Make a commitment, give yourself the breath and movement it’s been craving, and indulge in some yummy and healthy food & drinks from local SD #plantbased vendors next Sunday morning with @liveblissed🌿
Hosted on the beautiful rooftop of @the_iam_method in La Jolla!
Link in bio for more info & to reserve your spot.
Chains of habit are too light to be felt, until they are too heavy to be broken.
NEW BLOG POST! (Bio) Daily Yoga Practice, Habits, and Hospitals (and absolutely calling myself out for buying overpriced coffee.) Many of us, at some point, have set out to acquire a six-pack, an effortless handstand, fluency in French, an intimate knowledge of up-and-coming alternative rock bands, or some other quality that looks great in a dating-app profile. Similarly, I’d venture to say that, besides some French curse words that you pull out every now and then as a party trick, each one of us has learned that, shockingly, these attractive attributes don’t appear instantly with the doing of one push-up or sun salutation, or with the download of some app you won’t open again until someday two years from now when you’re bored on the subway. Whatever you deem your practice - be it yoga, a musical instrument, nagging your husband about not cleaning the lint screen in the dryer, or always being that annoyingly chirpy co worker who’s always first in the office and greets everyone with “Hey Sunshine!” - that practice must become a fundamental pillar of your existence - like eating, drinking, and sleeping.
Thank you so so much to @clothandkarma for the opportunity to node for you and be part of your Karma Crew. Proceeds from their amazing brand go to the @purpledotyogaproject which uses trauma-informed yoga to help survivors of rape and sexual assault. Photo credits to @sydneyyy.claire
What language or skill have you set out to learn on a whim?
Wishing you an amazing week!
Residual income. It means I got paid while I was taking pictures from the tallest, most sacred building in Rome. .
It means getting paid for your net worth AND your network. There ain’t no I in team. 👊
My free business school is disrupting the system. Making smarter people smarter. My products are disrupting the industry. Think Amazon Prime for your body. 🌱
I’m on my way to chopping up my SECOND credit card.
My mentor is sharing how she got rid of 50k in consumer debt in 18 months tonight.
Industry leaders are paying attention to us. Are you?
Want to hear how we can serve you? I’m your ticket tonight.
Just ask. 💋
Coffee, please ☕️ Motherhood is setting the alarm,so that you can catch some “me time” before your child wakes up. Also, the coffee stays hot long enough for me to drink it. If I don’t get my time in, then I find it in the microwave 12 hours later. .
Die nächsten Tage möchte ich euch zeigen was der YOGAGURT alles so kann 😊
Heute der liegende Schmetterling / Supta Baddah Konasana
Aber was ist der Yogagurt eigentlich genau?
Der Yogagurt ist ein einfaches flaches seil, dass entweder zwei Metall ringe zum durchfädeln hat oder mit einem schiebe Verschluss ausgestattet ist.
Es ist zwischen 2-3 Meter lang, äußerst strapazierfähig und platzsparend – es passt in jede Tasche 😉
Was bringt dir so ein einfaches „flaches Seil“ in deiner Yogapraxis?
· Du erreichst Dehnungen, die du ohne weitere Hilfe normal nicht schaffst – auf sanfte Weise und ohne Verletzungsrisiko (immer gilt ganz achtsam mit sich umzugehen)
· Du vertiefst deine Positionen, ohne Muskulatur und Bänder zu belasten.
· Du verbesserst deine Körperhaltungen
Ich habe euch meine 3 Lieblings-Yogagurt Positionen rausgesucht:
1.Der liegende Schmetterling – Supta Baddah Konasana, sie wird oft am Anfang oder ende einer Yogastunde praktiziert, hier wird der Yogagurt um Oberhalb der Hüfte und die Füße gelegt, so kannst du diese liegende Position aktiv mit dem Yogagurt unterstützen
2. Der Stocksitz – Paschimottanasana, in dieser Position kannst du den Gurt als Verlängerung deiner Arme nutzen indem du den Gurt um deine Füße legst und die enden jeweils in der rechten und linken Hand hast.
3. Der Tänzer – Natarajasana, auch hier ist der Gurt die Verlängerung für deine Arme, gerade in der Variation in der du deinen Fuß von hinten oben greifen möchtest ist es eine sehr große Hilfe sich mit dem Gurt ranzutasten.
Hast du bereits Erfahrungen mit dem Yogagurt gesammelt? Oder ist der Gurt für dich Neuland?
Für mich ist es das „Lieblings-Yoga-Hilfsmittel“
#namastayinbed all day!
