We are very excited to announce the fabulous Jennifer Fritsch, from the @jeffandjennq102 Morning Show as the official Emcee for the Fashion for Freedom event!
The official radio partner for the Fashion for Freedom event is Q102 Cincinnati’s Hit Music 💜🎶 Stay tuned to @wkrq for future updates on the event.
*NOTE: I do not post things like this often, but I feel like I could help others with my story* It’s been (almost) two years post-op, and I’m feeling like a normal human for the first time in years. It was a long journey. But, I’m finally able to take care of myself and be active, without being in excruciating pain. Adenomyosis is not something that is talked about enough. I was looked at like I was crazy for years and was told what I was going through “was just a normal thing.” Well it wasn’t. It wasn’t normal to need hospitalization once a month due to uncontrollable pain. It wasn’t normal for doctors to prescribe pain medication after pain medication without trying to figure out underlying cause. I thank God every day for an awesome doctor who took me seriously and listened to me. It isn’t common for a 25 year old to need a hysterectomy, but it really was the best decision I ever made. I was miserable and the pain was getting to the point where I wasn’t able to live my life. Now, I feel better than I have in 10 years, and I’m able to enjoy the things I love again. #shareyourstory#awareness#adenomyosis#adenomyosisawareness#raiseawareness#farmerstan
My friends are world changers and they have seven days to raise funds to shape neurosurgery in Uganda. Head over to my bio to donate and if you can’t then please repost or send it to your rich friend 😉
This project seeks to train 30 neurosurgeons in Uganda by the year 2030, and provide financial relief for financially disadvantaged patients in need of neurosurgery. The donations will cover the living expenses, training materials, equipment and test fees for Ugandan neurosurgery residents as they go about their neurosurgery training and rotations.
These incredible teens fundraised and packed 24 chemo care kits and donated them to Boston Children’s Hospital! We are so honored. Thank you for helping us put smiles on the faces of children with cancer 💛 If you would like to host a chemo kit packing event, please message us!
Join us for National #Relisha#Rudd#Awareness#Day When: 7-11-2018 Where: 7-Eleven 4854 Nannie Helen Boroughs Road Wash Dc Time: 2-4pm... DC Missing Kids/Children/Missing and Exploited East of the River Ward 7 and 8/D.C.'s Missing Voice/Sixth District Patrol/Commander David Taylor/sixth District Outreach/Assistant Chief Chanel Dickerson/Chief Peter Newsham /MPD Missing Persons Unit/Community Activist will pass out Relisha T Rudd’s flyers and #raiseawareness regarding her disappearance this event is open to #All ... children under 13 who participate will receive 1 free slurpee... Relisha T Rudd was last seen 3/1/2014 in the 1900 block of Mass Ave SE wash Dc got info dial 202-576-6768 or text anonymously to 50411.. any questions inbox me or dial 202-491-2327 The AWARE Foundation, Inc.
We are SO thankful for everyone that applied for our volunteer coordinator position! Just Ask is growing & we need your help! We’re looking for a volunteer webmaster! This position would require about 10 hours/month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
I’ve lived in some struggle and I know you have too.
Though the way I see it,
if I can make it through,
then there’s nothing you can’t do 🙏🏽
We all have fears and insecurities that we deal with everyday. The feeling of facing them alone makes it very challenging to overcome. That’s why it’s super important to surround yourself with people who will shine light on you during your darkest times.
For the last decade @christopherhelas has been that person for me. I’ve shared my truth and in return received nothing but unconditional love and support. I’m very grateful for the brotherhood that we have.
I encourage you to take a moment of silence to sit in gratitude for someone who has given you their loyal support. Send them some energetic love and watch it fuel your heart 💫
Whilst I dispute the word “brave” and maintain that I’m simply doing what most other people would do, too right that I share the story to show some hope.
Cancer isn’t grey. It’s not pink either. It’s not old. It’s not inevitable though. It is preventable, although not always. It can be teenage, it can be toddler and it can snatch life without warning. The chances are, you know someone who has been affected, or have been affected yourself. And the chances also are that people want to talk about it but just don’t know how to.
Like anything, you do whatever gets you through it. No judgement, just love. I ate bagels, drank gin with my girlfriends, exercised whenever I could and swore a lot. And I’m here with an 85% chance of surviving for the next 2 years. Yes, that’s a 15% chance of not.
In time, and with funding and clinical trial expansion and progressions, that statistic will get better. Let’s keep on talking, keep on moving and keep on loving. Together, we’ve got this 💗
@cr_uk @crukraceforlife @manchestereveningnews #cancer#treatment#chemotherapy#funding#raiseawareness#honesty#share#progress#love#together
Serious moment. I have had 2 pregnancies with zero complications, and 1 pregnancy that was a tumor without a baby. These tumors can potentially turn cancerous, they are non-cancerous at first. I’m one of the lucky few who came out cancer free, but there are many mothers who are fighting cancer and going through chemo when all they wanted was a baby. I’ll joke, be sarcastic, complain about my aches and pains... but I’m very blessed. I’ve been pregnant with babies and pregnant with a “bunch of cells”.... some women are pregnant with both simultaneously. There’s a difference.
This august I will be walking in the Get Stepping walk to help raise money for the fight against homelessness.
The number of Americans experiencing homelessness is overwhelming and the problem is not going away. Due to housing affordability, low income wages and increase of living expenses the homeless number continues to increase. Working in the treatment space we have encountered many individuals who are working extremely hard to get back on their feet. Any contribution that is made big or small could help recreate a life.
If you would like to participate in the walk on August 11th the registration fee is $10 dollars and you may contact me directly for more details. Proceeds from the Get Stepping walk will be used to support the First Stepp Inn shelter located in Fall River MA.
If you are unable to donate but can share this post that would also help get the word out!
Donation link in bio!