Will Eating Too Few Calories Make You Gain Weight?
Severe calorie restriction can cause rapid weight loss at first, but weight gain in the long run.
Set a goal of balancing your calories so you have enough deficit to promote weight loss, while still getting the calories and nutrients needed to maintain health and lose weight safely.
credit to @JANET RENEE, MS, RD • JULY 18, 2017
LOVE THIS ONE!
Swipe left 👈 to see before and after just 30 days and what she says about her experience of doing the programme. .
One of the biggest things this lovely lady said to me was that for the first time in as long as she can remember she didn’t feel “hangry” whilst on the programme. Even when she wasn’t dieting, she’d always have a level of hunger and wanting to snack before, but this was gone whilst doing the #30dayresetwithdrlauren . This is because on the programme we focus on fuelling your body not depriving it 🙌
This is my lunch after leg workout today .
Dinner, I will eat a smaller portion . Eating enough with the right combination of carbohydrates, protein and good fats is crucial for long term weight loss and maintaining lean muscle .
Instead of counting calories, we should be focusing on the quality of the food we consume. If you just try to eat less and exercise more, most people will lose that battle. Simply looking at calories is misguided at best and potentially harmful because it disregards how those calories are affecting our hormones and metabolism—and ultimately our ability to stick to a diet!
Why do so many personal trainers swear by Arbonne’s 30 days to healthy living program? Because it’s simple, backed by science, and it works! Trainers have to come up with nutrition programs for their clients to complement the fitness program and maximize results. Clean eating is where it’s at! And Arbonne’s 30 days to healthy living program provides an entire, customizable plan for trainers to bring to their clients with no extra work for the trainers themselves. And the trainers get the added benefit of extra income for doing something that they were already doing. Better results for the clients, and more money for the trainers. Brilliant!
Let’s talk TURMERIC!
When I was in high school, my dad and I would go together to an Indian restaurant every Saturday for lunch. That restaurant was my first experience with this *magical* root- turmeric is used extensively in Indian dishes primarily because it grows extensively in the region, and also because of its medicinal properties!
How can turmeric help our bodies?
1. Curcumin, the primary ingredient in turmeric, has been shown to reduce inflammation.
2. Turmeric is HIGH in antioxidants (which give it those gorgeous yellow and orange colors).
3. Helps with detoxification of the liver and increase the body’s overall natural detoxification process.
4. Has potential to stop and reverse cancer (this shows promise and is still being studied- a study shows that people who eat 100-200mg of turmeric per day have much lower risks of cancer) .
Here are 5 unique ways to use Turmeric TODAY:
1. Juice it- add it to your regular green juice, or to a juice with carrots, beets, dandelion root, and orange for an extra detoxifying and antioxidant filled juice.
2. Steep it- simple turmeric “latte”: peel and slice 1” of turmeric and heat it with almond milk until just about boiling, lower the heat and steep for 15 minutes. Add a pinch of black pepper, raw organic honey, and sip.
3. Roast it- most stores have bulk turmeric for sale. Add peeled and diced turmeric to your roasted potato dish.
4. Hash it- add turmeric root to your breakfast hash in the morning for a great start to the day!
5. Crisp it- slice the roots into thin rounds, lightly coat with coconut oil and bake at 400* for about 15 minutes. Add the crisps to salads, or anywhere you’d put a crispy onion 🤤 .
What is your favorite way to eat turmeric? IMPORTANT- adding just 1/4 tsp of black pepper to your turmeric dish increases the bioavailability (the ease at which your body absorbs and uses the food) by 700%!
Need better eating habits? 🍒
➡️ Looking to drop a few pounds? 👍
➡️ Looking to burn body fat while losing weight? 🔥
➡️ Link in bio: @_weightloss.motivation_
🌺 Just a little lunchtime love for my body today! 🌺 Have you given up on your goals? Maybe you just need to speak kindly to yourself and adjust your attitude. It’s almost magical how everything in life seems to fall into place once you start truly improving just one area!