Sleep is your body's time to recover from the day's activities, recharge and get ready for the next day.
I have been making a lot of progress in many areas of my life but sleep is something that I really need to work on. My pillow is my best friend when I wake up in the morning. I really hate parting with it and my comfy covers.
Part of my transformation is making sure that it's holistic which basically means I'm focusing on the big picture and that includes sleep. I'm making sure I limit my screen time especially at night and utilizing the built in nightshift feature on my phone and laptop. I've also started meditating before bed.
Are you getting enough quality sleep?
Das kleinste ist krank. Und das obwohl sie heute mit der ferienbetreuung ins Kino gehen sollten. Ihr könnt euch diese Ungerechtigkeit gar nicht ausmalen, die ihm gerade widerfährt 😅🙆🏻 jetzt also jede Menge kuscheln und liebe und homeoffice ❤️
Both girls asked to do some Yoga on my computer tonight. Big sis went first and because little sis does everything big sis does...well, you know how that goes. I wish I could say that the rest of the evening was all “Namaste”....More like Nama-Not the case! They are lucky they are cute (crazy hairdo and all).
It’s one of those nights where you go straight to your bed right after you close the last bedroom door. Then lay awake because although you’re tired, you just need some time to yourself. Some QUIET time.
Mommas, if you cleaned up pee or dug something out of your child’s mouth today....I salute you! I’m with you! You’re doing a great job! Now, turn on your own sound machine and get some rest!
New Gears are here guys!💥✨💥🎇💥🎆💥 Have been waiting all WEEKEND for this week to happen 😁😉👌🏽🙌🏽😍🙏🏽 It is here NOW!
THE TIME IS NOW! Come get your GEARS ♡
Click Link in Bio 👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽 to check us out!
Sleep is SO important for our health, stress levels and productivity at work. I love a good nighttime routine to get me settled before bed. Usually I’ll start with some nighttime tea (caffeine free) or @foursigmatic hot cacao. It has reishi which is great for a calm and relaxed mood before bed. Other things I love for nighttime are spraying a lavender pillow spray, my pink Himalayan salt lamp turned on low, occasionally melatonin and definitely my white noise machine #relaxation#wellness#namastayinbed#coach#bedtimeroutine
My favorite of the Lenticular Candy Hearts is, “Stay Trippy, Little Hippy”. 😊 .
What’s your favorite!!? .
✨ Lenticular stickers, magnets, and prints change based on the lighting & angle you view them.
REMINDER that my GIVEAWAY is still going on until 11:59 tonight. You can win a free custom print of your favorite photos. 💕 checkout my previous posts!
WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY • I think it’s important to share our struggles & our survival stories on a day like today. Sharing these stories will hopefully help people who are suffering open up.
• I have had insomnia since the age of 15. • That led to anxiety which I was diagnosed with aged 28 but I think I had actually this for quite a while undiagnosed. • I was signed off work and effectively had to suddenly quit my job 3 years ago. • My doctor wanted me to go on antidepressants & sleeping pills. We agreed to see whether sleeping pills would work before trying the antidepressants. • Sleeping pills have hugely helped & I still take them from time to time. • Therapy has been absolutely amazing but I have had to work hard in order to shift so many thoughts, opinions, ideas I had that were destructive. • I would say that no one in my life, even the closest people to me really know the struggles I had, only my GP and therapist did but it took me a long time to fully open up. 🙏
THINGS THAT HAVE HELPED:
• Fantastic medical support - GP, therapist, psychiatrist. • Supportive friends & family. • Changing my job - much better work/life balance. • Sleeping pills have been very helpful to me but I have had to have a lot of support medically in this area. • Yoga.
• Inspirational yoga teachers. @juliemontagu was such a huge help to me when I had no idea what I was going to do after 8 years in TV.
• Meditation. • The power of the breath. • Coming to the realisation that I just HAD to take care of myself a lot lot more. • Time out - in My TV job I was never able to plan time off or take many holidays. I realise the importance of stepping away from everything once in a while & how it can be hugely refreshing. 🙏
Thinking of everyone who is suffering. Sending ❤️.
ARDHA CHANDRASANA • half moon pose. One of my absolutely favourite poses. Try a couple of variations:
1. Chapasana - take the top hand to the top foot (you can experiment in taking the outside of the foot or the inside) and then kick the leg into the hand for a bit of a backbend & a quad/hip flexor opener.
2. Draw the heel towards the bum and then re extend the leg. Repeat a few times to strengthen the glutes & hamstrings. 🙏
Happy Tuesday everyone.