Malai Kofta (vegetable dumplings in a spicy tomato cream sauce) is one of my favorite Indian dishes. You might find this vegan version on my blog in the future. Speaking of which...
Update: you can expect to see the blog published within the month!
Did you know that Driftless Market has a hot bar with delicious, nutritious meals every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday? Tell us which entree is your favorite! (featured here is our malai koftas, a classic Indian dish)
Its #Malaikofta on the menu today!
Paneer – 200gms grated
Potato – 200gms grated
Ginger – 2 tablespoon finely chopped
Chillies – 1 – 2 tablespoon finely chopped
Cornflour – 1 tablespoon
Dry fruits of your choice finely chopped (do not use raisins)
Oil for frying – 250 litres
Butter – 2 dollops
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Onions – 2 large roughly chopped
Tomatoes – 4 large roughly chopped
Cashews – handful
Ginger – 1 inch roughly chopped
Garlic – 4-5 big roughly chopped
Khuskhus – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder -1/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Kasoori Methi – ½ teaspoon
Garam Masala – ½ teaspoon
Jeera powder – ½ teaspoon
Fresh cream – 4 tablespoon
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Green Cardamom (elaichi) – 3-4 nos
Cloves – 4 nos
Bay leaf – 1
Water - 1/4 c
1) To make Koftas, in a large bowl, combine all the ingredients from the ingredients list above except dry fruits and oil.
2) Apply little oil on your palm and make balls. Flatten the ball by gently pressing it and make a well. Stuff the dry fruits. Cover and roll it back into a ball.
3) Deep fry on a medium heat. Turn when one side is golden brown. Take it out and let it cool.
4) For the gravy, take a non-stick pan, put butter generously. Once butter melts, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf.
5) Add in onions, ginger, garlic and saute till translucent. Add cashews, khuskhus, tomatoes, salt. Saute till the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Close lid to cook faster. Let the mixture cool down. Blend it in grinder till you get smooth paste.
6) In the same pan, add oil, put the masalas – coriander powder, turmeric, chilli powder, jeera powder. Saute till the raw taste goes. Pour the paste back and saute till you see oil separate. Add water and adjust the consistency to keep it little thick.
7) Finish it with fresh cream, garam masala, kasoori methi.
Note : Do not add kofta in the hot gravy. Wait for the gravy to cool and put it in. Or pour the gravy on the Kofta just before serving to avoid koftas from breaking.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Panjabi Thali ❤
Each and every thing was so fresh and so good.
Thali has one choice also. You can order one sbji by your choice options are as follows
1. Malai Kofta
2. Mix Veg.
3. Chana Masala
We were orderd Malai Kofta which was delicious❤ . Kofta stuffed with paneer and gravy was creamy.
2. Bundi Raita
3. Veg pulav
4. Daal makhani
5. Malai kofta
6. Butter naan-2
9. Ice-cream (in last. Flavour served according to your taste. Mainly vanilla, chocolate and strawberry)
To Thali bhut bhari hai 😅.. Ldko ko bhi bhaari padi to 2-ladkiya ek se hi aaram se khaa sakti hai😛.
Must Try Friends😊
Location: Mango Masala, India motor circle, Ajmer
Price: 319/- (without tax)
Rating: 5/5 😊
I 🧡 Indian food! 🇮🇳 I made #vegan Malai Kofta the other day. It’s an Indian curry made from tomato 🍅. Instead of cream I used coconut milk 🥥. The kofta are made out of potato🥔, tofu, and peas. Lastly, I made my own naan 🍞 from scratch and grilled them in the Japanese fish oven.