a Friday and Saturday we’d have something ‘special’.
♥️ Everyone has that special food right? Whether it be takeaways, spag bol, Sunday roast, that food that sparks happy memories and delight. For me, Friday’s were the night when dad cooked rather than Mum. Whilst my dad is a fabulous cook, he always chose the same few dishes as these were the ones he’d mastered. This dish combines pork and mushrooms, alongside a boozy kick of sherry! (perhaps this is why we all like a good drink) 🍗🍚🥃🍷 🍴 Give it a go and let me and Ian know what you think!
Vandaag op het menu: een super easy lunchgerecht van onze foodblogger @lisaahaenen. Zowel koud als warm erg lekker en dus perfect Pm mee te nemen naar je werk. Het recept van deze heerlijke omelet wrap met zalm, spinazie en avocado vind je nu op de blog (link in de bio).
This S’mores cookie is waiting for you to bake it up. Here’s what you do, go visit my blog bonitaapplecrumb.com, or better yet, click the link in my bio for the recipe. 🍪
Print a few copies of this recipe, give to your co-workers, family, and friends who LOVE! To bake (or just do that great millennial thing and share the link). Post it on your fridge, be brave and bake them already. You need these in ya life🍪
In case you missed it last time: 👩🏼🍳 #recipe#recipeshare :
2 Ingredients PROTEIN PANCAKES (#plantbased option available expressed below). 🍌Banana Pancakes.
▫️1 Medium Ripened Banana
▫️Mash Banana Up
▫️Pop Banana & Eggs in Blender - Mix till smooth.
▫️Use some extra Virginia cold pressed organic coconut oil spray to cover fry pan (apply lightly). Pour to desired size, then cook. .
🍃PLANT BASED USE:
▫️1 Medium Ripened Banana
▫️2/3 Cup of Chia or Flaxseed/Linseed meal. *1 egg = 1/3 cup of chia/linseed ▫️Use almond milk if required to make smoother consistency. .
Perfect for breakfast or as a pre workout or arvo snack.
Marries up well with some fresh strawberries + @pranaon
vanilla cream vegan protein powder mixed with cold water (smoothie created). I’m also loving mixing it with Chobani yogurt at the moment too.
Yummy #breakfast option. Explore away 🤓
Sometimes the need for pasta is too big to ignore, but is there a healthy way to enjoy it that’s both gluten and dairy free? The answer is a wholehearted, #YES ! 💛 Creamy Chicken Fettuccine with Cauliflower Alfredo is low calorie and low carb enough to be called #Healthy The sauce is dairy free and creamy. With the right noodles, you meet the gluten free criteria, too. 🤗💕 CREAMY CHICKEN FETTUCCINE WITH CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO
Prep time: 45 minutes
Gluten free, dairy free
1 head cauliflower
1 9-ounce package gluten/grain-free fettuccine
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 shallot, minced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon each sea salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
6 white mushrooms, sliced
1 cup broccoli, steamed (frozen or fresh)
2 tablespoons olive oil for sauce
1 teaspoon olive oil for chicken
2 teaspoons of butter flavored coconut oil
Vegan grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Cut the cauliflower into florets and place them into a medium pot. Add enough water to cover the florets put a lid on the pot and simmer until the cauliflower is tender.
Pour the cauliflower and any liquid remaining in the pot into a blender along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil then puree until creamy. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste and set it aside.
Pour the butter flavored coconut oil in a skillet and add the shallots. Let them simmer for two minutes then add the garlic and let it simmer for another two minutes.
Stir in the alfredo sauce on a low heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and nutmeg then let the sauce thicken on low as you cook the chicken and noodles.
Grill the chicken any way you want. Outside on the grill is fine or use the stovetop. Once cooked thoroughly, slice it into chunks.
Steam the broccoli in water or with a steamer until tender. Strain excess water.
Bring a large pot of water to boil, then drop in the gluten-free fettuccine. Let it boil for one minute or until al dente. Drain and rinse the cooked noodles in cold water and toss in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Place the noodles, chicken, broccoli and sauce in a large bowl and toss. Top it with grated vegan parmesan cheese if desired.
Where are my fellow peanut butter fans?! 🙋♀️🙋♀️
I’ve had this #recipe for No Bake Peanut Butter Bars in my drafts folder for months...whoops!! 🤷♀️ Definitely time to get this one up and share with the world! YUM!!
