Looking through my photos from this weekend in Banff National Park - one of the coolest parts was during the drive out, when we got stuck in a traffic jam only to find that it was caused by people slowing down to take photos of a herd of fifteen bighorn sheep, including three very young ones.
We pulled all the way over for an impromptu photoshoot, and one curious fellow got so close to the car that we almost rolled the windows up - more than once! #parkscanada#wildlifephotography
Pukaskwa to Saskatchewan!
1. "Are you guys sunsetters?" - Parks Canada attendent at Pukaskwa National Park, ON while giving us hiking suggestions.
2. Pukaskwa interior lake hike
3. Terry Fox memorial, Thunder Bay, ON. Extremely humbling stop on our own journey across Canada
4. We found out where the land gets to be flat, and it's about a half hour outside Winnipeg, MB.
5. Museum for Human Rights. Incredible stop I'd 10/10 suggest to anyone going through Winnipeg. Only spent 2 hours here and baaarely saw half the exhibits; they have over 80 hours of exhibits and readable materials. Extremely well done.
6. Riel House, MB. Great place to learn more about Métis culture! (All of the guides are Métis themselves)
7. Rouleau, SK. Aka, Dog River - the filming location for corner gas.
8. Dafoe, SK. One of the weirder sleep in the car at a rest stop night locations.
9 & 10. Wanuskewin Heritage park, SK. Good place to learn about northern plains indigenous culture. (Also has DELICIOUS food, and great indigenous-made souvenirs)
Bromley Rock. If you ever drive down Crow's Nest Highway to the Okanagan or Kootenays, make this one of your must-sees. We got there in the morning and had it all to ourselves for a few minutes. Set the tone perfectly for our 4-year wedding anniversary.
Epic views from St Marks Summit before the forest fires. The sky is covered in layers of smoke, and the visibility is awful. It is going to be awhile before we can see beautiful scenery like this again. Our province could use a big rainfall 😔
This is one of my new all time favourite photos, so I’m pairing it with one of our favourite quotes: • One life on this Earth is all we get, whether is is enough, or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be, that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it
and beautifully, as we can - Frederick Buechner ✨💕 #takemetravelling#lifewelllived
No matter the size of your boat, the "Boating 2: Beyond The Basics" course will help you acquire new boating skills or brush up on the skills you already have. Registration is now open for the course, offered by the Peterborough Power and Sail Squadron, which runs every Monday evening for six weeks beginning on September 10, 2018. "This course that talks about navigation, safety, anchoring, lines, ropes, knots ... it's a little bit of everything," explains Peterborough Power and Sail Squadron commander Nick Cliteur ... including how to navigate the locks on the Trent-Severn Waterway. Read the story in our Lifestyle & Family section at kawarthanow.com (link in bio). #boating#sailing#safeboating#peterborough#ptbo#ptbokawartha#ptbocanada#kawarthas#kawarthanow#trentsevernwaterway#tsw#parkscanada