Give your brain and eyes a rest from the computer screen this holiday season!
So much of our life is now based around screens, and our posture, eyesight and overall health can suffer from too much screen time.
Take a moment to enjoy the outdoors, go for a long walk, read a good book and spend time with loved ones.
THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY 🐬
I went kayaking with dolphins the other day. Pretty amazing! And it made me think about the ocean and this precious world down there, full of life, which is part of our beautiful earth 🌏
Unfortunately this marine world is not what is has been. The ocean is suffering because of plastic overload and garbage. So many marine species are affected. So much life, so much beauty, so many colors. I guess you’ve all seen videos and pictures of the whales with stomachs full of indigestible trash 👎
Plastic pollution is a global problem and requires global action. Beaches are closing down for rehabilitation. Supermarkets stop using plastic bags and introduce paper bags instead. Bars start serving cocktails without straws. Volunteers pick up trash at beaches and waterways. We can all do something about the plastic pollution 😘
So... on this thoughtful Thursday, is there anything, you can do to eliminate plastic waste or inspire your local supermarket or cafe to do so? Eg:
- ask for paper bags in your supermarket
- bring your own to go cup (you can get a cute one like my Wandering Yoga Bear 🐻)
- say no to straws and ask your pub/bar/cafe to consider not using straws at all because it would be damn cool so save some corals and dolphins 🐬
- pick up trash from the streets. One piece of trash is better than none ❤️
- buy less things made of plastic 🌱
- see the beauty in cardboard boxes 📦 instead of using plastic bottles. Even frozen berries comes in cardboard boxes. And laundry detergent. And raisins. Aaaand so on ☘️
The list is long. And I know it takes time to change. And effort. And willingness. And nobody is perfect. So one step at a time 🐾
The future generations deserve a chance to explore the colorful world and life of the ocean 🌊 And the ocean deserve to survive 🙏