Good bye Singapore!
I heard the Singapore is very clean county.No litter on the road.But,actually it's not true.There are some litter, drink can and many cigarette on the road.Of couse,around main place is clean.but,another place is not so,like same to Japan.haha
It's my new discovery.
See real things by your eyes,you'll get new discovery.
It was not the disappointing tourist site for me at all.
And I found the building which looked like "Choco Monaka Jumbo", one of the most famous ice cream in Japan.
Zoe is now full of beans in my parents' house😂
House of Peranakan Petit
Finally had the opportunity to satisfy my Peranakan cuisine cravings after so long. Paid a visit to a restaurant in Tiong Bahru area. Here are my after thoughts:
1. Itek Tim (Soup with duck and pork meat inside): I liked the sourness of the dish and the bits of meat and vege. Nice to bite into and juicy. Could have used a bit more spice though.
2. Bakwang Kepiting (Meatball Soup; this meatball is made using prawn and crab meat): Absolutely loved the juiciness, the tenderness, and flavor from the meat. The whole soup was very relaxing after a mouthful of Itek Tim.
3. Otak Otak: Not too spicy and was nice. It didn't have too much oil in it so the Otak Otak wasn't as wet as it usually is with some others.
4. Ngoh Hiang: I'll eat it again.
5. Babi Pongteh: I'm very sensitive when it comes to this dish. For a guy who only eats pork once in a blue moon, this dish is actually my favorite in Peranakan cuisine. I liked the texture, though could be a bit softer, but I felt a different taste in the sauce. It wasn't the usual taste I usually have and it was a had bit too salty for me. I think it's ok, but could have been better.
6. Pulot Hitam: not bad but I felt there wasn't enough glutinous rice in the dish and the liquid was a bit too watery.
7. Durian Chendol with Coconut Ice Cream: best is not to have frozen Durian. And the chendol was rather dry. Only the coconut ice cream saved the dessert I'm sorry.
I would go back to have one more round to try some dishes I haven't and the ngoh hiang and the soup.