Lately people have been telling me how good I am looking and i am even starting to feel better about my self. A lot of people are not aware that on Febuary 1st 2016 I underwent a knee reconstruction I all so had a partial tear in my meniscus. On the day of the surgery I weighed in at 117 Kgs. The photo on the left is me at my heaviest weighing in at 132 kgs taken in Las Vegas the day of my brothers wedding, through my rehab I was very lazy and undisciplined with my diet and rehab. Now nearly 3 years later and 38 years old I am 25 kgs lighter. I am the fittest and strongest I've ever been, ive completely found a new lease on life. I walked away from the sport I played and loved for 30 years to focus on my health and wellbeing. I've found people to coach me, motivate me and inspire me every single day and for that I am truly grateful. Now to keep moving forward to the next goals continue with clean eating and 100 kgs baby #weightlosstransformation#goals#journey#plcmovement#grateful#proud
Today was hot and everyone who knows me will tell you I hate the heat.
So the fact that I finished work and took my tired and irritable self to gym and pushed myself is an achievement.
Big thanks to my support team.
It's that time again! The weekend is upon us which means it's almost time to get the pads out and try some boxing! 🥊 🥊If you're keen feel free to come down to @plc_somertonpark and try it out!
Every Saturday at 11am
$5 for PLC members
$10 for non members
Message me for more details!
Only a few days left until our 6 wk challenge starts! & only 10 spaces left ... 😱
If you’re wanting more motivation, support, meal plans, training & mindset coaching to achieve your goals for Summer ... 💥🔥
Comment below or message us for more info on our upcoming 6 week challenge before you miss out 👇🏼 #stayfit#6weekchallenge#plcmovement#fitness#brisbanefitness
Early morning workout done with the crew!
2 burpee pull ups
3 strict pull ups
4 toes to bar or knee to chest
5 hand release pushups
6 DB snatch @20kg
7 butterfly situps
8 weight plate ground to overhead @20kg
9 weight plate squats
10 weight plate overhead lunges
11 Med ball Slams at 20kg
20 half hindus
30 Kb swings at 20kg
How this one works is you start with 1 run. When you get back you'll then do the 2 burpee pull ups then the 1 run. When you get back you'll then do 3 strict pull ups, 2 burpee pull ups then 1 run. So you'll work down the list and then back up
Tonight I was totally out of my comfort zone. I didn’t know anyone and fear was creeping in. A stranger approached me, gave me some words of encouragement and a high five, twice. You wouldn’t believe how this small act of kindness made me feel.
Never forget that all acts of kindness, no matter how small are never wasted.
Great things in business are never done by just one person. I'm learning this more & more than you can't do it all by yourself.
Growing a team is HUGE learning experience. I'm having to learn how to be a leader!
When I was a solo PT, it was way more simple, but we can't change the world by just doing 30-40 1on1 sessions a week.
I'm learning how to scale & yes it's hard, yet so so so worth it.
I make heaps of mistakes in recruitment or leadership all the time.
It's part of the journey, I learn something every time.
Love being able to look back and see how far I've come on my @plc_somertonpark journey! Nothing but thanks for @optimum.lifestyle & @thiele.3 for pushing me to be the best version of myself possible every day!
Soooo this post is going to have a bit of everything. Vulnerability, Insperation,Promotion and appreciation.This last couple days I haven't been my normal self, been very pissed of with life down in the dumps. But I am fully aware that is my own doing in the sense of wanting results now. I pushed my self to the limits and to far and in essence burnt my self out, instead of being patient and enjoying and loving the process it's a trap we all fall into a times. Lucky for me I am surrounded by people who care about me. And motivate me my father Wayne, my older brother @jeditroy79 my training partners @sol_fire_fonoti and @lukesteff. But more importantly I'd like to thank @dlthomson_ @sarahgracehuddleston @plc_northlakes. These 2 girls are are absolute gems they really have a passion for what they do and they are all about giving service. They have a really loving care for the community they have built and the people who live with in the community. These girls put on a little social farmers fundraiser today. Hence my little prize I won. But thank you guys for supporting me and pushing me its be really appreciative. And just remember guys life isn't all ways about how hard you can hit.
Absolutely beautiful day out and what better way to celebrate than an @ankorrharness session!
5 rounds 30min EMOM
14 bear crawls
15 body drops
4 Polar bear push ups, Half Hindus, Cobras
9 reverse bear crawls
30 20kg kb swings
Torsonator exercise #4
Shoulder press or the landmine press
- Start with the bar just off centre of your chest
- keep your arm close to your body
- Keep your core engaged
- Press the bar from your shoulder coming close to lock out
- Keep the same line as your shoulder as if you push closer to your chest you'll lose control
- Keep wrists strong
- Return back to starting point
- Builds a strong and stable scapular
- Promotes shoulder health
- Helps with the symmetry of muscles
Yew! Torsonator exercises #3
- Start with the bar between your legs
- Bend over and grab the bar with both hands
- Pull the bar off of the ground causing a slight bend in your arms
- Keep your core engaged so that your lower back is protected
- Row the bar towards your chest and hold at the top for a second
- Keep elbows close to your body
- Allows for greater contraction
- Uses a wide range of muscles
- Helps to increase strength in stabiliser muscles
- Builds a strong core
Look what I've got for you all! I'll be running boxing classes! Pretty stoked to be able to teach something that I enjoy doing coming from a martial arts background!
