Raw cacao contains theobromine which is structurally similar to caffeine and which occurs in great quantities in cacao, acting as a stimulant and promoting strength, endurance, and enhanced mood.* We whizzed together a deliciously chocolatey pre-workout smoothie and added some of Moonbean’s Superfood Coffee, which is a convenient mix of Fairtrade Coffee, Chaga mushrooms, maca, raw cacao, cinnamon, turmeric and lucuma. Combined with our Cacao Super Smoothie mix which is made up of organic raw cacao, yellow pea-protein, chia, dates, nuts, hemp, mesquite, cinnamon, and seeds, this one’s a real performance booster! (And it’s really, really yummy.) ___________________
RECIPE (Serves 2):
Workout-Boosting Cacao Super Smoothie
INGREDIENTS • 1 small frozen banana
• 3 Tbsp o’natural Cacao Super Smoothie • ½ cup Moondbean’s Superfood Coffee, cooled
• ½ cup almond milk
• 2 Tbsp macadamia nut butter
• 3 dates (optional)
• 1 Tbsp hemp powder (optional)
Blend and enjoy on your way to the gym!
Pack an o’natural Mayan Raw Cacao Bar to get you from your workout to your next meal without a slump.
*Info taken from a great article on notyoursugarmamas.com. To read it, visit their site and search for ‘cacao pre-workout’. .
💚💪Protein smoothies that taste GOOD!! For all you gym bunnies out there looking for a pre or post workout fix. We use whey protein, chlorella and spirulina to create the perfect protein pellet added to our 2 protein smoothies, and the Veggie-Nator is one.
The fruit, veg & Protein Pellets blended to make a delicious drink that’s a high source of protein, as well as a source of Vitamin C, Manganese, Folate and Fibre, and it’s 1 of your 5 a day!
Give it a try when you next workout🏋️♀️⛹️♂️🏊♂️🏄♂️🤸♀️
This is my Everyday "Take Me To Work" Smoothie. 😄😍 ✅ 2 bananas
✅ 2 tbspoon of Chia seeds
✅ 3 small IceCubes
✅ 2 Tbspn of Honey.
Chia seeds are so beneficial due to them being rich in fibre, omega 3, proteins, vitamins and minerals (Calcium, potassium, magnesium). They contain Essential fatty acids and are a rich source of Antioxidants ( orac value of 10, 000 vitamin E equivalents)
Top 9 chia seed benefits include: (Draxe.com)
1. Skin repair & prevention of premature skin aging.
2. Digestive health balance (high fibre content)
3. Heart health (Regulates Cholesterol, lowers BP, reverses oxidative stress)
4. Boosts energy and metabolism (perfect ingredient to post work out smoothies😉) 5. Gas calcium for stronger healthy bones
6. Us a source of muscle building protein
7. Fights breasts and cervical cancer. 👐🙌 (Wauuu) has AplhaLipoicAcid -An omega 3 fatty acid
8. Strong teeth enhancement and prevents bad breath.😁
9. During pregnancy - great source of Omega -3 , Replenishes lost nutrients, slows sugar absorption thus keeping blood sugar levels stable, energy booster.
These Tiny seeds pack such a nutritional punch that we all need incorporated into our diets.
Raspberry Cantaloupe Smoothie. This #postworkoutsmoothie is probably the best I've ever made. I was blessed with way too much cantaloupe (I got for free), so I decided to freeze some. DM me for how to freeze.
What you need for this smoothie: • About one cup frozen cantaloupe • Half cup frozen raspberries
• Almond milk (amount depends on how thick you like your smoothies)
• About 2 tsp of your favorite sweetener (I used maple syrup but honey or agave would work too)
What to do:
Throw it all in the blend and blend! 😂
Top it off with some raspberries and chia seeds or other fruits for added flavor.
Tips: I use frozen fruits, not only so they last longer, but also because you don't need to add ice then.
This smoothie is great for replenishing your electrolytes and giving you a little natural energy boost. Plus, it is super refreshing on hot days!
Cantaloupe is a great source of vitamin C and A, boosting your immune system. They are also good for your digestive health. Raspberries also boost your immune system and are anti-inflammatory.