We’re headed to DC for the holidays and it’s my favorite time to go. Since everyone is home for the holidays you get to enjoy monuments and museums without having to battle major crowds. 📷 @carlyhelfand #wanderlustwednesday
The first time I visited the Lincoln Memorial was also the first time I read Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address. It has become one of my favorite speeches, and one I have returned to again and again as I think about war and the American experiment.
"Let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the Nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."
Here are my #TopNine of 2018 in random order.
1. @caprockcanyonsstatepark during a “2 mile” hike where @joann_subia kid about murdered us when she found out it was 2 miles each way.
2. Want to avoid the crowds at the #WashingtonMonument ? Go before sunrise. I practically had the park all to myself.
3. For all the art and beauty the @wagnernoel_pac offers on the inside, the show at sunrise outback is pretty breathtaking itself.
4. #MonahansSandhills might be one of the most under appreciated Parks in West Texas. The views are incredible, the breeze at sunset cools everything down, and you get serenaded by coyotes most evenings just before dark.
5. @odessaarts selected one of my pieces to hang in City Hall in Odessa for a year. I was so stressed about getting my print on time but @artbeatstudios came through with flying colors and definitely made my work stand out among several, well deserving artists. If you are around @downtownodessatx, stop by City Hall and check it out.
6. The #LincolnMemorial is already an overwhelming place to visit - having it to yourself touches your soul.
7. Shooting out at the @midlandrockhounds when a storm rolls in. Was told to “shoot whatever I want” so I sat down and grabbed this gem!! 8. I was hanging out with my peeps by the water at @caprockcanyonsstatepark waiting for the sun to get just so for a photo.
9. As a sunset photographer, I’m always looking for new locations. I found this spot scouting locations for a magazine shoot.
As always we are totally #TeamCanon @canonusa
We use @mefototripods #madewithmefoto
And our accessories come from the fabulous minds of the team from @peakdesign #peakdesign
Please check them out and buy something why don’t cha.
Speaking of buying - new Photos by Richard website coming soon. Love you all!! @texashighways