What are you flexin this morning? ....... me? Ahhhh...I’m a very happy girl. It’s a no run, lazy, sleepy, vanilla protein pancake and berries with real maple syrup kinda morning 🥞🍇 #goodmorning#pancakes#flexfriday
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PANCAKES WITH COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
Serves: 4 servings
1 cup old fashioned oats
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 teaspoons coconut oil
2 cans coconut milk
1. First, blend your oats into a fine powder using a blender or food processor
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the blended oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, egg, almond milk, honey, and cocoa powder
3. Add a pinch of salt and whisk to combine
4. In a skillet, heat about 1 teaspoon of coconut oil over medium to medium high heat
5. Once hot, add ½ cup of batter into the pan
6. Using a spatula, turn the pancake when bubbles have started to form along the edges and center
7. Continue cooking until the other side has browned (a little harder to tell since it's a chocolate pancake, but it doesn't take long).
8. Continue until all 4 pancakes are done, adding a fresh teaspoon of coconut oil into the pan before starting each new pancake
For the coconut whipped cream!
1. let your cans of coconut milk sit in the fridge overnight before you make the pancakes.
2. Open the cans and scoop the solidified coconut cream off the top and into a bowl.
3. Beat (using a stand mixer or hand mixer) until the coconut cream has whipped and forms stiff peaks
4. Serve each pancake with 1 blue container (1/4 cup) of coconut whipped cream over top!
Serving size and nutrition information is for 1 pancake and 1 blue container (1/4 cup) of coconut whipped cream. This may not sound like a lot, but these dudes are filling!
Heading into the weekend like...🎉⠀
Smothering your pancakes in 🥜 peanut butter and yogurt tastes amazing, yes, but it also introduces more protein than would otherwise be present with the typcial syrup only topping🥞.⠀
Protein (and fiber) helps to blunt the drastic spike in blood sugar 📈 we see with eating really sweet things which typically causes us to feel lathargic and moody 😒 shortly after eating. Talk about a buzz kill for the day! ⠀
Pancakes like this give me more sustained energy than pancakes with syrup alone 👌 How do you like your pancakes?
Tortitas de avena y manzana
🐣 5 claras de huevo
🌾4 cucharadas de avena triturada y 3 cucharadas de avena
🏺1 cucharadita de canela
🍋Medio zumo de limón
🍎Una manzana en trocitos.
Preparación: Mezclar todos los ingredientes en un bowl y verter la mezcla en una sartén bien caliente untada con AOVE. Os recomiendo hacerlas a fuego medio-bajo con una tapa para que os queden más jugosas.
Añadirle los toppings que más os gusten!! Pd. Si veis que precisáis algun tipo de edulcorante añadirle un poco ee vuesto preferido.
Felizzzzz día, espero que os animéis a desayunarlas o merendarlas algún día! Estaban realmente buenas😘😘 #healty#fitness#fitgirl#pancakes#apple#oat#easy#strawberry#peanutbutter#summer#easy#easyandhealthy#booty 🍑 #cinamon#lemon