Mmmmm roasted #chickpeas are so good. You can season them any way you want! I’ve even done cinnamon sugar chickpeas! They’re perfect to put in green salads to give it an extra crunch, or just eat on their own. 💚fact: chickpeas are a legume that are high in fiber and protein!
Get you some!!
Black Bean Croquettes with Fresh Vegan Slaw!!
•this was a delicious recipe I found on @eatingwell
•mix together 2 cans drained and rinsed black beans, 1 cup corn, 1 tsp cumin, 1/4 cup bread crumbs •in a separate bowl 1/4 cup cilantro, 2 chopped green onions, 2 cups finally chopped tomatoes, 1/2 tsp chili powder, pinch of salt •combine 1 cup of tomato mixture with the black bean mixture
•in the tomato mixture bowl add 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 tbsp of olive oil, pinch of salt
•roll the black bean mixture into 8 ball and press each into the breadcrumb mixture
•bake at 425 for 20 min
•fresh coleslaw mix with homemade dressing- vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt & pepper
•grilled corn tortilla
Vegan Sheppard's pie for dinner tonight! Going with my minimalist meal prepping, I had some mushrooms and green pepper that was getting soggy so I throw it into this dish as well and it turned out delicious 🌿
Asparagus and Chicken Rice Bowl with Almond and Lemon Vinaigrette
Guys, I dropped the ball on this one 😂 first I was one can of chickpea short and then I forgot to buy green onions 🤦🏻♀️BUT this was still my fave recipe so far. Will definitely be making this again!! Hubby wasn’t there to test it so instead I shared a meal with another little monster 🤪(last photo) 9 month old baby boy ended up tossing everything to the dog 🤦🏻♀️ this was a super quick meal for a Friday night! Love!
Zucchini pizzas for dinner! They didn’t turn out as well as I hoped because it had super tough skin and big seeds 😑😑But the pizza @guglielmosauce with cheese and zucchini bits I scraped out was delicious 😂Plus I made some buffalo cheddar ones! And a salad with apple butter dressing on the side 😋
🍕Cauliflower Crust Pizza🍕
•1/2 medium head of cauliflower •2 1/2 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds •1/4 cup water
•1/3 cup almond flour •1 teaspoon dried oregano
•1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
•1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set it aside. Whisk together the flaxseeds and water. Refrigerate at least a 1/2 hour.
2. Chop the cauliflower into small florets, and then steam them until they become fall-apart soft. Drain fully.
3. Stir the almond flour with the oregano, garlic, and salt.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 F. Once the cauliflower cools a little, place it in a clean dish towel over the sink, and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. You want it as dry as possible.
5. Place the cauliflower into a medium bowl, and add the flax mixture. Mash and stir well. Then stir in the almond flour mixture.
6. Form the dough into a ball, and place it on top of the parchment-lined baking sheet. Pat the dough into a circle, and then use another sheet of parchment on top (and a rolling pin, if desired) to spread the circle to about 1/4 inch thick. (Take off the top sheet of parchment paper before baking.) 7. Bake 25 minutes, or until lightly browned with crispy edges.
8. Remove, and add toppings of choice. Bake an additional 8 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes.
Happy Friday everyone! With the weekend upon us, you may be heading out to eat with those most special to you or heading over to a friend’s or family member’s house for a get together...💕
Eating out at restaurants or even visiting someone’s home can cause hesitation in someone with special dietary needs, especially when you know the negative side effects consuming foods you react to can cause...💕
Here are my top five tips to stay safe with gluten free, plant-based options, so you can enjoy your weekend, whatever you may be doing...💕
1️⃣Bring Your Own Dish: If you’re going somewhere where you can contribute food, make a safe appetizer, dinner, and dessert dish so you know you will have at least one option for each course you can enjoy...Make something you really love so you don’t feel left out...If you’re very sensitive and can react to cross contamination, you may want to avoid seconds...
2️⃣Look Up the Menu: Most restaurants have their menus online...Check out options that are plant-based and gluten free in advance so you can go into the event with a plan...
3️⃣Be Open with Your Server: Quietly, kindly, and honestly let your server know your dietary needs or preferences...Restaurants want you to enjoy your meal and are often extremely accommodating, careful, and helpful when dealing with food safety...
4️⃣Work with the Host or Caterer: If a company is catering the event, and the organizer can provide you with contact information, you can consider contacting the caterers directly to see if it's possible for them to provide you with safe food...If there’s a host having the event at their house, talk to them beforehand so they know they don’t need to go out of their way, but that you also know what they’re planning on having and can formulate a plan...