Sessions are every Saturday at 11am for 45 mins and are open to all! Meaning you don't have to be a member at @plc_somertonpark
$5 for members
$10 for non members
Let me know if you're interested!
Lower back pain? What a lot of people don't know is that tight glutes can be the cause of pain in the lower back.
When targeting the glutes, find the area that feels the tightest and either use a massage ball or something as simple as a tennis ball. What you want to do is sit on the area that hurts the most and slowly lift your leg side to side, up and down
If you've got extra tight glutes like I do then you'll feel some pretty heavy twitches and you may do an involuntary stinky leg, however don't stress as it's just your muscle releasing.
Enjoy the pain 😘
The last squat variation I will be bringing to you this week is
- Start with your hands on your head, chest forward and core braced
- Start your squat and break parallel or touch a desired target (box in the picture)
- As soon as you touch the target or break parallel, push through your heels and power back up
- Remember to keep chest forward
- Fantastic for hiit workouts
- Allows squat form to be practiced with a target
- Many modifications can be made ie jumping as you come back up
- Massive quad burner
Squat variation #3
BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUAT
The Bulgarian split squat is a fantastic variation for building single leg strength, power and stability.
- Start with your foot on a box, bench or chair
- Get into that front lunge position
- Brace your core, hips and body square, chest forward
- Start the squat and lower your leg until your thigh almost touches the box, bench or chair
- Keep your front knee behind toes and make sure they're in line
- Push up through your front food back into the starting position
- Increases single leg strength
- Improves balance
- Fantastic for quad growth
- Great functional movement
- Increases flexibility and mobility
Time to talk about squats aka the booty builder 🍑
The squat is a fantastic compound exercise. It engages the whole body with the main muscles worked being the glutes, quads and hamstrings.
- Start with setting yourself up under the bar with your grip a little wider than shoulder width
- Feet will be shoulder width also
- Take a deep breath in and brace your core
- Keep your butt back and chest forward as you start the squat
- Make sure knees are tracking with toes
- Break parallel
- Push through you heels as you come back up
- Works a wide range of muscles
- Builds strong legs and glutes
- Builds a strong core
- Massive calorie burning exercise
So go and get that booty 🍑
Benchpress variation #4
The dumbbell press
The dumbbell press is a fantastic way to isolate the pecs and a good way to find any weaknesses per pec.
- Set up on a flat bench
- Set the dumbbells on your knees
- As you lay down onto the bench kick your knees up and put the dumbbells over your chest
- Press the dumbbells together over your chest and squeeze
- Bring the dumbbells back to the starting position and go again
- Helps to show weaknesses
- Helps develop a strong chest
- Allows for better isolation of the pec
- Helps with the supporting muscles
Check Out Those Dachie Ears!! 😍🙊
Repost Of This Absolute Cutie In His @the_plc_movement Bandana!
If You Love Dachshunds Follow @dexthedachsie To Keep Up With His Adventures & See Plenty More Super Cute Snaps!
Here’s a cheeky picture of me and frank the dog 🐶 (not my dog sadly 😩)
HAPPY #MONDAY Hope everyone’s ready for a big week ahead!
Something I wanna touch on while I’m on the gram and I’ve got some of your attention is to remember that when your pushing for something in life wether that’s eating better, going to the gym, learning something new, studying, whatever it may be. YOU need to keep in mind that when you have an unproductive day or slip up that it is NOT over. You need to think of the path to where you want to be as a curvy path with sticks and shit everywhere that will 100% trip you the hell over and then you’ll need some wiggles bandaids to fix your messed up elbow. It’s not a straight clean path, you don’t just choose what you want and then have instant success, as great as that would be it’s not how it ends up! You’ll have ups and downs and slips and falls but it’s about turning around and going, you know what my morning has been unproductive as fuck, BUT the rest of my day doesn’t have to be! ✌🏼
Deadlift the right way!
Starting position: The bar is above the feet, close to the shin bone. The shoulders are slightly in front of the bar.
Pulling the bar close to the body requires assistance and stabilization by the latissimus dorsi. Keep the core muscles activated and the back straight.
The deadlift can be divided into two stages. 1️⃣2️⃣
The first stage:
1️⃣Lifting the bar to knee level.
This is done mainly through knee extension.
The trunk remains in a forward-leaning position.
The second stage:
2️⃣Full extension of the hip and the knee until the body is fully straightened. .
In this video we can see a common mistake which many people are doing.
Throughout the exercise, keep the back in a neutral position.
In other words, even when we bend down, we will keep the same back position as when we are standing erect!
In this position the core muscles work together with the greatest efficacy, and protect the spine‼️
Check Out Dex In His Custom "PLC" Bandana!! How Cool Does He Look!! 😎👌
If You Have A Super Cool Puppa Who Is part Of Your Crew & @the_plc_movement Be Sure To Message Me For More Details & To Make An Order!
Be Sure To Follow @dexthedachsie To Keep Up With His Everyday Adventures! 🐾
Thank You To @lewishuckstep For Coming To Me With This Custom Bandana Design!
Client appreciation time!
Jake Reed the animal is another client that has joined the 100kg crew! This time its in the form on bench press! When Jake first started he was only able to manage 30kg bench press so awesome to see how far he has come! What an accomplishment!