**CREATING A MODEL FROM PHOTO SCANS** I took several pictures of my Jurassic Park T-Rex bust from Chronicle Collectibles and used agisoft photoscan to turn it into a 3D model. Using the scan data, I brought the model into ZBrush and did some cleanup work such as removing the statue base that came over from the initial scan, I also opened the mouth so I had room to add new teeth and tongue geometry. After completing this step, I brought the decimated model into Maya to create new geometry for the body, since I only had scan data for the head. Once the base geometry was created, I brought everything back into ZBrush and used dynamesh to weld all the different pieces together, and added muscle definition and skin texture to the body. After the detailing phase, I decimated the mesh and brought that back into Maya once again to use quad draw to create a mesh that can be used for UV mapping, rigging and animation. Finally I created some small modifications to the head of the T-Rex to address some minor issues I had with the skull structure from the statue itself. Mainly I adjusted the jaw because when it closed, it did not land flush with the with skull, and I adjusted the brow a bit, so its eyes were more visible from the front.
My next step is to bring this model in Mari to add all the high frequency details such as scales, and various other skin details. Then on to rigging, posing and rendering.