5️⃣Eat Before You Go: This is an easy solution, although it frequently provokes questions — and often some unwanted pressure, as well...Don’t fear declining food, even in cases when someone’s made something specifically "gluten free" if you’re unsure if it truly is...Be as tactful as you can, but remember that you need to take care of yourself first...Most people will understand...💕😘🌱
EVERYTHING STARTED AS A SEED...
My favorite and easiest weekend dish.
- Roasted Veggies, @eatbanza chickpea pasta, in Garlic & Oil with fresh Basil -
• preheat oven to 400-425
• chop up 2 heads of 2 broccoli, 2 bundles of asparagus, 2 zucchini’s
• mix veggies in a bowl with EVOO, fresh chopped garlic (3-4 cloves) and Italian seasoning, whatever you like.
• roast veggies in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the broccoli chars.
• cook pasta 2-3 mins less than the directions. Trust me, It always falls apart... and then you will tell me you hated it. No, You didn’t hate it, it just fell apart, it tastes fine. It cooks different than “regular pasta” = different ingredients. Better ones. Get over it, it’s better for you.
• pour a big bag of spinach in a giant serving bowl
• heat up some more EVOO and garlic in a pan. Medium heat 3-4 mins.
• drain the Pasta when cooked and mix it with the spinach. This will help steam and wilt the spinach just perfectly.
⚠️ We all knows spinach disappears when you cook it in a pan, 😢 so stop cooking it in a pan and then complaining and being dramatic that it disappears.
• add in the heated oil and garlic to the bowl and mix
• add the roasted veggie and mix it all again 🥦 • chop up a bundle of fresh basil and add that too. 🌿 • salt and pepper to taste
⚠️ More or less oil as needed. Aim for less. Don’t cook with more oil than you are comfortable drinking straight out of a glass!! It is all going in your body. Whether you drink it or hide it on your veggies.
😢 If this takes you more than 20 mins, well then I don’t know what your boss sees in you 😂 jk but Not really. keep practicing.
🌱 💪 🏊♂️ 🚴♀️ 🏃 👨🏼⚕️👍🙏
EVERY BLOGGER'S DREAM PLACE! @juicyladies has it all. Amazing vegan food + a cool hip bohemian vibes that makes blogging a breeze. Here is the JUICY SPECIAL BURGER. Black bean and brown rice patty, lettuce, tomato, onions, and vegan cheese of course! Belly is satiated so back to blogging I go. 😘
Made pumpkin muffins using the same three ingredients for the mini donuts! So easy, so delicious, and healthier than the dounuts ;)🎃💕
Grãomelete. Tô viciada!!!! 😋 😋
Farinha de grão de bico, aveia, linhaça, um pouquinho de tapioca. Água.
Se quiser coloca um pouco de polvilho azedo para ficar puxa puxa. Se quiser coloca nutricional yeast pra ficar com gostinho de queijo.
Temperinhos a vontade. Coloco sempre alho em pó, sal e orégano.
Deixa descansando por 10 minutos enquanto esquenta a frigideira no fogo máximo.
Abaixa o fogo da frigideira, despeja a massa lá, tampa e só monitora. Vai soltar sozinha do fundo da frigideira. Aí é só virar, rechear, e se esbaldar!!! 😍😍💚💚💚 Grão de bico com aveia tem a famosa proteína completa (arroz com feijão). Almocei todos os dias dessa semana essa belezura, cada dia um recheio diferente hehehe
O de hoje foi salada verde, berinjela assada e brócolis.
Água com limão pra acompanhar. Vitamina B12 pra depois e banana pra lanchinho da tarde. 💪💪💪
We are stopping at a popular chicken restaurant on the way to our game today. I didn't want to be left out so I brought my own 😋
#Fridayfootballeats this week features 'chicken' sliders with buffalo, pepper jack and avocado (and some yummy snacks)!
Healthy snacks + A surprise nomination and unanimous approval as a select member of the Global Education State Council EXECUTIVE BOARD = the BEST Friday ever...SO incredibly honored to be part of a group of such amazing, world changing individuals with such initiatives as social isolation, trafficking, abuse and neglect, diversity, refugees, owning our individual stories, immigration, and so forth with our children...😁🙏🏻❤️#blessed#pinchme#chooselove