Grab the super easy recipe on the blog today (click link in bio) 💫🥜 #peanutbutter#desserts
I am sure that most of you know rosewater smells amazingggg right? But, did you know of its many benefits?? Its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce irritation of the skin. Its also known to help reduce acne by eliminating pores, not to mention that home-made is so much better than store bought. Its easy to make too so don’t throw those roses in the bin just yet! Care for the recipe?
From one suitcase into the next! ...
I have been a laundry machine this week! Thankfully I did most of the kids laundry from vaca before we came home from vacation 🤓 ...
So it was really just my own and Jim’s I had to worry about. (Lord help him if I leave him without clean clothes 🤦🏻♀️🤣)
This next trip is just me flying out though and requires a little more thought than just a week at the beach. ...
Thank goodness for Amazon 🙌🏼, who saved me from having to go shopping for clothes for a photo shoot with the littles 😬
I’m definitely going to miss my little tribe but looking forward to hanging poolside at a mansion, soaking up the rays and the inspiration with my big tribe of fellow mompreneurs 💃🏻🧖🏻♀️
🤞🏻 I don’t forget anything major with the chaos of our week!
This recipe for marinated olives suits a wide variety of guests’ dietary needs as its free from gluten, dairy, nuts, and other common allergens and often-avoided ingredients.
Should you find yourself with any remaining the following day, these olives are delicious served over leftover pasta or with a fresh salad.
Marinated Mixed Olives
1 (6oz) can black olives (halved if large)
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
20 large pimento stuffed green olives, halved
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1 large garlic clove, minced
¾ teaspoon Spicely Organics Greek Seasoning
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well to coat olives in oil and seasoning. Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight. Return to room temperature. Stir to mix and serve.
Check out our recipe for
Dairy-Free Whipped Cream:
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon Grade A maple syrup
1/4 vanilla bean, seeds removed
pinch sea salt
1. Chill a can of full-fat organic coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Once cold, the coconut water will separate from the coconut cream. Scoop out the cream (saving the water for another use), and use as you would regular cream. 1 can will yield approx. ¾ cup of coconut cream. Best whipped with a hand-mixer.
3. Whip in bowl until soft peaks form. If using a mason jar, shake until desired consistency is reached.
Bruschetta Burrata Garlic Toasted Pita 🍅
1. Toast large size pita in the oven at 350F for 2-3 minutes.
2. Take pita out of oven and place about 5-6 slices of burrata cheese on top, and then a layer of bruschetta (chopped tomatoes, crushed garlic, chopped basil, salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic).
3. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Roasted Garlic Tomatoes with Burrata 🍅
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Slice 2 beefsteak tomatoes in halves.
3. Place garlic cloves in the pits of each tomato half.
4. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake for 1 hour.
5. Top roasted tomatoes with a big ball of burrata cheese, drizzle balsamic glaze, pepper, salt, and chopped fresh basil.
6. Serve with warm pita bread.
Lemon Thyme Roasted Chicken Legs 🍗
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place 10 chicken legs in deep oven safe baking pan.
3. In the pan, toss chicken legs with 1tbsp olive oil, juice of a lemon, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder.
4. Place lemon slices between chicken legs in pan and top with fresh thyme.
5. Bake for 35-40 mins or until chicken is completely cooked through.
Beef Taquito Tower 🌯
Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
1. Sautée 1/2 lb ground beef with 1 chopped green pepper, 1 chopped onion, 4 cloves crushed garlic, 1tbsp cumin, 2tbsp chili powder, juice of 1/2 a lime, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper until completely cooked.
2. Add a layer of meat mixture to the edge of a flour tortilla topped with shredded Mexican cheese, and roll up.
3. Secure the edges with toothpicks.
4. Brush a light layer of egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1tbsp water) to the top of each taquito.
5. Bake for 12 minutes.
6. Top with desired toppings (sour cream, pico de Gallo, guacamole, jalapenos)
Reese’s Fudge Bars 🍫
1. In a deep square dish, place a layer of Reese’s peanut butter cups in a single layer.
2. Melt 2 cups of chocolate chips with 1 can of condensed milk, and spread the mixture over the layer of Reese’s cups.
3. Add a layer of quartered Reese’s cups on top of the chocolate layer.
4. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
Cuban Cobb Salad 🥗
1. Baby spinach tossed with black beans, fresh corn, diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, and cooked quinoa.
2. Topped with:
-grilled chicken breast
-homemade plantain chips (slice green plantains almost paper thin, toss with oil and sea salt, and bake at 400 for 20 mins)
-garlic cilantro dressing (3 garlic cloves minced, 1/2 cup chopped green onion, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 1 cup plain greek yogurt, 2 tbsp olive oil, juice of 1/2 a lemon, salt, pepper, blend all in a food processor to make dressing)
Crispy Chicken Thigh Over Garlic Truffle Mash
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat cast iron skillet over medium high.
3. Pat dry chicken thighs.
4. Peel back the skin of the chicken thigh and season the meat under the skin with salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder.
5. Place the skin back over the thigh and season the top of the skins.
6. Place thighs skin side down in cast iron (don’t over crowd the pan) and cook for 8 minutes on both sides.
While chicken is cooking, add 6 garlic cloves and chopped carrots to the skillet.
7. Place cast iron in oven for 25-30mins.
8. Boil potatoes until tender and drain.
9. Place potatoes back in the same pot, add salt, pepper, 4 roasted garlic cloves from the cast iron skillet, shredded Parmesan cheese, 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2tbsp olive oil, and 1-2tbsp of white truffle.
10. Using a hand mixer, blend all ingredients in the pot together.
11. Add roasted garlic tomato sauce (use hand mixer to blend the remaining 2 roasted garlic cloves, chopped tomato, spinach, 1tbsp olive oil, 1/2 cup mashed potato, salt and pepper)
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup 🍜
1. In a deep pot cook 1 lb sliced chicken breast for about 2 mins on all sides, then take out of the pot.
2. Sautée 1 chopped onion, and 4 sliced carrots, in 2tbsp sesame oil for about 5 mins.
3. Add 4 tbsp red curry paste, 3 tbsp grated ginger, 4 minced garlic cloves to the pot, and cook for 2 more mins.
4. Add the chicken and 5 cups chicken broth, 2 cans of coconut milk, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp minced dried basil, and 2 tbsp honey to the pot.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 15-20 mins.
6. Remove chicken from the pot and shred it.
7. Add shredded chicken, 1 cup mushrooms, 4-5oz vermicelli noodles, and 1 cup bite sized cauliflower florets to pot.
8. Cook for about 5 mins or until noodles are al dente.
9. Stir in juice from 1/2 a lime, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, and 1 tbsp of sriracha.
Serve with desired toppings (crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro, lime wedges)
Toston Tower Feast for 4🍴(Or 2 if you try hard enough 😁)
Start with toston layer (fried green plantains):
1. Heat 1-2inches of oil in a deep pan.
2. Take skin off of green plantains, and cut into 1/2-1inch thick pieces.
3. When oil is hot, add plantain pieces into oil.
4. Fry for about 5 mins or until all sides are golden. Take plantains out of oil, do not turn off heat.
5. Using a plantain press or the bottom of a can, press down on each plantain piece until flat.
6. Add flattened pieces of plantain back to hot oil and fry for another 2-3 mins or until totally golden color. Take plantains out of oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
7. Top tostones with fluffy cooked white rice.
8. Top rice with red bean layer:
In a medium pot, add 1tbsp olive oil, 1/2 chopped onion, and cook until onion is translucent.
9. Then add 1 can of drained red kidney beans, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
10. Cook for about 5 mins, then add on top of the white rice layer.
11. Add a layer of picadillo on top of beans:
1/2lb of ground beef sautéed with 2 cloves garlic, cumin, 1 bay leaf, salt, pepper, and olive oil until cooked through.
12. Top with a fried egg and cilantro.
Kitchen Sink Chili 🌶
1. Sautée 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped tomato, 1 chopped green bell pepper and 4 cloves of minced garlic with olive oil in deep pot for 4-5 mins.
2. Add in 1 can drained pinto beans, 1 can drained black beans, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 lb ground beef, cumin, chili powder, paprika, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
3. Simmer for 35 mins, stirring occasionally.
4. Add already cooked sliced maduros (fried sweet plantains) to the pot and stir.
5. Serve with desired toppings (shredded Gouda cheese, chopped green onions, toasted garlic pita bread, sour cream)